PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush

weendune
08-16-2006, 03:32 AM
How well will Reggie Bush do this year.

Skiz
08-16-2006, 07:56 AM

Phenomenal. My Texans were foolish not to take him. We shouldn't even be called The Houston Texans anymore, we should just be call the Houston Didn't Take Reggie Bush Idiot Texans. I think it would suit the leaders of the organization better. :dry:

I also find it quite disturbing that the GM in charge of making this decision quit the Houston......Texans organization less than 48 hours after the draft. A bit of sabotage perhaps? :dry:

BigBank_Hank
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I defiantly hope that he has a great season. As a lifelong N.O. Saints fan its time that we actually have something to look forward to.

Everyone I know was ecstatic after he broke a run for 40 yards in his first preseason game.

@Skizo: I don’t think that Mario Williams is going to be a bad player. I just think that any team that passed up the opportunity to pick Bush is crazy. Williams is a solid player but nowhere near the caliber player that Bush is. I don’t think that just because someone has a great combine that you take them with the first pick in the draft.

Skiz
08-16-2006, 09:13 PM
@Skizo: I don’t think that Mario Williams is going to be a bad player. I just think that any team that passed up the opportunity to pick Bush is crazy. Williams is a solid player but nowhere near the caliber player that Bush is. I don’t think that just because someone has a great combine that you take them with the first pick in the draft.

I could not have said it more simply. You don't pass up the best runner since Ricky Williams for a defensive lineman ffs. Especially when Dominik "The Fumble" Davis is hurt and Antowain Smith is out also, both with a questionable return status. :frusty:

I think Reggie is going to pick up right where he left off last season. With the Texans or not, I look forward to watching him play.

weendune
08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
You have something great to look forward to as long as he stays healthy.
Im not a saints fan but i think hes going to beat up on a lot of teams. Probably one of the to backs at the end of the season

JordoR
08-29-2006, 05:48 AM
I think Reggie Bush will start out this season with nothing better than mediocre. However, with his one year of experience I believe he will do extremely well in his second year.

Nfl and NCAA are two totally different games. Just because one rips it up at the NCAA level, doesnt mean they will do the same in the NFL.

I agree he is a very talented player, but I don't think his team can help him have a great first season in the NFL.

Skiz
08-29-2006, 05:50 AM
I think Reggie Bush will start out this season with nothing better than mediocre. However, with his one year of experience I believe he will do extremely well in his second year.

Nfl and NCAA are two totally different games. Just because one rips it up at the NCAA level, doesnt mean they will do the same in the NFL.

I agree he is a very talented player, but I don't think his team can help him have a great first season in the NFL.

You'll be eating those words in a few weeks. :P

JordoR
08-29-2006, 05:56 AM
After what I've seen in preseason games I doubt it.... but then again, regular season is a totally different story. It's hard to predict these sort of things. Only time will tell.

Busyman
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
After what I've seen in preseason games I doubt it.... but then again, regular season is a totally different story. It's hard to predict these sort of things. Only time will tell.

Yeah, my promising Redskins got rips 41 - 0 by the Patriots this past weekend.:dry:

Thank goodness it doesn't count.

maebach
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
:lol: . The Raiders are doing alright. I need to see them beat Seattle. Finishing so high in the preseason doesnt mean anything for the regular season. Hopefully they can finish above .600 this year.

Busyman™
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Yeah, my promising Redskins got ripped 41 - 0 by the Patriots this past weekend.:dry:

Thank goodness it doesn't count.

Busyman™
08-29-2006, 11:07 PM
:lol: . The Raiders are doing alright. I need to see them beat Seattle. Finishing so high in the preseason doesnt mean anything for the regular season. Hopefully they can finish above .600 this year.

It's weird how so many foreigners like the Raiders.

Adster
08-31-2006, 02:40 AM
god ESPN cream themsleves about this guy

he makes 1 fucking good 45 yard run and ESPN show it 2 billion times

other then that he has been shut out see how the cowgirls shut him out!!

1 great run in pre season doesnt make you god!

Busyman™
08-31-2006, 02:49 AM
god ESPN cream themsleves about this guy

he makes 1 fucking good 45 yard run and ESPN show it 2 billion times

other then that he has been shut out see how the cowgirls shut him out!!

1 great run in pre season doesnt make you god!

It shows promise though.

LegendaryU2K
08-31-2006, 07:49 PM

Phenomenal. My Texans were foolish not to take him. We shouldn't even be called The Houston Texans anymore, we should just be call the Houston Didn't Take Reggie Bush Idiot Texans.

The Texans is my team also, but not picking up bush dont mean nothing. Yea bush can play, but watching the preseason games, well i think houston might make the playoff's this year, or have a better record then last season.

Busyman™
08-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Phenomenal. My Texans were foolish not to take him. We shouldn't even be called The Houston Texans anymore, we should just be call the Houston Didn't Take Reggie Bush Idiot Texans.

The Texans is my team also, but not picking up bush dont mean nothing. Yea bush can play, but watching the preseason games, well i think houston might make the playoff's this year, or have a better record then last season.

Preseason, schmeseason.

Preseason means squat. I remember my Redskins winning a Superbowl and lost all their preseason games. I remember former Redskin coach Steve Spurrier blowing teams out in the preseason then looking shit in the regular, not even making the playoffs.

Skiz
09-01-2006, 12:11 AM
well i think houston might make the playoff's this year,

:glag:

dtrain1234
02-17-2007, 01:20 AM
I think Reggie Bush will do ok in his first year in the NFL, but then he will be a hall of famer in the future.

Skiz
02-17-2007, 01:40 AM
I think Reggie Bush will do ok in his first year in the NFL, but then he will be a hall of famer in the future.

The season's over. :ermm:

On a side note, it was interesting reading this thread now that the season is indeed over.