PDA

View Full Version : Lmao Eagles Have A Greatest Hits?

Adster
10-20-2003, 08:13 AM
damm they do this every damm year

except this one they call it Eagles complete greatest hits :lol:

just change the track order for god old marketing for christmas

MusicChick
10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Maybe they need more money. :lol:

Ella
10-20-2003, 11:56 AM
The Dude: Jesus, man, could you change the channel?
Cab Driver: Fuck you man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!
The Dude: I had a rough...
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out!
The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!

Explorator
10-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Ella@20 October 2003 - 11:56
Cab Driver: Fuck you man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out!
The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!
Your post is Disgusting :angry: it shoud be moved <_<

Adster
10-20-2003, 12:14 PM
I happen to like the eagles :angry:

:P :P :P

Ella
10-20-2003, 12:15 PM
And what&#39;s disgusting about it? It&#39;s only a quote from &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39;.

You really should get out more, you know.

Explorator
10-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ella@20 October 2003 - 12:15
And what&#39;s disgusting about it? It&#39;s only a quote from &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39;.

You really should get out more, you know.
Are you quoting the quote in a film :lol:

The Eagles are cool, But your quote suck&#39;s.

Glad i have not been out where your been :lol:

I shall have the greatest hit&#39;s on my list :)

Ella
10-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Sweets, it&#39;s called a difference in opinion. You like The Eagles, I think they suck big hairy horses asses. I&#39;ll be spending my money on quality this Christmas whereas you&#39;ll be buying has-been crap.

Each to their own... :rolleyes:

clocker
10-20-2003, 12:29 PM
It&#39;s an interesting marketing technique is it not?

Don&#39;t release new music, simply repackage your old music ad nauseum.

Then you can go on tour to support your "new" release and charge &#036;200 for a ticket.

Keeps Joe Walsh in Maseratis, doesn&#39;t it?

Explorator
10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ella@20 October 2003 - 12:27
Sweets, it&#39;s called a difference in opinion. You like The Eagles, I think they suck big hairy horses asses. I&#39;ll be spending my money on quality this Christmas whereas you&#39;ll be buying has-been crap.

Each to their own... :rolleyes:
But if there is no christmas, then what?
I will be buying it, but with my money.
Then if there is no Christmas then it won&#39;t be a waste.

I can recomend it, it&#39;s a good buy, and the family will love it dear.

Adster
10-20-2003, 12:37 PM
damm you buy CDS???

i havnt bought a CD in 2 years didn tknwo ppl still Buy CDs :D

Ella
10-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Explorator@20 October 2003 - 22:33

The only thing I can gather from your post is that you are of Jewish origin.

Clocker - agreed. At least the Stones come up with new product.

clocker
10-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ella@20 October 2003 - 05:37

Clocker - agreed. At least the Stones come up with new product.
Yes. but it is crap.

They haven&#39;t had a decent album since Get Your Ya- Yas Out&#33;.

Explorator
10-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ella+20 October 2003 - 12:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ella @ 20 October 2003 - 12:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Explorator@20 October 2003 - 22:33

Clocker - agreed. At least the Stones come up with new product. [/b][/quote]
I love the eagles, i think the are super.
You are correct i am jewish, i am sorry that you don&#39;t like jewish people.
This thred was about the Eagles, but your post are spam, and insulting to the Jewish members of the board.
this is my first day on this board and i am hurt :(

Ella
10-20-2003, 12:49 PM
How is my post insulting to Jewish people? I assumed that of you because you commented on a lack of Christmas. So how exactly is:

....an insult to Jewish people?

And The Eagles are way too boring to sustain a whole thread....I only changed the topic to stop the thread from dying. And it worked.

Adster
10-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Eagles boring???

that were actully amazin gmusicans listen to hotel califorina based on a true story about devil workshipers amazing 7 guitars in it

oh and come on guys settle down

MagicNakor
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
You know, there are other religions that don&#39;t celebrate Christmas too. ;) So assuming someone&#39;s religion on that one statement is, at best, a lucky guess.

About Hotel California, I don&#39;t know where you got that information from Ad, but that&#39;s erroneous. Think about it in a more metaphorical sense. It&#39;s an allegory. I could tell you what it means, but I won&#39;t. ;) At least not yet.

:ninja:

Celerystalksme
10-20-2003, 01:18 PM
i&#39;ve got one eagles - greatest hits albums and thats enough for me...

Adster
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
About Hotel California, I don&#39;t know where you got that information from Ad, but that&#39;s erroneous. Think about it in a more metaphorical sense. It&#39;s an allegory. I could tell you what it means, but I won&#39;t.&nbsp; At least not yet.

