PDA

View Full Version : Getting kicked off Windows 7 RC!

Tv Controls you
02-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Well my time is up guys, 11 days left until it starts rebooting my computer every 2 hours lol.
I seem to be the only lone soul still running on the windows 7 release candidate. Which in all reality is around 20x more stable than vista lol.

To get to the point:

I need to get the best 64 bit windows 7 release out to date.
If someone could recommend a release name or release team or anything that would help me obtain a genuine copy of windows 7 64x bit that would be great.
Because I hate playing the format and install a different version of windows game all day lol.

*on a side note I didn't know if I should put this in filesharing or software lol....

Rart
02-20-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm not a huge user of pirated windows so my knowledge is few and far between, but I'm still on RC1 as well, right there with ya :D.

I've been far too lazy to reformat my drive right now but I have a legit copy lying around. I'll probably end up waiting until the last day...

1000possibleclaws
02-20-2010, 04:10 AM
Microsoft.Windows.7.ULTIMATE.x64.Integrated.December.2009.OEM.DVD-BIE

I used this, and have had no problems. It works with the mandatory security updates, and Microsoft Security Essentials even detects it as legit, which is unexpected and nice.

Cabalo
02-20-2010, 04:50 AM
+1 to what TSOL said.
But keep in mind that MS plans to soon release an update to detect those fake activations.
There's an article about that on the news section here. Might want to take a look.

Tv Controls you
02-20-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm not a huge user of pirated windows so my knowledge is few and far between, but I'm still on RC1 as well, right there with ya :D.

I've been far too lazy to reformat my drive right now but I have a legit copy lying around. I'll probably end up waiting until the last day...

Lol glad to see I'm not the only one completely satisfied with the RC.
I would have never upgraded if they didn't force me, I haven't had one issue to date with it.

But I will try the release cabalo and truesounds speak of...
*edit* I took a look and everyone is complaining about it not passing validation, and that at any moment microsoft could update it and make it not work.

8hobo8
02-20-2010, 06:10 AM
here is an easy way of doing things on your own with original ms isos

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository

Skiz
02-20-2010, 06:14 AM
The one TSOL recommended is probably fine. I've been using this version:

Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 OEM DVD-BIE

...so the BIE releases seem to be reliable. Let us know what you go with.

Tv Controls you
02-20-2010, 06:24 AM
The one TSOL recommended is probably fine. I've been using this version:

Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 OEM DVD-BIE

...so the BIE releases seem to be reliable. Let us know what you go with.

I have downloaded the December release as True recommended it, and I'll take his word lol.

I'll be sure to post my results within the next week, depending on when I get around to backing up and then formatting

1000possibleclaws
02-20-2010, 08:54 AM
+1 to what TSOL said.
But keep in mind that MS plans to soon release an update to detect those fake activations.
There's an article about that on the news section here. Might want to take a look.

I read about that on an FST news post. The way it was written implied that there wouldn't really be any consequences but it would force you to keep up with the security updates to help the security of pc's in general, or something like that, right? I don't know, I skimmed the article over real fast, but I didn't take any urgency out of that news..

Skiz
02-20-2010, 05:35 PM
+1 to what TSOL said.

I read about that on an FST news post. The way it was written implied that there wouldn't really be any consequences but it would force you to keep up with the security updates to help the security of pc's in general, or something like that, right? I don't know, I skimmed the article over real fast, but I didn't take any urgency out of that news..

All you need to do is skip the updates and you'll be fine.

If you choose to roll the dice and still do the updates, your computer will basically go into the restricted use and constant reboots that the beta versions are also fixing to do.

Tv Controls you
02-20-2010, 07:28 PM

If you choose to roll the dice and still do the updates, your computer will basically go into the restricted use and constant reboots that the beta versions are also fixing to do.

You would think that it would be easy to locate the 2 hour reboot code and change it.

Skiz
02-20-2010, 07:42 PM

You would think that it would be easy to locate the 2 hour reboot code and change it.

The cracked beta versions did; that's what the cracks did. It's the original betas that are going to become limited versions.

The full versions that are cracked are going to do the same thing if you download the Windows update.

Tv Controls you
02-20-2010, 10:57 PM
The cracked beta versions did; that's what the cracks did. It's the original betas that are going to become limited versions.

The full versions that are cracked are going to do the same thing if you download the Windows update.

yea I'm saying you would think that a hacking team could easily prevent the 2 hour reboots.

Also is the windows update already released for the detection of cracked versions?

Skiz
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM

yea I'm saying you would think that a hacking team could easily prevent the 2 hour reboots.

