PDA

View Full Version : This guy is smarter than Palin? Or Obama? Or McCain?

j2k4
10-21-2008, 12:36 AM
"C'mon in, guys, the front door is wide open..."

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-if-elected-the-world-will-test-obama-with-a-crisis/

devilsadvocate
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Do you think that the next president will not be facing a "test"?

clocker
10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm sure McCain has a full slate of medical tests to look forward to...

j2k4
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Do you think that the next president will not be facing a "test"?

A difficult question to answer.

Do you think a candidate's offering a guarantee a positive event, conducive of your vote?

That is my question.

Answer it or opt out. :whistling

devilsadvocate
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't think it too hard, I'm not asking for a guarantee. I wish it were otherwise but at this moment in history I think it more likely than not that some "test" is coming. The difficult part is speculating what kind of test it will be.

The whole Obama is untested meme has been based on telling us we ARE going to be facing such challenges, so I'm wondering what the issue is with Biden saying such.

Was the fear mongering coming from the republicans conducive of your vote?

pentomato
10-21-2008, 07:31 PM

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-if-elected-the-world-will-test-obama-with-a-crisis/

You don't have to be to smart, to know that a crisis is coming somewhere in the world and Obama is more than capable to deal with any crisis.
Come on, we have a retard in the white house, what a smart man like Obama woulnd't be able to acomplish?

100%
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
....like they did John Kennedy.

what united worldly test is he reffering to?

Everyday is a bloody test on my side of the world.
(must lower standards)

j2k4
10-21-2008, 11:58 PM

what united worldly test is he reffering to?

The Cuban missile crisis.

It is popularly regarded is the closest post-WWII approach to nuclear conflict.

I say "popularly" because Kennedy fans think in those terms.

If it had happened to a republican, the appropriate word would be "widely".

MaxOverlord
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM

You don't have to be to smart, to know that a crisis is coming somewhere in the world and Obama is more than capable to deal with any crisis.
Come on, we have a retard in the white house, what a smart man like Obama woulnd't be able to acomplish?

you dont have to be quick-witted to know that there are multiple crises happening at all times across the globe. the idea is to be able to handle them ALL in a logical and (hopefully) civilized manner. as far as a retard in the white house: the only thing that has been retarded is Bush's ability to fight the war on terror by left-leaning "folks" like yourself.

clocker
10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
the only thing that has been retarded is Bush's ability to fight the war on terror by left-leaning "folks" like yourself.
So, the "left" is responsible for the Iraq mess as well?

MaxOverlord
10-29-2008, 09:55 PM
the only thing that has been retarded is Bush's ability to fight the war on terror by left-leaning "folks" like yourself.

As well as what? Are you admitting the "left" is responsible for a multitude of "messes" in the good ole' world?

j2k4
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM

Odd that JFK survives as a liberal icon, given today's pundits would judge him well to the right of Pat Buchanan.

JFK would likely denounce Obama as the Antichrist. :whistling

clocker
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM

As well as what? Are you admitting the "left" is responsible for a multitude of "messes" in the good ole' world?
Answer the question please.

MaxOverlord
10-30-2008, 01:34 AM

Hmm..cant think of anyone off the top of my head other than the "leftist" who have done their damndest to secure a withdrawal without victory...other than of course when the election cycle comes around and they need votes to get re-elected...because as you know the Libs are ALL ABOUT POWER and a little dash of CONTROL.

And please don't ask me what my definiton of victory is...thats been used to death by the left as well....

clocker
10-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Oh noes, not they!!

That spineless "leftist"- could be any of the bastards, right?- wants to harm America through "withdrawal without victory" but you get to define "victory" and even double secret better- you get to keep the definition to yourself.

I suspect you're having us on.

Skiz
10-30-2008, 04:12 AM

"...more than capable to deal with any crisis."

You're basing this on what? His experience as a state assemblyman? Or maybe the less than half a term he has spent as a Senator? (most of which he has spent running for the Presidency)

Skiz
10-30-2008, 04:13 AM

I didn't see him saying that. I didn't even see it as implied.

