PDA

View Full Version : Create NZB.zip fails with zero byte file

krackt
01-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Whenever I attempt to download a zipped nzb from FST I get a zero byte file.

Tried with Chrome, Opera and Safari... all same result.

No probem with uncompressed nzbs and I can download zips ok from other sites.

It's no biggie for me but it would be better for our site if I could create zipped nzbs.

Anyone help? TIA

bijoy
01-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Are you using any download acclerators or download managers? :unsure:

krackt
01-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Are you using any download acclerators or download managers? :unsure:

nah! plain ole browsers... 2 on Linux and 1 on OSX

this has me stumped :frusty:

anon
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
It's the same here. I think it was the same with the old site, also. (I don't use newsgroups, but have snatched a few NZBs for my experiments :P)

nntpjunkie
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
The create zip function is broken -Confirmed - it returns a zero byte zip file

Cabalo
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Confirmed bug. Moved to the correct section.

tesco
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes it has been broken for a few months, I forgot to fix it. :oops:

It's the same here. I think it was the same with the old site, also. (I don't use newsgroups, but have snatched a few NZBs for my experiments :P)
It worked as far as I know.
Also it worked on the new site for a short time too, I have no idea what broke it though.

anon
01-12-2011, 01:13 AM
It worked as far as I know.

I must be making stuff up, then. Thankfully I added "I think" at the beginning of that sentence. :D

Rart
01-12-2011, 05:14 AM
but have snatched a few NZBs for my experiments :P

:eyebrows:

anon
01-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Namely getting some releases with Unzbin just to check Usenet out, since I had never really tried it before joining this forum.

Nice to see you around, by the way.

Rart
01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Sure, that's what they all say, until anon decides to phone up his anti piracy buddies and tells them how to circumvent our entire system from an "experiment" he did...

Glad to see FST hasn't changed much around here recently. Except for some reason people actually seem to like Idol now. That doesn't bode well with me.

anon
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Sure, that's what they all say, until anon decides to phone up his anti piracy buddies and tells them how to circumvent our entire system from an "experiment" he did...

no u

Glad to see FST hasn't changed much around here recently. Except for some reason people actually seem to like Idol now. That doesn't bode well with me.

Hey, do you best to bear with it. You can't be inactive so long and expect things to be the same. :lol:

tesco
01-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Namely getting some releases with Unzbin just to check Usenet out, since I had never really tried it before joining this forum.

Nice to see you around, by the way.
You're lying. Nobody has ever tried out newsgroups and went back to torrents. :eyebrows:

anon
01-13-2011, 12:41 AM
You're lying. Nobody has ever tried out newsgroups and went back to torrents. :eyebrows:

I know the basics, but am too lazy to dive deeper into this Usenet stuff. :lol:

I've stopped torrenting in favor of using file hosters for months already, however. :)

tesco
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM

I know the basics, but am too lazy to dive deeper into this Usenet stuff. :lol:

I've stopped torrenting in favor of using file hosters for months already, however. :)It's a start. :lol: