PDA

View Full Version : Just one BT site...

megabyteme
06-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Alright, let's say you can only have one BT site (and one runner-up, if necessary) that would meet the majority, or all of your needs. Which one would you keep? And why?

These should be sites that you have, because you really won't know until you get there, right?

#1. I'll have to say TBy since is met my needs (mostly) for 4 years before I started "looking around", it has a very active forum with solid, fun regulars who can actually hold a conversation and write a complete sentence in English. :O They also have a solid staff.

Runner-up. FSC because it has a bit of everything, great staff, speed is not outstanding, but everything is seeded, requests are filled, lots of clubs to meet diverse interests.

X-Files
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I choose : Filelist.ro
great selection for old & new stuff, speed also ok

Runner-up : HDME.eu
all i want is here, and have great freeleech

Cabalo
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I would probably go with Warez-BB. And BCG for some specific stuff quite hard to find.

Quarterquack
06-16-2010, 11:44 AM
This isn't an easy question, at all. I'd probably hold on strongly to either HDBits or Rutracker. Probably wouldn't be able to pick then, too.

backie
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
ThePirateBay, I may not use it alot or even often but if I only get to use one I want to use the one with the best rentition and most torrents. Nearly everything ends up there anyways.

Stabber
06-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Another vote for warez-bb because it has everything you need , movies , applications , ebooks and even hd releases

OlegL
06-16-2010, 12:03 PM
I would pick hdbits. As for runner-up sites, I would pick karagarga and what.cd.
Edit: To be honest, I am not sure about the meaning of the words "runner-up site". To me, it means "my second favorite" site or sites.

ca_aok
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
What.cd, easily. I'd just start PVRing TV and I could live without movie/game uploads.

Runner up: probably Waffles.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't have any needs although I could certainly use a good nights sleep but for bt I think maybe Demonoid if they don't shut it down again .After that goem for the movies obviously but also it's one of the few place I belong to that is totally lacking in attitude.
My prospective I would rather sit in an empty field ( not that goem is)with people I like than in the penthouse of Caesars Palace with those that I don't.

And although you didn't ask after that KG except every "classic" has pretty much already been uploaded and now it's just mostly a bunch of pretentious foreign wank.

A
06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
What.CD(Waffles as 2nd favourite) and x264.me.As for non BT sites,warez-bb and docuwiki(it links mvgroup's torrents though)

edit:

I'd just start PVRing TV
?

ca_aok
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder

o__O
06-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't know. Maybe HDBits. I DVR 99% of my shows, but sometimes miss a new show that I later hear about. I go to the movies for 90% of what I want to see (the other 10% are mostly movies I'd watch but my wife won't). It's nice to have a good quality source for these things, but honestly I could probably do with scene encodes if it came down to it. I don't need bt.

invite420
06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
TL,MVids

Tokeman
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
FTN (would have been sct when it was up and running) But I'd gladly put demonoid in its place if there were no infringement letters to worry about.
Runners up: BCG and HDBits

brento
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
probably KG, but it would suck to not have other great sites like cinematik, BCG, what, bithq, ptn, tl, bitmetv and demonoid

karachidude
06-16-2010, 02:54 PM
nobody mentioning GFT,what wrong with u guys..lol

GFT for me,then IPT :D

susiserken
06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Dont think i could just live with just one but 3 would be just fine i guess and those sites are norbits,torrentleech and waffles :)

anon
06-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Alright, let's say you can only have one BT site (and one runner-up, if necessary) that would meet the majority, or all of your needs. Which one would you keep? And why?

Filelist.ro, because it'd cover almost all my general downloading needs. Runner-up: What.cd or Waffles, to discover new music.

cinephilia
06-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Karagarga of course.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Karagarga of course.

Look who's back I hoped thought you'd deserted the place.

chrisbeebops
06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
What.cd, easily. I'd just start PVRing TV and I could live without movie/game uploads.
+1

GFT would be my second choice, as pretty much any new scene release I've looked for (movie, app, game) gets uploaded.

kingeater
06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
...... goem for the movies obviously but also it's one of the few place I belong to that is totally lacking in attitude.
My prospective I would rather sit in an empty field ( not that goem is)with people I like than in the penthouse of Caesars Palace with those that I don't.

This. After a long while dabbling in warez boards and private trackers, it seems to be the one site I go back to the most. Everyone is friendly, helpful, the forums are a blast, and its always nice to have some pretty home rips to boot :cool:

1000possibleclaws
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
What.cd obviously. Hardly use any other trackers anyways. Runner up would be Kray, cause it has the best uploaders. 3rd would be EZTorrents, as it seems to be the best bootleg tracker if I had to pick only one.

Tv Controls you
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
You said one bittorrent site.... So that means I can still keep warez-bb :P

If I could chose one site it would have to be waffles as it was my favorite site and the main thing I used to use bittorrent for was downloading/sharing music.