I took it as a representation of how most of the "left" feel.

clocker
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM

Huh?
Overlord says that the "left" has somehow hampered Bush's ability to fight the "war on terror" and has done it's best to secure withdrawal without victory.

Seems to me that Bush has, through hook and by crook, pretty much had his way in Iraq.

pentomato
10-30-2008, 10:28 AM

you dont have to be quick-witted to know that there are multiple crises happening at all times across the globe. the idea is to be able to handle them ALL in a logical and (hopefully) civilized manner. as far as a retard in the white house: the only thing that has been retarded is Bush's ability to fight the war on terror by left-leaning "folks" like yourself.

War on terror? What war?
Bush is a morron, he has no idea of what life is about, he is a retard literaly, a cocaine user and a drunk, he doesn't know nothing at all.
His brain cells as every republican are non existent

pentomato
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM

Hmm..cant think of anyone off the top of my head other than the "leftist" who have done their damndest to secure a withdrawal without victory...other than of course when the election cycle comes around and they need votes to get re-elected...because as you know the Libs are ALL ABOUT POWER and a little dash of CONTROL.

And please don't ask me what my definiton of victory is...thats been used to death by the left as well....

Victory? please let me laugh. The same victory as in Vietnam? There will never be a victory in irak, we don't even have their oil, wait I have to laugh now lol.
The Iraq war was based in a LIE, do I need to say anything else?
BUSH= drug addict, drunk, bush is a joke, a poor man.
Victory lol lol, another victory as in Vietnam, where the Victors had to come home embarrass, by the way this is Bush's legacy, a legacy of lies, oh yeah human rights abuses in Iraq and afganistan.

pentomato
10-30-2008, 10:39 AM

"...more than capable to deal with any crisis."

You're basing this on what? His experience as a state assemblyman? Or maybe the less than half a term he has spent as a Senator? (most of which he has spent running for the Presidency)
Clinton didn't have experience and he was one of the best presidents ever, by the way, you don't have to know anything, the proff bush.
So many advisors, they don't even have to think, at least Obama knows how to be civilized and talk as a great human being, mccain is a poor man with dementia, that man should be in a nursing home, he is forgetting everything, I don't want my president to be a retard as the one before him, that would acusse anyone of anything.

MaxOverlord
10-31-2008, 01:20 AM

War on terror? What war?
Bush is a morron, he has no idea of what life is about, he is a retard literaly, a cocaine user and a drunk, he doesn't know nothing at all.

stunning analysis....no really.

Skiz
10-31-2008, 01:40 AM

War on terror? What war?

:glag:

It sort of ruins your credibility and your (pseudo-)insult when you misspell "moron". Not to mention the other spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.

It is to your credit I'm certain.

Skiz
10-31-2008, 01:45 AM

Huh?
Overlord says that the "left" has somehow hampered Bush's ability to fight the "war on terror" and has done it's best to secure withdrawal without victory.

I suppose the initial comment was a tad ambiguous. Rereading it, I can see both contexts.

pentomato
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
War on terror? What war?

It sort of ruins your credibility and your (pseudo-)insult when you misspell "moron". Not to mention the other spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.

Maybe I went to peblik skol the way Bush did too lol, that's why the poor guy can't make up a frase without a paper infront of him.
I wasn't insulting anyone, I just was saying the truth, that's all.
When it goes to grammar Sir, I try to imitate every republican in town lol.
Credibility is not ruin the way you write, but with your actions, with what you say and do every day, unfortunaly republicans are a bunch of liers, I can see how smart americans are, when they voted for the same idiot twice, pardon me, the first one he didn't win anyway, and the second one they everything posible to supress votes, that reminds me of hitler, pinochet, franco, and many other dictators in this world.
More than four thousand kids dead and all for a lie, Bush should be in jail for the rest of his life, a lie and people like you, brush the truth under the rug.

