PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza

jbravo2uk
11-02-2003, 09:10 PM
ive been using kazaa lite 4 a while now but it jst seems 2 get slower and slower so i thought i would try something else out the download speeds on shareaza a lot quicker than kazaa and not many fakes also i down my torents on the and i am picking up speeds of 300+kb/s people slag it of but i think u should try it your b surprised :ph34r:

RealitY
11-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Well I use Shareaza all the time lately, after all I hardly used eDonkey and never used G1 or G2 apps, as for BT I used it from time to time. Great thing about Shareaza is it rolls all those apps in one nice GUI, simple...

toddiscool
11-02-2003, 09:17 PM
am picking up speeds of 300+kb/s
Shareaze by default measure is kilobits (kb), not kilobytes(KB) like kazaa (8 bits to a byte) It is still a fine p2p but just so you are aware,

jbravo2uk
11-02-2003, 09:19 PM
your damn right its near perfection if only it could carry all p2p s ;)

muchspl2
11-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I like shadows for a BT client, it tells you if your firewalled or behind a router, seems to be the biggest complaint for BT is being incorrectly configured (slow downloads)

jbravo2uk
11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
still a good speed me thinks :P

RealitY
11-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by toddiscool@2 November 2003 - 13:17

Shareaze by default measure is kilobits (kb), not kilobytes(KB) like kazaa (8 bits to a byte) It is still a fine p2p but just so you are aware,
Funny at first install I was thinking wow as well, then I changed it to KB/s in settings...

jbravo2uk
11-02-2003, 10:07 PM
u sound like a man who know its stuff how do i turn the torent of on shareaza so when i down load a torent it opens shadows torent

muchspl2
11-02-2003, 10:19 PM
easy uninstall Shareaze, then when you want to download any torrent from any place, remember to right click the torrent and choose save as, then open it from your hard drive, we you open the torrent it will default to shadows, you need to install shadows http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html
if it doesn't default to shadows, left click the torrent (the one you downloaded to your HD) and open with, choose btdownloadgui.exe, and click the box always use this to open files (something like that anyway)

jbravo2uk
11-02-2003, 10:26 PM
but i want to keep shareaza has well

muchspl2
11-02-2003, 10:30 PM
CMIIW but shareaza is a bittorrent client and shadows is a torrent client, no offenice but seemes to me shareaza is just a friendly interface to bittorrent, drop it and get off the shareaza tit, if you want a bittorrent client get one, not one that has kazza built in
kazaa for kazaa and bittorrent for bittorrent, don't be afraid of bittorrnet, it just doesn't have a search like kazaa, no need to get a client that makes it look like it does

alextreme
11-03-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by jbravo2uk@2 November 2003 - 16:07
u sound like a man who know its stuff how do i turn the torent of on shareaza so when i down load a torent it opens shadows torent
Just open the shadow's client (C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\btdownloadgui.exe)
You will see a windows that says: "Choose .torrent file to use"
Just drag the torrent into that window and click open, your download will start using the shadow's client.

RealitY
11-03-2003, 06:35 AM
In Shareaza, Settings ==>> Web ==>> Uncheck Torrent. You may need to then reinstall your other torrent client if you can not get it to associate the torrent files with it, upon reinstall of the torrent client it should reassociate the torrent to it...

junkyardking
11-03-2003, 09:38 AM
The good thing with bittorent in shareaza is that if the tracker is down it will continue to download the file off the Gnutella2 network and if you seed on Gnutella2 you no longer even need a tracker as the network acts like a tracker.

RealitY
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@3 November 2003 - 01:38
The good thing with bittorent in shareaza is that if the tracker is down it will continue to download the file off the Gnutella2 network and if you seed on Gnutella2 you no longer even need a tracker as the network acts like a tracker.
This is what in the end may make Shareaza the better BT client perhaps...

Sparkle1984
11-03-2003, 05:14 PM
no offenice but seemes to me shareaza is just a friendly interface to bittorrent, drop it and get off the shareaza tit, if you want a bittorrent client get one, not one that has kazza built in

k-lite and shareaza both connect to different networks you know. They are not hte same thing. shareaza doesnt have kazaa built in. ;)

RealitY
11-04-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@3 November 2003 - 09:14
k-lite and shareaza both connect to different networks you know. They are not hte same thing. shareaza doesnt have kazaa built in. ;)
Bizzare thing is while doing a search the other day on Shareeaza I noticed in the client colum a couple of soureces that were labled GIFT, arghhhhhhh, I hope they don't in tend to add or have not added the giFT project to the bunch, and if not what the fk was that doing there...

stoi
11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by REALITY+3 November 2003 - 09:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 3 November 2003 - 09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@3 November 2003 - 01:38
This is what in the end may make Shareaza the better BT client perhaps... [/b][/quote]
well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent.

RealitY
11-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by stoi+3 November 2003 - 22:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stoi @ 3 November 2003 - 22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@3 November 2003 - 09:46
<!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@3 November 2003 - 01:38
well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent. [/b][/quote]
Why...

I think the point is that a BT client that can be trackerless would seem a benifit...

stoi
11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+4 November 2003 - 07:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 4 November 2003 - 07:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by stoi@3 November 2003 - 22:36

well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent.
Why...

I think the point is that a BT client that can be trackerless would seem a benifit... [/b][/quote]
why have trackers at all then if thats the case, just put the files on the G2 network an do it that way.

junkyardking
11-05-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by stoi+4 November 2003 - 22:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stoi &#064; 4 November 2003 - 22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@4 November 2003 - 07:56

Originally posted by stoi@3 November 2003 - 22:36

Why...

I think the point is that a BT client that can be trackerless would seem a benifit...
why have trackers at all then if thats the case, just put the files on the G2 network an do it that way. [/b][/quote]
As far as i know it actualy acts like bittorent on the network that&#39;s why it good, while if you share a file on G2 your subject to the normal rules e.g. queues. Just think of it like this

Files on G2 = Files on g2 e.g the queues and what not and sharing with shareaza bittorent users

Bittorent on G2 = the bittorent protacol e.g. great speeds, partial filesharing, no queues plus getting sources of non bittorent g2 users as well

Before i was under the impression that the partial filesharing of bittorent was getting shared with G2 non bittorent users but as was pointed out by someone else i was mistaking the client listing for the actual queue, these were actualy other shareaza clients on the tracker.

Jay
11-07-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by REALITY+2 November 2003 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 2 November 2003 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddiscool@2 November 2003 - 13:17

Funny at first install I was thinking wow as well, then I changed it to KB/s in settings... [/b][/quote]
that&#39;s somthing that has happened to everyone who ever tried shareaza