I swa it on a inteview with Don Henly

Octopussy
10-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Explorator+20 October 2003 - 12:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Explorator @ 20 October 2003 - 12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ella@20 October 2003 - 11:56
Cab Driver: Fuck you man. If you don&#39;t like my fuckin&#39; music get your own fuckin&#39; cab&#33;
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out&#33;
The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin&#39; Eagles, man&#33;
Your post is Disgusting :angry: it shoud be moved <_< [/b][/quote]
doesnt make sence

Ella
10-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Which part doesn&#39;t make sense...the quote or the suggestion it should be moved?

And for me, the Eagles thing comes from hearing them over and over and over on the radio as I was growing up (I&#39;m a little bit older than you dudes). Sure I know every word to Hotel California but I would be more than happy to see my days out without ever hearing another Eagles song again.

Explorator
10-20-2003, 09:34 PM
I love the eagles, But your comments are so bad and vulger, and your comments about jewish people are so bad, my family have suffered enouth.
Please try to be nice to people, i don&#39;t think you understand what you are doing.

Ella
10-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Explorator@21 October 2003 - 07:34
I love the eagles, But your comments are so bad and vulger, and your comments about jewish people are so bad, my family have suffered enouth.
Please try to be nice to people, i don&#39;t think you understand what you are doing.
Now, I&#39;m not really one to labour a point...but can you please tell me, as previously requested, what is so offensive about the one comment I made...

This was an observation, based on your comment. I assumed you don&#39;t observe Christmas, as there are other faiths who don&#39;t celebrate Christmas either. I won&#39;t be called racist (namely because I&#39;m not one) by someone who can&#39;t substantiate their accusations.

Spider_dude
10-20-2003, 10:28 PM
everyone stfu, i have the eagles greatest hits.

Explorator
10-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Wow are we in musicworld, this looks like the battle zone.

why don&#39;t you go play somewhere.

I just said i like the eagles, your post was all bad language, then you said about jewish people, i did not ask for you tastes in your beliefs.
The problem is i am new on this forum, i was shocked when i saw your language as my child is a member.
I love christmas, and it&#39;s family time of giving, i wanted this cd as it&#39;s a collecters edition with a limited edition dvd.

You have taken it all out of context, and it shows what type of person you are and what type of person my son is mixing with, all over a cd.
You should be ashamed. :(

MagicNakor
10-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Adster@20 October 2003 - 14:36

About Hotel California, I don&#39;t know where you got that information from Ad, but that&#39;s erroneous. Think about it in a more metaphorical sense. It&#39;s an allegory. I could tell you what it means, but I won&#39;t. At least not yet.

I swa it on a inteview with Don Henly
You must&#39;ve caught the tail-end of it, or something. He did talk about some of the strange things that people thought Hotel California was about, the satanic church/cult being one of them. Others (popular at the time) were that it&#39;s about a mental institution, or an actual hotel down in Mexico. Or cancer. Or drug addiction. ;)

Afterwards he said what it was truly about. It&#39;s about the rampant hedonism and vice in (particularly) southern California. The loss of innocence. The whole album runs on this theme.

:ninja:

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Explorator@21 October 2003 - 07:31

I just said i like the eagles, your post was all bad language, then you said about jewish people, i did not ask for you tastes in your beliefs.
The problem is i am new on this forum, i was shocked when i saw your language as my child is a member.
I love christmas, and it&#39;s family time of giving, i wanted this cd as it&#39;s a collecters edition with a limited edition dvd.

You have taken it all out of context, and it shows what type of person you are and what type of person my son is mixing with, all over a cd.
You should be ashamed. :(
SHUT THE FUCK UP

how dare you make assumptions about a person like that...

you are the shit stirrer in this thread and are the wrost part about it...

oh and im most probally who your son is mixing with...so id be very very watchful if i was you...

Don&#39;t worry i&#39;ll talk good care of him...i just hope to god he is nothing like you...

Laters
Cely

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@21 October 2003 - 07:28
everyone stfu, i have the eagles greatest hits.
STFU...i don&#39;t care :lol:

muchspl2
10-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Explorator@20 October 2003 - 23:31

if you can&#39;t stand the heat of the klite forum get the hell out or grow more skin, I mean come on, you took offense to a quote from a movie and then you make assumptions about someone
you know what the say when people make ASSumptions
BTW: I grow up on the eagles and saw them twice, put on a great show

Adster
10-21-2003, 01:29 AM
You must&#39;ve caught the tail-end of it, or something. He did talk about some of the strange things that people thought Hotel California was about, the satanic church/cult being one of them. Others (popular at the time) were that it&#39;s about a mental institution, or an actual hotel down in Mexico. Or cancer. Or drug addiction.

Afterwards he said what it was truly about. It&#39;s about the rampant hedonism and vice in (particularly) southern California. The loss of innocence. The whole album runs on this theme.

ok thanks for that it makes more sense now :)

Ella
10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Oh....I still hate the Eagles.