j2k4
10-31-2008, 10:20 PM

Maybe I went to peblik skol the way Bush did too lol, that's why the poor guy can't make up a frase without a paper infront of him.
I wasn't insulting anyone, I just was saying the truth, that's all.
When it goes to grammar Sir, I try to imitate every republican in town lol.
Credibility is not ruin the way you write, but with your actions, with what you say and do every day, unfortunaly republicans are a bunch of liers, I can see how smart americans are, when they voted for the same idiot twice, pardon me, the first one he didn't win anyway, and the second one they everything posible to supress votes, that reminds me of hitler, pinochet, franco, and many other dictators in this world.
More than four thousand kids dead and all for a lie, Bush should be in jail for the rest of his life, a lie and people like you, brush the truth under the rug.

Who's your favorite dictator, anyway? :)

pentomato
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't have a favorite one, I love democracy, but by far the one I would say the worst in the 21st century is BUSH, killing thousands of women and children in Iraq, Afganistan and our own soldiers, bankrupting the country as a great dictator that he is, making people loosing their house, creating millions of homeless families living in the streets or in shelters, taking from the poor and giving to the rich, lying every step of the way, yeah it is BUSH, and Mccain says in his dementia that america is ok, we don't have a crisis, why would we want another lier, dictator ib the Ovan offi office? His lack of erections should not have to be a reason to keep america hostage continuing with the policies of his predecesor.

j2k4
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
So, you see Obama as the light in the darkness, the solution to every dilemma, the true messiah, the "One we've been waiting for"?

Interesting.

Skiz
11-03-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't have a favorite one, I love democracy, but by far the one I would say the worst in the 21st century is BUSH, killing thousands of women and children in Iraq, Afganistan and our own soldiers, bankrupting the country as a great dictator that he is, making people loosing their house, creating millions of homeless families living in the streets or in shelters, taking from the poor and giving to the rich, lying every step of the way, yeah it is BUSH, and Mccain says in his dementia that america is ok, we don't have a crisis, why would we want another lier, dictator ib the Ovan offi office? His lack of erections should not have to be a reason to keep america hostage continuing with the policies of his predecesor.

First off, Congress voted to invade Iraq. Only then did Bush give the order to do so. Calling him a dictator is just furthering our impression of your ignorance.

As for the economy, do you also believe that President Bush is responsible for the decline of the economy in the rest of the world as well? :blink:

Your perspective from your seat of judgment is very askew.

You also attempt to rip Bush for what you see as transgressions he had in college. ie - drug usage, which he admits was a solitary incident. Does that mean you won't be voting for Obama then seeing as he has made it very clear that he experimented with drugs on multiple occasions, from pot to cocaine

pentomato
11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
So, you see Obama as the light in the darkness, the solution to every dilemma, the true messiah, the "One we've been waiting for"?

Interesting.

No, I see him as a good man, a man of integrity, someone that can save us, a sincere man.

pentomato
11-03-2008, 09:54 AM

First off, Congress voted to invade Iraq. Only then did Bush give the order to do so. Calling him a dictator is just furthering our impression of your ignorance.

As for the economy, do you also believe that President Bush is responsible for the decline of the economy in the rest of the world as well? :blink:

You also attempt to rip Bush for what you see as transgressions he had in college. ie - drug usage, which he admits was a solitary incident. Does that mean you won't be voting for Obama then seeing as he has made it very clear that he experimented with drugs on multiple occasions, from pot to cocaine

Congress voted to invade with the information Bush gave them, it was all a lie, a LIE.
Lie after lie and you still have respect for that man?
The economy of the rest of the world depends on the American economy, so yes it is the Bush the lier's fault, from the beginning he wanted to bankrupt America and he has done it, great job.
In college? Was he in college in his 40's? He used drugs way over in his 40's only God knows till when.
Obama wrote he did it when he was young, we know bush did it because somebody else said it.
Palin is another Bush, she has lots of international experience, because she sees Rusia from her house lol, lol , what a republican won't say lol lol, it seems to me the best thing they do is lie.

j2k4
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Interesting.

No, I see him as a good man, a man of integrity, someone that can save us, a sincere man.

Save us from what?

