PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever ??

Evelyn
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/DukeNukemForever.jpg

How do you feel about this guyz ?
Are they able to justify the 15yrs LONG wait ???
Haven't played yet, but majority of reviews are negative.

mr. nails
06-16-2011, 05:34 PM
i like DN and will eventually play this. at the moment though the game is getting craptastic reviews due to a lot of it's humor. it's fucking DUKE and the humor is supposed to be there. some ppl are just too uptight.

n3xx
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I doubt it will be anything spectacular but I'm try it anyways just to see.

IdolEyes787
06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I started playing it yesterday and it's so far very disappointing.The main complaint is that you are very limited in what you can do as everything is annoyingly incredibly scene specific.That and it's (so far) neither fun or funny.

Evelyn
06-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I started playing it yesterday and it's so far very disappointing.The main complaint is that you are very limited in what you can do as everything is annoyingly incredibly scene specific.That and it's (so far) neither fun or funny.
I heard you dont even have the freedom of free look?
is it all fixed cameras ?

Lol im too lazy to check gameplay even in youtube

IdolEyes787
06-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I heard you dont even have the freedom of free look?
is it all fixed cameras ?

Lol im too lazy to check gameplay even in youtube No it's first person so i wouldn't term that fixed,I've gone quite a bit further now and everything just seems so painfully arbitrary.Worse than that half the time you can't even interact with something standing right in front of you like it didn't even exist.
Also the Boss battles " the Bosses can be only hurt by explosives or turrets" or some such stupidity and even then (so far) they are not much of a challenge and I'm hardly a whiz at this sort of thing.
And the "puzzles" are little more than try not getting lost .

My honest take on the whole thing(so far) is that the creators finally got sick of the thing being infinitely in limbo tacked a few shots of breasts in to make it seem risque and throw it out there hoping that anyone was stupid enough to still buy it.

Evelyn
06-17-2011, 09:39 PM
My honest take on the whole thing(so far) is that the creators finally got sick of the thing being infinitely in limbo tacked a few shots of breasts in to make it seem risque and throw it out there hoping that anyone was stupid enough to still buy it.
Thanks, you saved me and i will save by bandwidth, by not downloading it :)

Cabalo
06-18-2011, 03:01 AM
No matter I still haven't seen anything positive written about this game anywhere, I still have to try it. I have to see it by myself, and the good thing is expectations aren't too high.

iLOVENZB
06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
You've all waited over a decade for it, of coarse you're going to be disappointed. Is that enough to warrant the poor reviews? Probably not.

My views are pretty neutral on this franchise, was never really a fan but can understand fans anger towards a franchise being ass raped.

IdolEyes787
06-18-2011, 04:32 PM
You've all waited over a decade for it, of coarse you're going to be disappointed. Is that enough to warrant the poor reviews? Probably not.

My views are pretty neutral on this franchise, was never really a fan but can understand fans anger towards a franchise being ass raped.

I didn't wait 10 minutes for it and I still think it's pretty terrible.

iLOVENZB
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
I haven't played it yet, what was so terrible about it Idol?

IdolEyes787
06-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I haven't played it yet, what was so terrible about it Idol?

My main problems are in no particular order : A total lack of charm.Lke I mentioned earlier gameplay is very arbitrary and what happens follows no logical sequence. The game is extremely restricted in what at any time what it allows you to do. Little to no interaction with other characters in any meaningful way. Totally unimaginative .

Hologram
06-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Tried it today for like 5 minutes, didn't really like it. Jokes aren't funny at all. ( At least for me )

iLOVENZB
06-18-2011, 09:55 PM
@Idol

I see, to a degree that is the Deus Ex fans' opinion on Invisible War. When Island of Liberty was released it won every single GOTY award. When Invisible War came out it was battered to death by fans of the franchise. The term "consolization" started forming because the game appeared to be aimed at an ADD audience (console kiddies). All the stealthy-ness, interactivity, plot twists of the original weren't evident in the sequel. Looks like they're rooting out to fans again with Human Revolution.

Stabber
06-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Why is the review on gamespot so bad . I mean ok duke nukem forever isn't black ops but it's a fun game to play .

Gamespot gave it a score of 3,5 and i don't understand why . Maybe it has something to do with the company not paying enough money for advertising .

