PDA

View Full Version : The official 'Young Ben's sibling's first appearance" thread

j2k4
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm fine, just hoping this baby decides to make an appearance some time soon.

Details, beginning now and continuing through the blessed event.

Skweeky
04-26-2010, 05:09 AM
It's 6 AM and I just woke up with cramp in my calf and my thigh!

I'll be doing loads of stair walking today, maybe that'll encourage it a bit...

megabyteme
04-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Keep us posted, Skweeky. The wife and I will keep you in our thoughts.

Skweeky
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm so fed up I am considering sex :lol:

Barbarossa
04-26-2010, 08:54 AM
That's what got you into this mess in the first place :no:

megabyteme
04-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm so fed up I am considering sex :lol:

Sorry, Skweeks, the jet-lag would simply wipe me out. You got a webcam? :naughty:

Skweeky
04-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Maybe I should just stick to eating a spicy curry then, and taking a long walk...

megabyteme
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Good choice! :D

bunny67
04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
hey try the bombay bad boy by pot noodle if that dnt bring the baby on at least your bowells will be empty and you wont shit whilst pushing :)

Skweeky
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for putting that so eloquently :ermm:

bunny67
04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
yw hun :)do you know what sex the baby is or you having a surprise?

Skweeky
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
It'll be a surprise :)

We wanted to find out, but the local hospital has this ridiculous policy of not telling you :(

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Congrats for making it to 39 weeks, Skweeky! Excellent job of sticking to the plan.

Also, strange policy from the hospital. I have to assume it is to curb parents from "gender selection".

cinephilia
05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
another fst member in the making. congrats.

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Congrats for making it to 39 weeks, Skweeky! Excellent job of sticking to the plan.

Also, strange policy from the hospital. I have to assume it is to curb parents from "gender selection".

Well erm, I believe the law here is that you can abort up to 14 weeks, or 26 if something is wrong...
I had my last scan at 22 weeks and everything was fine, so I don't get why they just won't bloody tell me.
I hate the fact that I am not even allowed to know information about what is inside my body :angry:
It makes no sense.

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm sure your baby will be AMAZING whichever gender it is. :)

That does seem like a law destined to be overturned. Gotta be other women (rightfully) angry about it as well.

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
It's not even a law mate, it depends on what hospital you go to.
Since everything is government owned though, you don't really get a choice; so unfortunately the hospital I went to go my scans has this stupid policy.

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Seems like the last thing they would want is a bunch of angry pregnant women on their hands.

Here, I believe government run means unified rules. At least either on a State or Federal level.

Did they give a particular reason for the rule?

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Nope, the sonographer got a bit cross when we pressed her on it.

They actually have signs up everywhere asking you not to push the staff on the matter. It's ridiculous.

P2PDog
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
When my wife was pregnant the technician explained to us that they don't give out sex determinations due to the fact that it can sometimes take considerably longer (if the baby isn't facing the right way, e.g.) and was using up too much time and creating long waiting lists and backlogs. There were also apparently cases where the the sex was determined incorrectly, which caused obvious problems as well.

Around here we have private clinics that specialize in determining the sex of your baby... for a fee $$, of course.

Personally, I didn't want to know the sex of the baby. It was nice being surprised each time.

Good luck, and congratulations :)

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I have just sent an e-mail to their complaints department asking for an explanation.

If the policy is there, then they should give people a reason. It doesn't make sense to have it in one hospital and not in another, in essence, it's geographical discrimination. Especially considering the fact that all the hospitals are nationalised.

You can go private here as well, but it's expensive.

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Go get 'em, Skweeky! Honestly, I didn't mean to get you riled up, but they really do owe you an explanation. Obviously, they have had others upset, or they wouldn't have the signs all over.

Very curious what they have to say for themselves...

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, the whole point is, if they would provide a decent explanation for it in the first place, people probably wouldn't get annoyed about it.

The way they are handling it is like it's a big secret and you should never as about it.

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
As you said, it is in your body. You should have the right to know.

As for the extra time it takes, they could simply say, "we will try to determine the gender when the baby is in an agreeable position". Or something similar. However, I don't think that is the issue here...

Skweeky
05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't think it is either, as I said, they don't have an issue with it in other much much busier hospitals.