Are all our hopes and dreams to be manifested in an Obama presidency?

pentomato
11-03-2008, 02:48 PM

Save us from what?

Save America from continuing going down hill as it is going for the last 8 years strainght to bakruptcy, thanks to the chinese that are paying our national debt.
To stop the national debt from going out of control, to stop a war that had nothing to do with America's national security.
To stop corporations from deciding wich way america has to go.

anoneemuse
11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
yay maccain, yay evangelicals .. yay america :rolleyes:

ostracizado
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't know .. but here in europe the tv channels always try to use some image of a weak/sick/frail McCain .. and a Powerful/Great Voice/Young Obama .. (honestly .... you don't have to do that ...)

j2k4
11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
[quote=j2k4;3021359]

Save us from what?

Save America from continuing going down hill as it is going for the last 8 years strainght to bakruptcy, thanks to the chinese that are paying our national debt.

Boy, if we can get the Chinese to pay our debt, I say go for it.

To stop the national debt from going out of control, to stop a war that had nothing to do with America's national security.

How do you think Obama's stoppage of the war will differ from McCain's?

I don't know exactly how you think that works, but while I myself would prefer that corporate activity spent more time on the up-and-up, I don't think corporations have much to do with "which way America should go"; if you are referring to moving jobs offshore, you need look no further than our corporate tax rates, and owe your emnity to the demsocrats for the fact.

BTW-

Are you aware that the Wall Street crowd (which you no doubt loathe as well) gave over 35 million dollars to the Obama campaign, which is over 5 times it's contribution to the McCain campaign?

The payoff for this largesse top the dems will be open access to your 401K for the Wall Streeters.

Do you like the sound of that?

j2k4
11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't know .. but here in europe the tv channels always try to use some image of a weak/sick/frail McCain .. and a Powerful/Great Voice/Young Obama .. (honestly .... you don't have to do that ...)

Just who do you think is responsible for "that"?

clocker
11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Obama favors getting out of Iraq soonest, McCain wants to stay until "victory"- definition of which is unclear- is achieved.

Are you aware that the Wall Street crowd (which you no doubt loathe as well) gave over 35 million dollars to the Obama campaign, which is over 5 times it's contribution to the McCain campaign?
I don't believe this figure. I can find this (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/18/wall-street-helped-fill-mccain-obama-campaign-chests/) but that doesn't jibe with your numbers, in fact it shows McCain as the greater beneficiary of Wall St. largesse.
Source please?

Just who do you think is responsible for "that"?
Gee, could that have anything to do with the fact that McCain is old and frail and Obama is far younger and healthier?
Yeah, maybe.

devilsadvocate
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
if you are referring to moving jobs offshore, you need look no further than our corporate tax rates, and owe your emnity to the demsocrats for the fact.

Higher education standards, particularly in technical fields, lack of worker rights and benefit demands and low wage cost are far more attractive reasons for shipping jobs away.

IMO the tax rate has little to do with it. If it stays that high and as promised the loopholes that even the most barely competent accountant can wield are closed you would have a point.
With the loopholes, apparently only about a third payed any corporate tax anyway, and even if the rate was lowered any tax would be higher than the zero they pay abroad.

So unless the rate is set at less than zero to make up for the higher wage and benefit costs - -

j2k4
11-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't believe this figure. I can find this (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/18/wall-street-helped-fill-mccain-obama-campaign-chests/) but that doesn't jibe with your numbers, in fact it shows McCain as the greater beneficiary of Wall St. largesse.
Source please?

I discovered I misquoted what I found once I re-found it.

The 35-million figure covers (as of this past June, I believe) Wall street money going to dems.

The figures relevant to my point are contained herein, where you can see that the contributions to Clinton and Obama are roughly 5 times the contribution to McCain.

No bitching about provenance, either - these figures are from CNNMoney.com:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/25/markets/wallstreet_election/index.htm?postversion=2008050810

clocker
11-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Higher education standards, particularly in technical fields, lack of worker rights and benefit demands and low wage cost are far more attractive reasons for shipping jobs away.