:frusty:

I guess you're not understanding what I'm saying.

The release groups can circumvent the two hour reboots, etc. and they already have with the cracked beta versions. They will also continue to release versions of the final release as fully cracked. However, if a user decides to download a Windows update that re-writes that code or writes new code to your OS which "fixes" the crack, there isn't much the release groups can do. That would be the users fault. Users of a cracked OS should know not to download updates.

Also is the windows update already released for the detection of cracked versions?

Yes.

“The Update is designed to run on all editions of Windows 7, although we will distribute first to the Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. It will be available online at www.microsoft.com/genuine beginning February 16 and on the Microsoft Download Center beginning February 17. Later this month, the update will also be offered through Windows Update as an ‘Important’ update,” Williams stated.

brilman
02-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Never really liked the whole "windows update" thing as most updates tend to plug 1 hole and open 10 more lol.

plus it seems that there's a new update every few hours for this or that..

I check every now and then just to see whats new.

Tv Controls you
02-21-2010, 05:33 AM
I guess you're not understanding what I'm saying.

The release groups can circumvent the two hour reboots, etc. and they already have with the cracked beta versions. They will also continue to release versions of the final release as fully cracked. However, if a user decides to download a Windows update that re-writes that code or writes new code to your OS which "fixes" the crack, there isn't much the release groups can do. That would be the users fault. Users of a cracked OS should know not to download updates.

Sorry skiz I just misunderstood your post lol :frusty:

I overlooked the idea that they would correct the anti-reboot code in the update :slap:. such a simple fix to the hack, but then again couldn't we reapply it after updating?

I guess I can't get updates past feb 17ths or they will shut me down lol...
This whole ordeal might make me end up back on my legit copy of 64x vista :O , naaa I rather reboot every 2 hours lol.

peat moss
02-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm kinda looking forward to the phone calls from friends and family that were stoopid enough to D/L the KB971033 update , NOT .:lol:

Maybe time to change my phone number me thinks . We went thru this with Vista when it first came out , no big deal . Just install a cracked version , or run the new Windows Activator . I'm curious about the Win 7 Ultimate disk , with out WAT that I have burning a hole in my desk draw .

I'v all so yet to try the pre-activated slip-streamed versions floating around , as I'm still on the BIE and not too worried ....

Bye the way I don't even have a Genuine screen or icon in my control panel , must be the BIE OEM version I'm running or the WAT remover crack I tried but thought I replaced . Its tuff when you get old and fart around with all the software that I try .

tesco
02-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Well my time is up guys, 11 days left until it starts rebooting my computer every 2 hours lol.
I seem to be the only lone soul still running on the windows 7 release candidate. Which in all reality is around 20x more stable than vista lol.

I was running it as well up until last weekend.
It was running flawlessly as well and I also would have left it if not for this rebooting thing coming up.
I downloaded "Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 Integrated February 2010 OEM DVD-BIE (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-software-miscellaneous-nzbs-107/t-microsoft-windows-7-ultimate-x64-integrated-february-2010-oem-dvd-bie-392304)" and installed it without any problems.

abosamer
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
I use December 64x -bie as kiz version , and about the news that MS declared about , it's not mainly for cracked releases , but it might be one of the reasons , but the main reason ; I think , is because of the MSDN keys that look 100 % valid , and u can activate ur windows by connecting to microsoft and it will send back that ur license is 100 % original

I use one so far , which I got for free ( black market price is liek 5 $ ) and it works fine for like 3 months now .

but things still not clear what that security update exactly for .

SonsOfLiberty
02-21-2010, 07:19 PM
+1 to what TSOL said.

Also, it's is a OPTIONAL update, so just turn of auto-update-install, just do "check for updates" and choose not that update, I'm sure it will be bundled in RC1 anyway, they can't blacklist every OEM key! People would be pissed....as of now the DAZ loaders still works, but if you want to know about Windows 7 and getting around anything, check over at MDL(mydigitallife), go the forums and then Windows 7 forum :)

Skiz
02-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm a bit surprised at how many people do updates. :O

I've always been too scared to and am always afraid of something messing up my install. :ph34r:

Tv Controls you
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM

I've always been too scared to and am always afraid of something messing up my install. :ph34r:

The updates usually patch security exploits, so I always update.

Although once I install this windows 7 December OEM edition I think I may turn all updates off as it seems it will only cause trouble...
Sons have you confirmed that you can download updates past the KB971033 update and it not affect your your crack?