IdolEyes787
06-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Why is the review on gamespot so bad . I mean ok duke nukem forever isn't black ops but it's a fun game to play .

Gamespot gave it a score of 3,5 and i don't understand why . Maybe it has something to do with the company not paying enough money for advertising .

I played through the entire game and in response I advise you to look up the word "pandering".

mr. nails
06-22-2011, 05:00 AM
I played through the entire game..

how many hours of gameplay?

MultiForce
06-22-2011, 05:21 AM
I've had it for 2 weeks now and I just can't fire it up again to finish it.
It feels like a never ending walk in a never ending corridor.
The MP is actually what I hate the most. The animations, the (lack of) weapon feeling, some of the maps feel like playing Quake etc.

I guess there are too many 12 year olds that don't want to learn how to play a game these days.

Stabber
06-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I played through the entire game..

how many hours of gameplay?

with exploring it took me about 8-10 hours of gameplay maybe even less . It's not a big game

iLOVENZB
06-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Takes me forever to complete games, how on earth do you guys manage to complete it in under 24 hours? Do you not look for alternate routes or explore maps?

Took me almost half a year to finish Deus Ex: Island of Liberty.

Stabber
06-22-2011, 10:58 AM
There are not any alternate routes in duke nukem forever :P

And the epxloration of maps doesn't take long in this game

Mizo
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
i didn't like this game
it's full of crap

IdolEyes787
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
i didn't like this game
it's full of crap

He means that literally btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DkZSDT-80

Evelyn
06-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Wtf.. it more ugly then i thought .. shit .. yukk....

Stabber
06-27-2011, 09:04 AM
The beginning is really boring but afterwards it gets better :)

Mizo
07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
i didn't like this game
it's totally unexpected to be like this

mr. nails
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
game went on sale on Steam for $10. bought!

iLOVENZB
10-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Saw it on Steam for ~$20 something (50% off). Ehh, we still get ripped off :P

Startear
10-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Not really worth 15 yr of waiting

Zohaib
01-04-2012, 09:19 AM
after 5 minute i deleted the game...game was rubbish

iLOVENZB
01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
after 5 minute i deleted the game...game was rubbish

Your own fucking fault. Have you not read one review about this game? It's 7 months old, I have no my sympathy.

mills
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
i don't no about you guys but i enjoyed it DLC and all - fighting DR proton and that other thing at the end was pretty damn fun

JubbaTheHutt
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I was just happy to see this infamous finally make the light of day, especially by Gearbox whom I've grown to appreciate in the past few years. Unfortunately it is what it is, and for a DN fan I certainly enjoyed it, but nowhere ever was it worth full retail.

ASU_Sundevil
02-03-2012, 04:15 AM
I just started playing this! I cant believe he's getting a bj after the first battle......That was funny as hell! I'll be playing more as it seems really funny.

killuminati96
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I think this is one of the best Duke games yet. At the very least it lives up to the older ones and it's even explicit while some others where PG-13. This has all the elements of the older games. I don't understand all the hate this game got. Have you ever played a Duke game before? You should know what to expect. These are games that make a joke of themselves. They aren't suppose to be the greatest games ever made. lol

The one thing I can say they really messed up on was the crappy multiplayer. It wasn't worth even being included. They did such a bad job.

IdolEyes787
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I think this is one of the best Duke games yet. At the very least it lives up to the older ones and it's even explicit while some others where PG-13. This has all the elements of the older games. I don't understand all the hate this game got. Have you ever played a Duke game before? You should know what to expect. These are games that make a joke of themselves. They aren't suppose to be the greatest games ever made. lol

It must be wonderful to have such low standards that basically everything seems worthwhile to you.

killuminati96
02-06-2012, 09:37 PM
lol

ok...

I'm actually pretty picky about my music, movies & games. Duke Nukem Forever made me want to play more every day when I usually play a diff game every day. It was fun to play. There was things that should of been better, but you could say that about anything. The sad part is how long it took them to make this game and it isn't exactly the greatest game ever made. It should of been better after so many years being in production. I do feel they got tired of it and rushed to get it finished. I still liked it enough that after pirating it I bought it.

marklefe
02-16-2012, 02:59 AM
I never played the original, so I could care less. I did play the game for like 1 hour when it came out... it was soooo bad.