Then those must be the result of Democrat actions as well...don't you see?
Republicans are all about unicorns, rainbows and puppies, everything else is the fault of the Democrats.

pentomato
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Republicans are all about unicorns, rainbows and puppies, everything else is the fault of the Democrats.
ahahah lol lol very well said lol

pentomato
11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
[quote=pentomato;3021517]Save America from continuing going down hill as it is going for the last 8 years strainght to bakruptcy, thanks to the chinese that are paying our national debt.

Boy, if we can get the Chinese to pay our debt, I say go for it.

I don't know exactly how you think that works, but while I myself would prefer that corporate activity spent more time on the up-and-up, I don't think corporations have much to do with "which way America should go"; if you are referring to moving jobs offshore, you need look no further than our corporate tax rates, and owe your emnity to the demsocrats for the fact.

BTW-

The payoff for this largesse top the dems will be open access to your 401K for the Wall Streeters.

Do you like the sound of that?

Most of this was answeer already, but let me say this, if China attacks anyone, the USA have to shut up and take it, because if not the American goverment will go bankrupt in less than 24 hours, so it is not a good idea that America depends on the Chinese when it comes to debt.
Mccain is all for jobs outsourcing and I don't think there is nothing more unpatriotic than that, when companies go overseas to make more money.
Republicans the liers, totally for the rich, they just care about Exxon/mobil and company, when democrats talk about taxing them more, republicans whine like the babies they are.
By the way, your foreign experience comes from eating in taco bell?

Skiz
11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Congress voted to invade with the information Bush gave them, it was all a lie, a LIE.
The economy of the rest of the world depends on the American economy, so yes it is the Bush the lier's fault, from the beginning he wanted to bankrupt America and he has done it, great job.
In college? Was he in college in his 40's? He used drugs way over in his 40's only God knows till when.
Obama wrote he did it when he was young, we know bush did it because somebody else said it.
Palin is another Bush, she has lots of international experience, because she sees Rusia from her house lol, lol , what a republican won't say lol lol, it seems to me the best thing they do is lie.

I don't even know where to start with all that and it appears that no one else does either.

Your information is just flat out wrong. :dabs:

pentomato
11-04-2008, 12:07 AM

I don't even know where to start with all that and it appears that no one else does either.

Your information is just flat out wrong. :dabs:
Just don't say anything at all, be smart don't deffend their lies.

pentomato
11-04-2008, 12:41 AM

If you think about voting for Mccain, remember that he is an expert on bank fraud.
In early 1987, at the beginning of his first Senate term, McCain attended two meetings with federal banking regulators to discuss an investigation into Lincoln Savings and Loan, an Irvine, Calif., thrift owned by Arizona developer Charles Keating. Federal auditors were investigating Keating's banking practices, and Keating, fearful that the government would seize his S&L, sought intervention from John mccain.
Regulators did not seize Lincoln Savings and Loan until two years later. The Lincoln bailout cost taxpayers $2.6 billion, making it the biggest of the S&L scandals. In addition, 17,000 Lincoln investors lost $190 million.
In November 1990, the Senate Ethics Committee launched an investigation into the meetings between the senators and the regulators. McCain, Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn, and Riegle became known as the Keating Five.
(Keating himself was convicted in January 1993 of 73 counts of wire and bankruptcy fraud and served more than four years in prison before his conviction was overturned. Last year, he pleaded guilty to four counts of fraud and was sentenced to time served.)
McCain defended his attendance at the meetings by saying Keating was a constituent and that Keating's development company, American Continental Corporation, was a major Arizona employer. McCain said he wanted to know only whether Keating was being treated fairly and that he had not tried to influence the regulators. At the second meeting, McCain told the regulators, "I wouldn't want any special favors for them," and "I don't want any part of our conversation to be improper."
But Keating was more than a constituent to McCain--he was a longtime friend and associate. McCain met Keating in 1981 at a Navy League dinner in Arizona where McCain was the speaker. Keating was a former naval aviator himself, and the two men became friends. Keating raised money for McCain's two congressional campaigns in 1982 and 1984, and for McCain's 1986 Senate bid. By 1987, McCain campaigns had received $112,000 from Keating, his relatives, and his employees--the most received by any of the Keating Five. (Keating raised a total of $300,000 for the five senators.)
After McCain's election to the House in 1982, he and his family made at least nine trips at Keating's expense, three of which were to Keating's Bahamas retreat. McCain did not disclose the trips (as he was required to under House rules) until the scandal broke in 1989. At that point, he paid Keating $13,433 for the flights.
And in April 1986, one year before the meeting with the regulators, McCain's wife, Cindy, and her father invested $359,100 in a Keating strip mall.
The Senate Ethics Committee probe of the Keating Five began in November 1990, and committee Special Counsel Robert Bennett recommended that McCain and Glenn be dropped from the investigation. They were not. McCain believes Democrats on the committee blocked Bennett's recommendation because he was the lone Keating Five Republican.
In February 1991, the Senate Ethics Committee found McCain and Glenn to be the least blameworthy of the five senators. (McCain and Glenn attended the meetings but did nothing else to influence the regulators.) McCain was guilty of nothing more than "poor judgment," the committee said, and declared his actions were not "improper nor attended with gross negligence." McCain considered the committee's judgment to be "full exoneration," and he contributed $112,000 (the amount raised for him by Keating) to the U.S. Treasury.

