PDA

View Full Version : Astraweb slow for anyone else?

sassan
11-16-2010, 02:22 AM
It's been hours and I just wanted to know if anyone else is having issues connecting. I'm getting terrible speeds at the moment.

taniquetil
11-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I can't even connect to the server right now.

sassan
11-16-2010, 02:33 AM
It's the North American servers, they are all slow. I tried the European servers to see if I could get better speeds and that one is better. I hope this is not a permanent thing.

taniquetil
11-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the tip!

smith123
11-16-2010, 03:01 AM
same.

usuck
11-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Works fine for me

moki
11-16-2010, 04:36 AM
Ditto. The naserver was also slow last evening. Thanks, sassan, for the euroserver tip! First time I've encountered a problem with Astraweb.

taniquetil
11-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Yeah, still having some problems with file completion. I'm 0/4 on TV shows today on Astraweb. Have never had this problem before.

JohnnySixStrin
11-16-2010, 05:24 AM
I've also been having issues, over the past week. I usually avg about 1800 kB/s but it's been as low as 200 today and won't get any higher than about 1500, which I guess I'm lucky it's even getting that high - but I'm not paying to be 'lucky',lol.

I submitted a support ticket and just got this as a response: "We are currently having some investigation and working on the servers. We hope to get the issues resolved as soon as possible." Hopefully they fix whatever's been screwing with all of our speeds sooner rather than later.

sassan
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Seems to be back up again.

freakadude
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
I had trouble yesterday evening and some today - I switched over to the EU SSL Servers and it seems to be at capacity again.

JohnnySixStrin
11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
They're still obviously still having issues with their servers. I can download but the speed is still way slower than it should be; the fastest it averaged was 1100kB/s today (1800 normally), but it bounces up and down. Using the eu server seems to be faster, but it's speed is also going up and down and still not as fast as usual.

thund3rcat
11-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Connecting issues, along with a lot of incomplete binaries. :(

sandman_1
11-17-2010, 12:30 AM
No problems here. Everything is fine on both US and EU servers with me.

Beck38
11-17-2010, 06:32 AM
It's been up/down/slow/fast for the last 24-36+ hours. For those who know anything about the fiber layout of 'silicon valley' (Santa Clara county, San Jose and surrounding southern Bay Area communities), back in the early 80's the county built it's own 'fiber loop' from Mountain View around the south bay to Fremont, hooking into the 'major' telcos (at the time, Pacific Bell, AT&T, Sprint, and others), but recently some of those 'majors' have finally gotten off their rears and 'built out' the infrastructure allowing most of the companies to transition off the old muni system.

I'm pretty sure that Astraweb was on the muni system years ago, when I was still living there (2001), but it's a good question as to who there are on now. My tracert reports that my traffic if fed through Cogentco, but it probably was a 'local' problem at the site itself, and not any of the feeds, as I do a tracert about every day, and the route changes about every day.

Looks like it's stable as a rock tonight (my time), hopefully it will remain so as I have a bunch of 'stuff' qued up to run overnight, and should be done tomorrow am (if nothing gets 'slow').

Update: seems to be running just fine, no major slow-downs all night long it appears.

JohnnySixStrin
11-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I was going to comment yesterday that my speed was back up to normal. Something told me I should wait and see and sure as sh...... Now it's at the CRAWLING speed of about 370kB/s!!!?? It looks I might have to find a new provider at this rate.

Beck38
11-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Kinda watched it like a hawk through yesterday, and there were a couple slow-downs. It tended to pop right back up fairly quickly, though, and I ran all night long (last 12 or so hours or so through the Santa Clara server) and no major problems.

They may have done, what appears to the users, a minor s/w change that resulted in problems, who knows. Lots of folks switched over to the Amsterdam plant and got better throughput, but it's the other side of the planet from me (I'm right next to the US server), so it's a bit much (route miles and hop count wise) from my perspective.