PDA

View Full Version : Posting problem

S!X
12-07-2007, 12:41 PM
It seems like every time I try to post it just sits there loading. Sometimes if I'm lucky it'll post if I refresh the page, but most of the time it wont post at all. What's the deal here? :frusty:

100%
12-07-2007, 01:04 PM
The board automatically selects interesting posts first, the rest are put on stand by.

Barbarossa
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I wish this were true :mellow:

kyrcer
12-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I think server slow down and that is the reason.

S!X
12-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Nothing is working either, search, usercp and all that. When I click on it, nothing happens.

Skiz
12-08-2007, 02:21 AM
It seems like every time I try to post it just sits there loading. Sometimes if I'm lucky it'll post if I refresh the page, but most of the time it wont post at all. What's the deal here? :frusty:

If the board was lagging at the time you made this report, that's because the backups are running and unfortunately, the forum slows to a crawl for about three hours.

I spoke to Reality about it some two days ago and he said he would speak with the host and determine if there was a way to reduce that time.

The initial thoughts we had was to discontinue backing up the NZBs. They take up a lot of room and only stay around for 30 days.

It's either that or rossco working on the board. :shifty:

Nothing is working either, search, usercp and all that. When I click on it, nothing happens.

Wait, you mean it lags forever when trying to open them, or the drop down buttons simply aren't responding at all?

S!X
12-08-2007, 09:19 AM
The drop down menu's aren't responding what so ever, I'd like to give someone rep in the BT invites section but cant :frusty:

Skiz
12-08-2007, 10:30 AM
The drop down menu's aren't responding what so ever, I'd like to give someone rep in the BT invites section but cant :frusty:

What skin are you using? vb white?

S!X
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM

Dark (BP-Grey). Now that you mentioned it, after changing to white the menus work fine. I'm a big fan of the dark theme though :(

Skiz
12-08-2007, 10:43 AM

Dark (BP-Grey). Now that you mentioned it, after changing to white the menus work fine. I'm a big fan of the dark theme though :(

It was messed up somehow on the vb white skin the other night and took us a while to sort it out, but I thought all the skins were working now.

I'd suggest switching to another skin for evening and hopefully it will be sorted out tomorrow. :dabs:

I just sent him a message to look at it.

tesco
12-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Fixed it.

S!X
12-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Fixed it.

Good stuff, did you get my username request? :dabs:

Edit: Cheers :D