Although it would hard to satisfy my gaming needs without bcg :ermm:
And revtt's request section... and bithdtv's hd content... and gft's ratio free packs... lol

megabyteme
06-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I said one, TVCY...darn rebels! :P

TONiC
06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
1. TorrentLeech - Lots of internal groups, with early releases and now racing releases from their own topsite.

2. What.CD - More music than you could shake a stick at.

th0r
06-16-2010, 07:56 PM
1) ftn for movies/warez

2) my local record shop for cds and vinyls

ICanHazFTN
06-16-2010, 08:13 PM
TL and SCC as secondary

ninja666
06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
SCC and TBy as my second choice.

nthpeter
06-16-2010, 10:01 PM
GFT, bH secondary

Aristocles
06-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Indeed. I always go to KG for my "pretentious foreign wank". :)

Tough interrogatory, very tough. Honestly, too tough for me. . . I shall give it more thought but it looks ~impossible.

respawn40
06-16-2010, 11:39 PM
If it were still alive I would say UK-T, since I was quite a fan of the team of request uploaders there, and the download speeds that I could get there. Butttt it's gone, so my next pick would be FSC. If I picked this I would lose my dedicated music and games trackers, and I would lose a tracker with lots of movies, but then I would just make a request at FSC for whatever music/game/movie I was looking for, and I'd still be able to get the usual stuff at FSC.

Although really, if this topic had been asking just for any site, I would pick LL since it has a shitload of content and forums that cater to my teenage mind :ermm:

mrnobody
06-16-2010, 11:44 PM
demon by far.

megabyteme
06-17-2010, 12:43 AM
demon by far.

The only reason why this was not my first choice is because I favor the staff and forums at my other choices (TBy/FSC). Content wise, it rarely fails me- when every other site I have (too many, BTW) does.

One of the reasons for this thread is to help me narrow down the sites that carry the most weight and give me the most joy. I have really enjoyed the thought and effort put into this thread!:happy:

Tv Controls you
06-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I have mixed feelings about demonoid as the search engine has never really been that great on the site.

The content is vast but it is almost like a slightly upgraded pirate bay.
With many external links and files that sometimes don't work... I am weary of using demonoid at times.

Although the easy torrenting uploading procedure they enforce makes it easy for me to share files with other members.
I have uploaded a few files that were banned elsewhere, but were allowed on demonoid.

Cool site.... But best bt site... questionable.

IdolEyes787
06-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Allowed.:happy:

Tv Controls you
06-17-2010, 02:15 AM

Lol, you know I have to edit every post I make 1,000 times before I make it perfect.

allowed... aloud... same thing :P

megabyteme
06-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Cool site.... But best bt site... questionable.

Neither my original question, nor my latest post say anything about "best". This thread is more about usefulness and most enjoyed features than anything else.

It's kinda like the old, "If you were stranded on an island..." game. "Best" is such an ineffective word for most conversations. However, it does get used a lot.

mrnobody
06-17-2010, 02:41 AM
demon by far.

The only reason why this was not my first choice is because I favor the staff and forums at my other choices (TBy/FSC). Content wise, it rarely fails me- when every other site I have (too many, BTW) does.

One of the reasons for this thread is to help me narrow down the sites that carry the most weight and give me the most joy. I have really enjoyed the thought and effort put into this thread!:happy:

staff/community/irc/forum are secondary. i'm here for torrentz.

btw, i used to post in demon forum idk 2-4 years ago. from what i recall it was decent enough.

IdolEyes787
06-17-2010, 02:51 AM

Lol, you know I have to edit every post I make 1,000 times before I make it perfect.

allowed... aloud... same thing :P

If you've paid any attention to my posts and their frequent "last edited .." you would seem that I'm a fine one to talk .:rolleyes:

Funkin'
06-17-2010, 03:23 AM
For a tracker, Demonoid. Most of my downloading is music. But I also download a lot of games, along with the occasional movie, tv, ebook, etc. So a music only tracker would not suffice as my one and only tracker. And since Demonoid is great for all media, I would go with it.

My runner up would be Torrents.ru. For the same reasons as above.

7th
06-17-2010, 03:33 AM
oh man... it's hard to chose just one... But in the end I would probably chose bitme as "knowledge is everything" =P

As a second option, I would probably go with a general tracker like TL or IPT (probably IPT because it's much easier to leech and seed there).

but really nice question! =)

The Wanderer
06-17-2010, 07:00 AM
hdbits... for content, guides (of any type) and community. It is irreplaceable for me.

filelist.ro... for anything else I need.

Quarterquack
06-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Interesting. People would rather pick content over all else. That too, it's not just a pattern, it's clearly the dominant priority for people when picking and choosing their must-haves. Kind of funny that (other) people continue to hunt for more and more trackers, while "needs" seem to be few and narrowed.

soulreaper
06-17-2010, 10:52 AM
1) Demonoid
2) Karagarga

jayzae
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Demonoid for downloading games, apps, books, etc i can be sure my downloads are safe and BitHQ for HD movies

anon
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Interesting. People would rather pick content over all else.

I thought content was the reason we join torrent trackers. :unsure:

At least most of us.

