PDA

View Full Version : Banned from tracker...Possibility of getting back in?

obaletan
08-18-2010, 12:30 AM
I was a member of a well known breakfast music tracker. After three weeks I was banned/disabled due to my invitee selling invites. I did not purchase my invite. I went to IRC and spoke to mods. I was told that if I found a new invitee I could get back in. This was my first private tracker and I have some questions regarding the decision:

1. Does this sound feasible/like something the mods normally do?
2. How likely is anyone going to help?
3. I've read many posts of the harshness of the mods. This isn't a trap to screw someone else over is it? In their rules it states inviting a banned individual results in you being banned. He did state that I would have to come to IRC to get the invite code.
4. Should I just give up trying to get back in?

Tv Controls you
08-18-2010, 12:48 AM
No, it is a legitimate offer.

I was posed with the same issue as you, and I did infact get an invite back in...
Once you get a legitimate invite, you have to go straight to their disabled channel and tell them.. They will give you directions from there.

*unfortunately I was linked to a bad website which was brought up in a discussion on here, so I was banned later on.....

Anyway.... But if what your saying is true, you will be fine.

megabyteme
08-18-2010, 12:51 AM
What TVCY says is true. If anyone knows about trouble, it's him. :D

BTW, good to see you, TVCY! It's been a while.

Tv Controls you
08-18-2010, 12:55 AM
What TVCY says is true. If anyone knows about trouble, it's him. :D

BTW, good to see you, TVCY! It's been a while.

Hey megabyteme, lol I didn't even recognize you with your new avatar.

I know my activity has been pretty low on FST ever since starcraft II came out lol.
Seems like I missed so much in the matter of a week. :pinch:

megabyteme
08-18-2010, 01:09 AM
I think we are all still getting used to the new format. Some of it is kinda fun- I like to see what kind of raunchy stuff I can get on the front page. :D

Hope you can drag yourself away from your game to hang with us a bit more...

obaletan
08-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys... Now onto building some rep so I can get a new invite :)

ca_aok
08-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Rep does not equal an invite, high rep just means you give your own invites away recklessly and without thought (even moreso when you're a newer member).

I'd just write a decent request in the forum, openly discuss your situation, and see what happens.

cinephilia
08-18-2010, 04:52 AM
so they urge you to hunt a new invite with all that can imply and lead to (req on bt forums or 'exchanges of favors' among others - precisely what they are opposed to) instead of simply reenabling your account.

i really don't understand this approach.

th0r
08-18-2010, 05:02 AM
I know my activity has been pretty low on FST ever since starcraft II came out lol.you better still be using that super special lossless music tracker i invited you to a long time ago

bijoy
08-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Just go on with the offer.. abnned once, bad, not good. But banned twicemeans the chance of you getting back in private tracker community is really low..

Tv Controls you
08-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I know my activity has been pretty low on FST ever since starcraft II came out lol.you better still be using that super special lossless music tracker i invited you to a long time ago

I actually recently got some old reggae tape that I fell in love with off this super special lossless tracker lol. :D

7th
08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Like Cine said, this is really strange =/

anon
08-18-2010, 03:20 PM
If you look closer, it's not the first time Waffles' staff offers to reenable you if you gets your hands on another invite. You just have to pass them the invite link on IRC (don't use it/try to register another account!), and they'll be kind enough to do that.

The problem here is where he can get another invite, I suppose.

YoYoY
08-18-2010, 05:14 PM
you better still be using that super special lossless music tracker i invited you to a long time ago

I actually recently got some old reggae tape that I fell in love with off this super special lossless tracker lol. :D

Is that what I think it's ?! :shifty:

obaletan
08-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Rep does not equal an invite, high rep just means you give your own invites away recklessly and without thought (even moreso when you're a newer member).

I'd just write a decent request in the forum, openly discuss your situation, and see what happens.

I didn't mean rep in the form of invite rep... I meant like join some conversations hopefully make some friends. Then I will take your advice and hope someone is feeling kind :)

so they urge you to hunt a new invite with all that can imply and lead to (req on bt forums or 'exchanges of favors' among others - precisely what they are opposed to) instead of simply reenabling your account.

i really don't understand this approach.

Thats what I thought. It didn't seem legit to me. I definately did not want to be used to screw it up for someone else.

anon
08-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Thats what I thought. It didn't seem legit to me. I definately did not want to be used to screw it up for someone else.

As I said before, you're not the only person that has been offered this "opportunity". TVCY has gone through the same, and so did a friend of mine. They aren't doing this to screw anyone. :)

7th
08-18-2010, 08:38 PM
My opinion? Go try another tracker... we're talking about music tracker aren't we? So I'm sure you'll find something that will replace the tracker in question.

What I "CAN'T" understand is why these tracker staff keep "playing" with users as if they were their toys. If a new invite would do the work, why don't simply give the OP his account back? I don't know... Maybe it's not funny that way. These staff people don't seem to have much thing to do so in the free time they amuse themselves banning people and waiting them in the irc channels =/

Gorbux
08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
gl finding substitute.

Cabalo
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
My opinion? Go try another tracker... we're talking about music tracker aren't we? So I'm sure you'll find something that will replace the tracker in question.

What I "CAN'T" understand is why these tracker staff keep "playing" with users as if they were their toys. If a new invite would do the work, why don't simply give the OP his account back? I don't know... Maybe it's not funny that way. These staff people don't seem to have much thing to do so in the free time they amuse themselves banning people and waiting them in the irc channels =/
That's because IRC is great fun!

7th
08-18-2010, 11:27 PM
That's because IRC is great fun!

Let me share that irony with you... yes, that's really fun!

Quarterquack
08-19-2010, 12:14 AM
IRC is fun depending on who you spend your time on there with. I haven't been an irCreep in years, but recently I've gotten around to being around more often, and it's just as enjoyable as it was all those years ago.

7th
08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
¬¬

obaletan
08-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Have you tried what.cd?

I'm actually in the interview channel right now.... we'll see how it goes. I was just partial to the previous tracker. I got used to it.