STFU all.....http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/plz2stfufeeltehlovethx.gif

ahctlucabbuS
10-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Hm I thought they had one greatest hit.. :rolleyes:

Adster
10-22-2003, 03:59 AM
Hm I thought they had one greatest hit..

haev a look at allmusic.com

Rip The Jacker
10-22-2003, 07:03 AM
I really like the song "Hotel California" by Eagles.

dumdum
10-22-2003, 09:19 AM
The Eagles Greatest Hits - Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, released on Elektra/Asylum Records, have sold 28M and 11M units respectively. Didn&#39;t the band have to resort to litigation because they were being cheated out of their fair share of the profits due to creative accounting techniques? ;)

this set is on a different label, so maybe they&#39;re trying to recoup some &#036;&#036;&#036; and regain some control over their own product.

whether you like The Eagles music or not, Don Henley certainly is a major thorn in the side of the record companies and the RIAA. :D

[henley rant] c. 2002

"....Having thus come to my senses, I, too, would then be able to sign fledgling artists to unconscionable, long-term contracts with all those juicy deduction clauses like the one for breakage that dates back to 1928, when the records were made of shellac and would shatter if dropped. Tried to break a CD lately? Why, you couldn’t break one if you wedged it horizontally between Zach Horowitz’s butt cheeks and told him that all his master copyrights were about to revert to the true owners, the artists. But never mind that now. Then I could stick those stupid artists with at least 50% of the independent-promotion costs, even though they had nothing to do with allowing that practice to become institutionalized. For an encore, I could whack ’em again with "free goods," packaging deductions, video costs, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

"Sit your temperamental, flaky, naive ass down here, artist. Disgruntled about your deal after your third album sold 5 million copies? Sure, we’ll renegotiate with you. We’ll just give you what basically amounts to your own money, which we’ve been holding in the pipeline and collecting interest on, but we’re also gonna start the clock all over again and tack on three more albums at the end so that you’re essentially starting all over again. It’s a beautiful thing. You’re gonna love it here—for the rest of your career, which actually could be over in five minutes, but hey, that’s not our problem (we own your master copyrights, you boob). So you can just sell the house in the hills and go back to that crappy little town you came from, and the world ‘will not long remember what we did here, etc…’ We’ll just write off any losses we may have incurred (although we really haven’t incurred any). It’s just the cost of doing business. Then we’ll proceed to the next gullible sap with a dream. You came from diddlysquat, and you’ll get used to diddlysquat again.

"Meanwhile, here at media-mogul headquarters, we’ve got to lock up the house in Santa Barbara, as well as the one in the Hamptons (plus the vacation pad in Acapulco) and rush off to get the corporate jet serviced. It’s in dire need of a tune-up after all those trips to France, and the new one won’t be delivered until we find the next Flavor-of-the-Month and bring in some serious profits (or prophets—we could really use either). After all, we’ve got to fund our mass-production assembly line somehow. You know—all the crap we sign just because some 21-year-old A&R man tells us it’s brilliant. You can’t expect us to sacrifice our bottom line just for the sake of culture. We don’t give a shit about culture. That kind of starry-eyed idealism doesn’t fit in with our plan for world domination, much less the plans of our board of directors and our major stockholders. We’ve got quarterly reports to file, and we’ve got a 90%-plus failure rate that screams out, ‘We don’t know what the fuck we’re doing.’’

BobTheGoldFish
10-22-2003, 11:15 AM
The only song I ever come to the surface to listen to is Hotel California and thats only if theres some decent smoke coming from the bong that gets put next too me, the rest of there stuff I dive deep and hide in my dodgy looking plastic ship wreck.

Bob The Grunge GoldFish

Ella
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Actually, The Gypsy Kings do a half-way decent cover of &#39;Hotel California&#39;.

LTJBukem
10-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Crikey, what a bizzarre thread, i must come remember to come into musicworld
more often.

Just wanted to add that i thought the reference to &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39; was quite funny, and that i was surprised that no-one else did. I really love that film.

To Ella- That guy&#39;s just winding you up, take no notice. I think celery scared him off anyway.

On topic- I like The Eagles but &#39;Hotel California&#39; really grates now when i hear it. All the Best of.... Greatest Hits.... etc albums, aren&#39;t the fault of the artists. It&#39;s the label fat cats who are behind the aggressive marketing strategies.

Adster
10-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Actually, The Gypsy Kings do a half-way decent cover of &#39;Hotel California&#39;.

what becasue they didn&#39;t wrtie it :P

sparsely
10-23-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Some guy before Ad
Just wanted to add that i thought the reference to &#39;The Big Lebowski&#39; was quite funny, and that i was surprised that no-one else did. I really love that film

That the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title, as that part of the movie made me laugh really hard.

dumdum
10-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Lebowski fans go here (http://www.lebowskifest.com/forum/default.asp) :D

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@23 October 2003 - 10:39
I think celery scared him off anyway.