Quarterquack
06-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Interesting. People would rather pick content over all else.

At least most of us.

It is and it isn't. You know exactly what I mean.

For example respawn, I'll use you as an example, and I hope you don't take offense. You said you'd pick UK-T, but why that over say a place like dH?

See what I mean anon? It usually isn't a clear-cut choice of what tracker you like. Exclusivity, community, the sentiment that you are part of something that most "aspire" to, usually all help stroke one's nonexistent ego into thinking that it's an "awesome" tracker (not talking about you, right now, respawn). However, this thread seems to be going in the opposite direction. Most, if not all, of the replies so far have thrown in the point that they're after solely the content, while it's simply not true, or those people would actually only be on "Just one BT site..."

anon
06-17-2010, 11:22 AM
See what I mean anon? It usually isn't a clear-cut choice of what tracker you like. Exclusivity, community, the sentiment that you are part of something that most "aspire" to, usually all help stroke one's nonexistent ego into thinking that it's an "awesome" tracker (not talking about you, right now, respawn).

Got your point, thanks. I guess that having never bothered with trackers' communities (enough daily forum posting and chatting every day for me) I hadn't considered this.

IdolEyes787
06-17-2010, 12:23 PM
You can make friends in RL ,and hopefully you do but the content you get off the trackers is another matter entirely ,ergo .

cap87
06-17-2010, 12:26 PM

At least most of us.

It is and it isn't. You know exactly what I mean.

For example respawn, I'll use you as an example, and I hope you don't take offense. You said you'd pick UK-T, but why that over say a place like dH?

See what I mean anon? It usually isn't a clear-cut choice of what tracker you like. Exclusivity, community, the sentiment that you are part of something that most "aspire" to, usually all help stroke one's nonexistent ego into thinking that it's an "awesome" tracker (not talking about you, right now, respawn). However, this thread seems to be going in the opposite direction. Most, if not all, of the replies so far have thrown in the point that they're after solely the content, while it's simply not true, or those people would actually only be on "Just one BT site..."

Actually UK-T would be a great choice both community and content wise. It had one hell of a request section, so if you needed something you could simply request it and it would be filled pretty quickly.

Quarterquack
06-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Actually UK-T would be a great choice both community and content wise. It had one hell of a request section, so if you needed something you could simply request it and it would be filled pretty quickly.

Which is why I mentioned dH. They are the bt tracker with the highest fulfilled requests percentage. You can ask for anything on dH and have it fulfilled. You'd be surprised some of the strings the uploaders there are able to pull just to provide someone with their virtual content.

cap87
06-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Which is why I mentioned dH. They are the bt tracker with the highest fulfilled requests percentage. You can ask for anything on dH and have it fulfilled. You'd be surprised some of the strings the uploaders there are able to pull just to provide someone with their virtual content.

Good to know, i had no idea dH had such a great request section :)

I have to check it out later... if my account is still in the database.

Glitterstep
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Bwtorrents(its has almost every possible Desi Release)

and second would be TorrentVault. I get all my EDM stuff from there,and its also a source for movies,Tv-Serials,etc.

dandraesley
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Demonoid and TPB

Sorry, you mean private tracker but i have not stuck my heart to specific tracker :( (have not taste all tracker :naughty:) jk .

t00z
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Waffles I think. I'd get some good newsgroups for the 0day crap and HD.

Zac090
06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
probably be what and warez-bb(doesn't count).

respawn40
06-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Because I've never been a member of dH, silly :happy: And no offense taken.

Rart
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
It would most definitely have to be BCG.

BCG has been completely invaluable tool in terms of providing the resources necessary to hack a wii as well as the game isos/VC wads needed. I would never trust a public tracker with shady, small files that could easily brick my wii at a moments notice.

While I like TL, probably my most used tracker, as much as the next guy, I could easily do without it. Public sites would work just fine for getting my 0day content, TV, and movies, albeit a bit slower. I've yet to see something replace BCG.

tippertime
06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
RevolutionTT

Waffles as backup

tucan
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
TL as my first choice and SCC as my second only reason TL beats SCC is that its easier to build ratio on

Pimms
06-18-2010, 02:12 AM
TorrentLeech baby! :D

megaman2000
06-18-2010, 08:13 AM
karagarga ...

graywolf
06-18-2010, 09:39 AM
My first will be IPT of course along with Animebytes. On runners up will be PTM/BG/BCG.

waeldiab
06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
hdbits&tl

muc147
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Torrentleech with IPT follwong on behing

blurayripper
07-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Due to the mass variety of content would have to go Demonoid, assuming that unreliable cat stays online 24/7

eskimo
07-12-2010, 08:51 PM
torrent leech

aimain
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Demonoid, then IPT

Hombre
07-13-2010, 12:06 AM
i wud keep Cosa Nostra, bcos they are needed to make drama on bt !

PooBar
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Tl

sake
07-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Zamunda is the tracker for me.

anon
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
i wud keep Cosa Nostra, bcos they are needed to make drama on bt !

They can "make drama on BT" without you being a member. :ermm: