PDA

View Full Version : how safe is it for pirates in the united states ?

jukebox
06-27-2010, 08:16 AM
what are the chances of getting caught , for a normal user downloading from public or private trackers ?

nthpeter
06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Downloading from public trackers could get you a warning. The anti-piracy organosations send out letters to the ISPs as far as i know. I recommend you to try private trackers instead, there are lots of them, some are more secure than others. You can find private trackers with open signups in the proper section of this forum.

brento
06-27-2010, 02:45 PM
yeah i've been downloading from both public and private trackers for about 5 years now, and i've only received one warning from my ISP. if i recall correctly it was for downloading diablo from TPB

Expeto
06-27-2010, 02:59 PM
I know a guy from us Does for almost 7years and doesn't even get warning once, he ain't a computer pro , just uses an ipfilter

anon
06-27-2010, 05:13 PM
If you use public trackers, some sort of IP filtering is a must. It'd also be a good idea to stay away from "sensitive" stuff, such as leaks, CAMs or workprints, where the anti-P2P watch could be focused on.

On private trackers, the risk is reduced but not gone. Generally, the larger a site is in terms of userbase, the less secure you should assume it to be.

echusero
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Here in our place, piracy of movies and music
is very rampant to the the point that it has almost
become a normal part of the society already. From
downloading music and movies to reproducing it,
piracy just sux.

nagaidevil
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Here in our place, piracy of movies and music
is very rampant to the the point that it has almost
become a normal part of the society already. From
piracy just sux.

And you are on this site because....

anon
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
From
piracy just sux.

Coding bots that spam Internet forums with predefined messages plus an advertising link sucks, too.

reccakeys123
07-09-2010, 03:02 AM
It depends!! Now a days there are lot of ways of not being caught using any codes or software, but that ain't good men. Even though there are lot of ways of not being caught, still new ways of technologies are made for those pirates, which is 100% effective and efficient to catch pirates. I really hate pirates!!!! It can destroy different kind industries such as music!!

Stop Piracy

anon
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
new ways of technologies are made for those pirates, which is 100% effective and efficient to catch pirates.

That's what they want you to think. And it works because the people that don't get caught also don't make threads about it.

th0r
07-10-2010, 06:10 AM
It can destroy different kind industries such as music!!i support my favorite bands and my local music scene by buying cds, vinyls and going to concerts, but if piracy is working to dismantle the r.i.a.a. and their frivolous lawsuits, i'm all for stealing from these so-called top 40 artists that pad their bank accounts by reengineering and auto-tuning shitty pop, country and rap samples

aimain
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
If you use public trackers, some sort of IP filtering is a must. It'd also be a good idea to stay away from "sensitive" stuff, such as leaks, CAMs or workprints, where the anti-P2P watch could be focused on.

On private trackers, the risk is reduced but not gone. Generally, the larger a site is in terms of userbase, the less secure you should assume it to be.

So, private tracker sites like Demonoid etc. become less secure as more people join?

anon
07-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Exactly.

Demonoid can be considered a joke when it comes to security, then.

aimain
07-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I figured it was only a matter of time. I've used PeerGaurdian 2 before, but is there any other better way to protect my IP?

anon
07-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Use a VPN? :unsure:

aimain
07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Use a VPN? :unsure:

Reccomendations?

th0r
07-13-2010, 01:00 AM
but is there any other better way to protect my IP?not really, no

anon
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
It depends!!

Why are most of your posts shorter than three wor- oh, wait.