j2k4
11-04-2008, 01:36 AM

If you think about voting for Mccain, remember that he is an expert on bank fraud.
In early 1987, at the beginning of his first Senate term, McCain attended two meetings with federal banking regulators to discuss an investigation into Lincoln Savings and Loan, an Irvine, Calif., thrift owned by Arizona developer Charles Keating. Federal auditors were investigating Keating's banking practices, and Keating, fearful that the government would seize his S&L, sought intervention from John mccain.
Regulators did not seize Lincoln Savings and Loan until two years later. The Lincoln bailout cost taxpayers $2.6 billion, making it the biggest of the S&L scandals. In addition, 17,000 Lincoln investors lost $190 million.
In November 1990, the Senate Ethics Committee launched an investigation into the meetings between the senators and the regulators. McCain, Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn, and Riegle became known as the Keating Five.
(Keating himself was convicted in January 1993 of 73 counts of wire and bankruptcy fraud and served more than four years in prison before his conviction was overturned. Last year, he pleaded guilty to four counts of fraud and was sentenced to time served.)
McCain defended his attendance at the meetings by saying Keating was a constituent and that Keating's development company, American Continental Corporation, was a major Arizona employer. McCain said he wanted to know only whether Keating was being treated fairly and that he had not tried to influence the regulators. At the second meeting, McCain told the regulators, "I wouldn't want any special favors for them," and "I don't want any part of our conversation to be improper."
But Keating was more than a constituent to McCain--he was a longtime friend and associate. McCain met Keating in 1981 at a Navy League dinner in Arizona where McCain was the speaker. Keating was a former naval aviator himself, and the two men became friends. Keating raised money for McCain's two congressional campaigns in 1982 and 1984, and for McCain's 1986 Senate bid. By 1987, McCain campaigns had received $112,000 from Keating, his relatives, and his employees--the most received by any of the Keating Five. (Keating raised a total of $300,000 for the five senators.)
After McCain's election to the House in 1982, he and his family made at least nine trips at Keating's expense, three of which were to Keating's Bahamas retreat. McCain did not disclose the trips (as he was required to under House rules) until the scandal broke in 1989. At that point, he paid Keating $13,433 for the flights.
And in April 1986, one year before the meeting with the regulators, McCain's wife, Cindy, and her father invested $359,100 in a Keating strip mall.
The Senate Ethics Committee probe of the Keating Five began in November 1990, and committee Special Counsel Robert Bennett recommended that McCain and Glenn be dropped from the investigation. They were not. McCain believes Democrats on the committee blocked Bennett's recommendation because he was the lone Keating Five Republican.
In February 1991, the Senate Ethics Committee found McCain and Glenn to be the least blameworthy of the five senators. (McCain and Glenn attended the meetings but did nothing else to influence the regulators.) McCain was guilty of nothing more than "poor judgment," the committee said, and declared his actions were not "improper nor attended with gross negligence." McCain considered the committee's judgment to be "full exoneration," and he contributed $112,000 (the amount raised for him by Keating) to the U.S. Treasury.