*my bad* :)

LTJBukem
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@ 23 October 2003 - 11:35
*my bad*&nbsp; :) Yeah man. You are the musicworld thug. ;)

By the way, dumdum.... While i hate corporate greed as much as the next man; is it not in very bad taste to compare Adolf Hitler to Bill Gates? I think so.

Sure, your avatar is meant to be funny, but there are some things that you just shouldn&#39;t joke about, for danger of trivialisation. Let us not forget that Adolf Hitler was responsible for the murder of an estimated twenty one innocent million men, women and children, not including war casualties.

I&#39;m not having a go at you dumdum, i&#39;m sure you mean no harm. Thanks for the link to the Lebowski site, i&#39;ll be sure to check it out. :)

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem+23 October 2003 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 23 October 2003 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@ 23 October 2003 - 11:35
*my bad* :) Yeah man. You are the musicworld thug. ;) [/b][/quote]
Treat em mean...Keep em keen *just like a women* (whoops did i say that...*my bad again*)

LTJBukem
10-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@ 23 October 2003 - 12:33
*just like a women*

:o I always thought you were a guy; i suppose your nick is genderless. But you&#39;re right and i admire your honesty, you girls can be so bitchy. :lol: ;)

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem+23 October 2003 - 21:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 23 October 2003 - 21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@ 23 October 2003 - 12:33
*just like a women*

:o I always thought you were a guy; i suppose your nick is genderless. But you&#39;re right and i admire your honesty, you girls can be so bitchy. :lol: ;) [/b][/quote]
:o :huh: :huh: :huh:

i thought i was male...maybe im not...i dunno...

Ella
10-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Ahh...good to see some Lebowski fans in here finally....the rest of you (&#39;cept for Cely unless he really want to) can kiss my smooth, silky butt... :D

Busyman
10-23-2003, 09:46 PM
The Eagles Greatest Hits is going to outsell Michael Jackson&#39;s Thriller and will be the top selling album in history. Ironically it was on sale before Thriller came out.

CrumbCat
10-23-2003, 09:53 PM
*CrumbCat wonders why he waited so long to take a look at this topic - as he is Lauging His Ass Off.

As far as my opinion of The Eagles, Jews or The Big Lebowski - I&#39;m pleading the Fifth.

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

LTJBukem
10-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat+23 October 2003 - 21:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat &#064; 23 October 2003 - 21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>*CrumbCat wonders why he waited so long to take a look at this topic - as he is Lauging His Ass Off.

As far as my opinion of The Eagles, Jews or The Big Lebowski - I&#39;m pleading the Fifth.[/b]
Too right. :lol: This thread is truly bizzarre. By the way, for what it&#39;s worth, i think your old sig suits your personna far better.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ella@ 23 October 2003 - 21:32
Ahh...good to see some Lebowski fans in here finally....the rest of you (&#39;cept for Cely unless he really want to) can kiss my smooth, silky butt...&nbsp; [/quote] Hey how did that happen? Pah, the story of my life.... I can&#39;t do anything bloddy right. :( :lol:

Celerystalksme
10-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ella@24 October 2003 - 06:32
Ahh...good to see some Lebowski fans in here finally....the rest of you (&#39;cept for Cely unless he really want to) can kiss my smooth, silky butt... :D
Damn now you made me think so early in the morning...

i might have to get back to you on this one :D

Adster
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
why I why did I start this thread :rolleyes:

Ella
10-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@24 October 2003 - 10:08

i might have to get back to you on this one :D
You better hurry up your thinking there, Cely...I&#39;m not gonna keep bending over forever&#33; :-"

Adster
10-26-2003, 10:34 AM
ill take over if you like

UKMan
10-26-2003, 03:07 PM
I Love the Eagles but have to agree that most bands are getting very tireing re-releasing hits that have been re-released every year&#33;

I also love this forum cause of all the crap that gets posted. I was once a spammer of crap in the beginning untill FC kicked the shit out of me and said HE was the King of Spam&#33;&#33;

Whats that got to do with anything - nothing - im just writing crap like everyone else - except those who replied to the original thread with constructive thoughts of course ;)

Also, its not nice with personal insults. Give a thought to the N00Bs who maybe are not used to the language of public/private forums. Agreed that you have to be thick-skinned in here, but not everyone is aware of that&#33;

Peace
UKMan

edit:typos (probably more)

Celerystalksme
10-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ella+26 October 2003 - 18:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ella @ 26 October 2003 - 18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@24 October 2003 - 10:08

i might have to get back to you on this one&nbsp; :D
You better hurry up your thinking there, Cely...I&#39;m not gonna keep bending over forever&#33; :-" [/b][/quote]
*kisses* :">