Cabalo
02-21-2010, 07:51 PM
I can confirm that. It works past that update.
I've installed the version pointed out and then additionally used removeWAT. Did this on 3 different installations and all are working like a charm.

Tv Controls you
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I've installed the version pointed out and then additionally used removeWAT. Did this on 3 different installations and all are working like a charm.

Is removeWAT necessary or did you just go crazy with patches lol :wacko:

I'm most likely going to install the December BIE release, put auto updates on off, and then update manually everything except KB971033.
Then any new updates I'll wait till they are confirmed safe.

SonsOfLiberty
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM

Is removeWAT necessary or did you just go crazy with patches lol :wacko:

I'm most likely going to install the December BIE release, put auto updates on off, and then update manually everything except KB971033.
Then any new updates I'll wait till they are confirmed safe.

removeWAT just removes the activation stuff....has nothing to do with patches...

Skiz, I've been using auto updates since "launch day" with a loader and NEVER have become un activated, well I did with the "first 7 loader by what's his face, same guy that makes WAT" and was using Ultimate...

I used installed Pro launch day and used some loader, then moved to the DAZ one like a few weeks later and have every update installed :) Use the Windows Backup if you must, or just create a "hot image" and just use the image to make everyback as you had it :)

Intergrated are pointless in my opinion unless you do a lot of "fresh installs" but with today internet speed you could re-download the upates pretty quick, or just store them locally....or use V Lite and 7Slimmer (in NZB index)and intergrate and remove what you don't want/need :)

Tv Controls you
02-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Just successfully formatted then loaded windows 7 oem December edition.

I turned automatic updates off, I might just leave them off and not screw with it.
just load some kaspersky on it and I should be fine I think.

vahnx
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Just letting you know, I have had the RTM since June/July timeframe and I guess one of the cracks I did makes the OS think I have the RC, as it's rebooting every 2 hours now =S

I'm gonna do a fresh format with the recommended download and hopefully no additional cracking is needed, and it won't think it's the RC.

PS Stay away from strange optional updates! Also, the forums aren't viewable in Chrome.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2360/aaaatq.png

Sanka113
03-02-2010, 08:56 AM
If you got the patience to stay on top of all the cracks and stuff more power to you. Paying $50-60 one time to keep Windows 7 (and my pc) happy without having to compromise safety/performance is worth it.

vahnx
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I wish it was $50-60 here in Canada =S

huuramis
03-04-2010, 07:50 AM
rebooting every 2 hours now =S

Yeah same. Its a pita because I have way to much stuff to backup :(

Skiz
03-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Also, the forums aren't viewable in Chrome.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2360/aaaatq.png

That must be a problem on your end; it looks fine here.

clocker
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Also, the forums aren't viewable in Chrome.

Yes, they are.

SonsOfLiberty
03-04-2010, 07:33 PM
For anyone saying that there crack is bad/rebooting your PC, 1, you've got the bad bad update, 2, your not using Daz's loader.

First page has the download.

You want the loader installed to activate.
There is an update KB971033 you want to right click and hide. Don't install it. I installed all other updates.
You might have to use updated loader in the future. Daz loader 1.7.7 has been holding strong for like 4 months or something.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/8632-Program-based-Windows-7-loader

It's also in the NZB index.

Start here if you need help with updates/fixing/cracking/etc/etc/etc/////

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forums/16-Windows-7

Edit, board is fine in Chrome.

huuramis
03-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Looks like im going to have to download the rtm as Daz Loader doesnt work with the RC.

killour
03-05-2010, 05:51 AM
it`s so easy to get a patched version in this torrent world...don`t panic ppl :D

Frankthetank1
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Anyone try the nvidia version of win7 on ipt?

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Looks like im going to have to download the rtm as Daz Loader doesnt work with the RC.

NO ONE should be using RC, it's full of buckshot holes......

There are many versions available, but if you want to be safe, get the MSDN untouched ISO and just install do all the updates and then patch....of course bypassing the bad update, like I've stated before it will be bundles with RC1.

If you don't want to feck with updates, just get the BIE release, install and use DAZ's loader :)

I would not fuck with any of the other 1,000's of different versions out there...there is' a cool Eternity or something like that I added the the NZB Index which is pretty cool..just modded.

Tv Controls you
03-06-2010, 01:39 AM
I ran on the RC since last summer and I can't tell the difference between that and the BIE release.
I would still be using it if they didn't threaten to reboot me every 2 hours.....

The RC is(or should I say was) 10x more stable than windows vista.

huuramis
03-06-2010, 06:40 AM
I found "7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD" does anyone know if thats an untouched one?