I think that, using your standards, Obama clearly qualifies as a terrorist. :whistling

j2k4
11-04-2008, 01:37 AM

This is all true, except the part about unicorns.

pentomato
11-04-2008, 04:50 AM

I think that, using your standards, Obama clearly qualifies as a terrorist. :whistling

LOL LOL LOL LOL idiotic statements like yours make me laugh, thank you.

j2k4
11-04-2008, 10:41 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL idiotic statements like yours make me laugh, thank you.

That's the most LOL's I've ever seen in a row.

Do you have a hot key for that or what.

clocker
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
The figures relevant to my point are contained herein, where you can see that the contributions to Clinton and Obama are roughly 5 times the contribution to McCain.

No bitching about provenance, either - these figures are from CNNMoney.com:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/25/markets/wallstreet_election/index.htm?postversion=2008050810
What I see is that Obama got @2 times what McCain did from those sources.
Nowhere near 35 million, BTW.

Also of interest was the observation that Wall St.- traditionally a Repub leaning sector- only switched sides after 2006, so basically, they're just sucking up to the power in Congress, not undergoing some great ideological shift themselves.

At the bottom of the article it notes that oil and tobacco still favors the Republican party..."Drill, Baby, Drill"* and "Puff, Baby, Puff".

*Certainly one of the most moronic rallying points ever.
Americans in general have absolutely no clue about energy policy and were particularly ill-served by McCain this election cycle.
McCain's belittling of the suggestion to properly inflate tires- which would cost nothing and have an immediate effect- in favor of drilling for oil- which would take decades to implement and have very little overall impact on our oil imports, just shows how incredibly short-sighted he really is.

pentomato
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Mccain should go to a nursing home already or one of his seven houses that he forgot he had lol.
By the way, mccain doesn't want regulations for wall st, he just wants to give the money away, isn't that socialism?
This is the same guy that made up a Joe the plumber story, he is so lame, so out of touch with reality, gosh he is old.
Joe the plumber is not even a real plumber, only makes 40 k a year, insanity runs rampant in mccains life.

j2k4
11-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Mccain should go to a nursing home already or one of his seven houses that he forgot he had lol.
By the way, mccain doesn't want regulations for wall st, he just wants to give the money away, isn't that socialism?
This is the same guy that made up a Joe the plumber story, he is so lame, so out of touch with reality, gosh he is old.
Joe the plumber is not even a real plumber, only makes 40 k a year, insanity runs rampant in mccains life.

I am informed there is a consistent bipartisan reaction to your postage; polls reveal that upwards of 90% of conservatives think you are wrong, and no longer wish to hear from you, while 90% of liberals agree with you wholeheartedly but hope you won't rub off on them.

Interesting, huh? :mellow:

pentomato
11-05-2008, 11:32 PM

I am informed there is a consistent bipartisan reaction to your postage; polls reveal that upwards of 90% of conservatives think you are wrong, and no longer wish to hear from you, while 90% of liberals agree with you wholeheartedly but hope you won't rub off on them.

Interesting, huh? :mellow:
of course conservatives do not agree with me, but they are loosers anyway, you see after all american people are not stupid and they do agree with me, lol lol lol.

j2k4
11-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Now that's just wrong.

I am positive no other person on this Earth agrees with you, which is not quite the same thing as sharing your opinion. :dabs:

pentomato
11-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Now that's just wrong.

I am positive no other person on this Earth agrees with you, which is not quite the same thing as sharing your opinion. :dabs:
Are you crying yet? lol lol lol Don't you wish republicans would steal the election again, you woulnd't be so devastated? lol lol