PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Graphic card

CMS2123
04-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello,
I have the Radeon 9550 ati AGP Graphic card and for some reason when im trying to see the computer on the tv i can't see colours only black and white...
What can i do?

mbucari1
04-23-2007, 01:17 AM
sounds like you're using composite. Are you sure All are plugged in?

lynx
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
You need to check that your output matches your tv - colour is usually lost if your tv is NTSC standard and you give it a PAL signal, or vice-versa.

frankie97
04-23-2007, 11:07 AM
buy a color tv??

j/k
i usually have this problem but is fixed by just unplugging and repluggin the cables back in... and then telling the computer to resend the signal to the tv...

CMS2123
04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
First of all thank you very much 4 your help...
I do connect with composite and i tried all the coloures i have and in some i cant see a picture at all and in those i do see a picture it's in blak&white...
i tried unpluggin and everythin but that didn't help.
I am using the pal format in my region...
How do i chack rather my output is the same as my tv?
Oh and i saw in colour before i did a format so i guess my connection is fine no?
What alse can be the problem?

mym_2006
04-25-2007, 03:01 AM
be sure that your option is right bro but if it big problem you should e-mail ati

lynx
04-25-2007, 09:43 AM
On some cards you switch between NTSC and PAL with a jumper on the card. If you haven't changed anything on the card that's unlikely to be the problem.

Generally, there should be a setting in the drivers to switch output format between NTSC and PAL. I don't know where you select that option since I don't have an Ati card. I know the option must exist because I've seen reports of a fixed bug in the latest Vista drivers.

be sure that your option is right bro but if it big problem you should e-mail atiAll you'll probably get back is a link to the manual, and that tells you f-all because Ati don't seem to care whether you can use their products successfully. That's why I stick to Nvidia.

CMS2123
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
well actually i have the same prob with an nvidia card he 7600 gt...
and i wrote to the both of them telling them my prob (ati and nvidia) and after weeks of correspnoding i got nothing from them accept they told me update the driver (dont they think i allready tried that) and if that wont work then to send them the card... and what to stay without a grphic card until they will send me a new one?!