PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I watched recently...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Funkin'
09-01-2021, 02:39 PM
I'm watching Titans right now, among other things, but Titans I'm very hooked on because I love the DC Comic Universe.
If you don't know what it is, it's loosely based on the Teen Tians cartoon. Which is excellent. The Titans are Dick Grayson(Robin), Kory(Starfire), Rachel(Raven), and Gar (Beast Boy).

So if you're DC geek like me I highly recommend it. The DC universe is so dark and murderous, unlike Marvel that's alll sunshine and lollipops.

The Suicide Squad (2021) 0/10

That's a shame. I was going to watch this soon, and was hoping that they improved off of Suicide Squad. There's potential there but it's just not being tapped. *insert sexual reference here*

IdolEyes787
09-01-2021, 06:11 PM
When you say "geek" you really mean "gay man-child" if I'm reading the whole Teen Titans thing correctly. Still, in your defense, it's not animated so at least there's that.

Caballero
09-02-2021, 04:19 AM
Valley of Tears

I'm halfway through the 10 episodes. Highly recommended, even if you are not Shay... ;)

Funkin'
09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
When you say "geek" you really mean "gay man-child" if I'm reading the whole Teen Titans thing correctly. Still, in your defense, it's not animated so at least there's that.
If I weren't a gay man-child my feelings would probably be hurt.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2021, 10:13 PM
People are making a big deal out of comic book Robin coming out as bisexual but given his costume and his living arrangement ward cough cough, the truly shocking thing to me was that he isn't 100% homo.

soulreaper
09-10-2021, 04:05 PM
A quiet place II. It felt like watching episode 2 of a TV series. The first one was exhiliarating.

IdolEyes787
09-10-2021, 06:20 PM
The Voyeurs (2021) Sydney Sweeney's boobs a 10 everything else about the movie a 1. That includes the heavy-handed directing, the abominable acting, the horrendous writing and the abysmal soundtrack. Gay cover of Eyes Without a Face is gay.

Spoilers. The boobs are in the last 15 minutes of two hours and are followed by some of the most nonsensical plot twists I've ever seen.

Funkin'
09-11-2021, 03:46 PM
Don't Breathe 2

Not as good as the first

Caballero
09-29-2021, 03:53 PM
Watched "Free Guy" the other day. Was surprisingly entertaining; I guess a Wreck-It Ralph on steroids meeting Ready Player One?

Saw "The Card Counter" afterwards. Left me feeling underwhelmed.

libernullmal
10-01-2021, 05:57 PM
Watched "Free Guy" with my 4 yo daughter. I was yelled out by the wife for the pg13 content such as cussing and violence.... I said "Have you watched regular TV lately"? she said "No, you got me Netflix and other streaming companies". touché wife touché

Zupper
10-04-2021, 01:49 PM
Watched Skyline 3 last night and was a bit disappointed, really liked Skyline 1 and 2.

IdolEyes787
10-04-2021, 04:24 PM
No Time to Die (2021)- Oh the hubris.

Watched Skyline 3 last night.... That's probably three Skylines too many.

ime10
10-05-2021, 01:18 PM
I Claudius - The Best Historical TV Show
I, Claudius is (https://enigmatube.com/index.php/videos/i-claudius-ep-1-a-touch-of-murder/) a 1976 BBC Television adaptation of Robert Graves' 1934 novel I, Claudius and its 1935 sequel Claudius the God.
The story begins (watch Robert Graves I Claudius) with an old Claudius in his study, just starting to write the 'strange' history of his family. Whilst he is writing he remembers a few years back when he heard the Sibyl's prophecy. She predicted he would get a position everybody but him wanted, that in 1900 years his history will be read and at long last Claudius will speak clearly. The story then returns to the old Claudius, who begins his family history with the rivalry between Marcus Agrippa and Marcellus.

stargazindreamr
10-07-2021, 05:52 PM
I watched Numbers Station. Not bad, not really good; mindless enough to let me fall asleep as soon as it was over.

jojobrown911
10-08-2021, 09:29 PM
So far been watching all of the Apple TV Originals and gotta admit SEE is pretty interesting! TV shows recently being produces are far better than the past when TV channels were the only ones to produce them. Now you have the likes of Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Hulu, and etc creating far better shows.

StreamerX
10-10-2021, 05:18 AM
squid games

Skippynut
10-16-2021, 03:45 AM
Letterkenny

IdolEyes787
10-17-2021, 11:53 AM
I'm downloading Dune. I hope it's good even though I think they really didn't cast it very well.

.......................................................................................................................

It's pretty good but I stand by my point that it would be a better movie minus the inclusion of Drax and Aquaman and plus an actual, you know, ending.

Pretty faithful to the book from what I can remember.

Zupper
10-18-2021, 02:12 PM
I'm downloading Dune. I hope it's good even though I think they really didn't cast it very well.

.......................................................................................................................

It's pretty good but I stand by my point that it would be a better movie minus the inclusion of Drax and Aquaman and plus an actual, you know, ending.

Pretty faithful to the book from what I can remember.

Watched it last night and it was a lot better than I expected and was pretty faithful to the book. Shame we have wait and see if they're will be a Part II.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2021, 03:19 PM
I thought that I was going to hate Timothée Chalamet because Timothée Chalamet but once people start trying to kill him because, assumingly again, Timothée Chalamet, he's quite tolerable.

megabyteme
10-18-2021, 04:38 PM
I have to give a nod to Copshop. Not going to win any Oscars, but there's a black woman in it who outshines everyone you'd expect to carry the filum. If she sleeps with the right directors, she could be noteworthy.

Am I the only one disappointed that Squid Games didn't include a single squid? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
10-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one disappointed that Squid Games didn't include a single squid? :unsure: I haven't watched it. I assumed it was another Guy Ritchie gangster movie with over the top English accents. "Hey, mate. Three Finger Al wants that 500 squid you owes him".

Caballero
10-18-2021, 05:18 PM
I have to say that I am enjoying season 2 of "Stargirl" a whole lot less than season 1.

bchidef
10-27-2021, 01:32 PM
Just watched the new Dune, its a good thing i read the book otherwise would have no idea what was going on

texasmcse
10-27-2021, 04:53 PM
squid game - probably the best thing we will see this year, need to watch it again now that i know what happens for all the hidden stuff

Caballero
10-27-2021, 06:14 PM
Five Bedrooms

Australian show, even if it got co-opted as a "Peacock Original", two seasons. Wife approved, and entertaining enough that it will not cost you too much effort to score some brownie points.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2021, 09:55 PM
By the synopsis, it sounds like Friends. Since it's the Peacock Network I suppose they weren't worried that they'd have to pay NBC royalties for theft of intellectual property.

I see that since it's 2020 something the Ross character is now ghey. Who could have predicted that?

dallas590
10-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Recently has been Doom Patrol, and believe it or not, I really enjoyed the move "Old"

IdolEyes787
10-29-2021, 12:13 PM
Army of Thieves (2021) I wasn't expecting much and let's just say it delivered. :mellow:

Also I understand that they are trying to tie it into Army of the Dead for monetary reasons but "Army of Thieves" as a title makes literally no sense unless armies can consist of five people.

Gribley
10-29-2021, 03:51 PM
squid game - probably the best thing we will see this year, need to watch it again now that i know what happens for all the hidden stuff

I found it poop. It is like a really bad version of the cube film. It was funny for the dubbing choice however (I`m not a sub-title purist).

jessd4life
10-30-2021, 01:53 AM
I recently saw all the IP Man movies. All were good but the first was by far my favorite.

mjd73ks
10-30-2021, 07:31 AM
The Lost Symbol seems to be interesting

Caballero
11-01-2021, 04:54 PM
Going back to the classics... Zorro -- Disney show from 1957. Watched the reruns on TV as a kid. Held up surprisingly well.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2021, 06:48 PM
Going back to the classics... Zorro -- Disney show from 1957. Watched the reruns on TV as a kid. Held up surprisingly well.

Now I feel stupid. I never realized Antonio Banderas was that old.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 12:28 AM
Trying to watch The Wheel of Time but it's just soooo derivative of frankly better stuff. Better cast probably could have saved it but once again Hollywood seems to have chosen diversity over talent.

Funkin'
11-24-2021, 01:35 AM
I'm watching Dopesick. A Hulu Original. My friend swore by it but it's fucking boring so far.

aramis45
11-24-2021, 10:44 AM
Southland

A very nice Cop Show. You should take a look at it.

mjd73ks
11-24-2021, 10:48 AM
so is it worth watching if you don't have the context of books?

Trying to watch The Wheel of Time but it's just soooo derivative of frankly better stuff. Better cast probably could have saved it but once again Hollywood seems to have chosen diversity over talent.

so is it worth watching if you don't have the context of the books?

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 12:50 PM
Here's the thing about fantasy and science fiction movies/TV series based on books. The books in 99% of the cases are going to be better. Take Lord of the Rings for instance. Knowing the books so well kinda ruined the movies for me because of all the things that were changed, done poorly or left out.
Some will argue that with shows like Game of Thrones some knowledge of the books makes things less confusing, to which I say just give the filmmakers time and I'm sure that everything will make some sort of sense in the end.

I'm going to watch the first episode of Hawkeye tonight. It's about that guy in The Last of the Mohicans, right?

I know it can't be the other one because apparently Alan Alda has Parkinson's.

Caballero
12-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Still sitting on the fence in regards to "Mayor of Kingstown". Really has some potential for a decent cop/detective yarn, but some of those "social teachings" moments are just too heavy-handed...

Ulysses
12-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Enjoying Ragdoll. It's a British cop drama hunt for a serial killer. Pretty gritty and the English accent and slang make me turn on the subtitles occasionally to figure out what they're saying but well worth the effort. Lucy Hale surprisingly good as the very competent "woke" American cop.

Funkin'
12-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Watching that Get Back mini series, or whatever you call it, for The Beatles. 3 parts, all about 2 hour and 40 min a piece. With my underdeveloped mind it's hard to stay concentrated that long so I watch in smaller increments.

Anyways if you're a fan of The Beatles it's worth checking out. Definitely not if you're not.

ripcord
12-06-2021, 12:07 PM
watched Shang-Chi and The Legend Of The Ten Rings...

Some of the fight sequences were good... but the story not so much.

IdolEyes787
12-17-2021, 07:54 PM
Watched the first two episodes of Season 2 of The Witcher. So far not feeling it.:no: It's sort of well-made nothing so basically Marvel.

Funkin'
12-26-2021, 11:52 PM
Watching Shameless. The whole show should be just the hot girl, without clothes, jumping up and down.

IdolEyes787
12-27-2021, 06:53 PM
Watching Shameless. The whole show should be just the hot girl, without clothes, jumping up and down. Too often, shows think that they are something bigger than they actually are. Like this was ever some wry social commentary piece or anyone ever gave a fuck about any of the brothers.

Caballero
12-27-2021, 07:32 PM
Watched "Encanto" last night. I liked it. The kid not so much.

Funkin'
12-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Like this was ever some wry social commentary piece or anyone ever gave a fuck about any of the brothers.

Well said
Or typed
Whatever

megabyteme
12-28-2021, 06:31 AM
Watched "Encanto" last night. I liked it. The kid not so much.

Why were you watching with a kid you don't like? :drums:

Watching Shameless. The whole show should be just the hot girl, without clothes, jumping up and down.

I literally tracked that show down based on a pic of her someone posted on imgr.

Caballero
12-28-2021, 02:51 PM
Why were you watching with a kid you don't like? :drums:

Snack during intermission.

Funkin'
01-08-2022, 10:47 PM
Spring Breakers. Because of the recommendation from my sis and niece.

It sucked.

IdolEyes787
01-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Peacemaker Episode One. Percentage of population that are lesbians - 1%. Streaming shows that have lesbian characters - 100%.

IdolEyes787
01-17-2022, 11:07 PM
YouTube suggested this and though I didn't intend to I ended up watching it to the very end. :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtxiokrYpxw

megabyteme
01-28-2022, 10:55 PM
I can recommend Last Night in Soho (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9639470/)

Cubbie
01-29-2022, 03:44 AM
The 355 (2022) (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8356942/)

IdolEyes787
02-04-2022, 05:49 PM
Reacher (2022) I'm enjoying it. The characters are good but the plot is a bit thin to sustain for eight episodes.

Caballero
02-13-2022, 09:47 PM
Power Book IV: Force

I really didn't give a shit about Tariq or Kanan, but I missed Tommy. Two episodes in, I ain't disappointed.

Caballero
02-14-2022, 07:28 PM
Reacher (2022) I'm enjoying it. The characters are good but the plot is a bit thin to sustain for eight episodes.

Two episodes in. Not impressed by the acting.

IdolEyes787
02-14-2022, 08:18 PM
Then again, you like Power so glass houses or something.

My biggest complaint about Reacher is the last episode is pretty ludicrous. A cacophony ridiculousness. It doesn't so much stretch plausibility as rip it into a thousand tiny pieces, bury it out in the woods and then salt the ground around it. Still, genuine guy stuff where the principle characters aren't all evil and/or criminals is so hard to find nowadays, I'm totally up for a second season. :)

Caballero
02-20-2022, 12:24 AM
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/1081540946/better-call-saul-atlanta-russian-doll-tv-season-wait-time

Good read. Very true.

IdolEyes787
03-19-2022, 12:49 AM
Deep Water (2022) Hamstrings itself badly from the outset by serving up some thoroughly unlikable main characters. Also for a movie purported to be an erotic thriller, directed by the undisputed king of erotic thrillers- Adrian Lyne , there is remarkably little either erotism or thrills but I guess such are the times we live in. At least it isn't a three hour superhero movie.

korogipys
03-20-2022, 10:28 PM
Fury.

Stehle
04-16-2022, 05:57 PM
Yesterday I mini-binged the first two episodes of "Outer Range"... I give it two thumbs up and can't wait for the next two, next week! :)

(Yeah, probably not for everyone, but I have a tendency to gravitate to strange things.) :alien:

I think "From", "Severance" and "PB: Force" have probably ended their seasons... I have to look to the future... though I will miss Tommy and Mark. 'nuff said. ;)

Next up... I can finally finish "Clarkson's Farm" from last year... yep, I like funny farm'in shows as well. :)

Caballero
04-16-2022, 11:11 PM
Next up... I can finally finish "Clarkson's Farm" from last year... yep, I like funny farm'in shows as well. :)

Check out Hammond's Garage as well, then. Not quite as entertaining, but still a good waste of time.

IdolEyes787
05-06-2022, 04:40 PM
I did end up watching The Contractor (2022) and it did end up being incredibly bad. Streaming service movie, who'd have figured?

charlga
05-16-2022, 06:54 AM
Mini-series Clark has bunch of great actors and nice music

Stehle
06-18-2022, 03:34 PM
Okay, A quick mention... "The Old Man"... I really enjoyed it and feel it's off to a good start! :)

I finally got around to viewing "Everything Everywhere All at Once" ...probably not everyone's cup of tea when it comes multiverses, but I enjoyed it immensely! :)

(Perhaps it was just... my state of mind ...when viewing this film, but I think I feel an Oscar nomination of some kind in it's future.) ;) :alien:

As a comedy series... "The Outlaws" was a scream... and made me think back to an age of shoveling curbs in NJ, showing my mates how to fish gonzo style in the Delaware river on our lunch breaks. True Story... good times. ;)

Honorable mentions for me lately are: "Tehran", "Night Sky", "Shining Girls", "The Offer" and a few more. Guess it's time to start bingeing some 'Trek series... think I'll start on the 2nd season of "Picard". :)

megabyteme
06-18-2022, 06:46 PM
The Old Man caught my eye in a preview. I will have to give it a viewing soon. Thanks for the recommendation and reminder.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2022, 11:06 AM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/jeff-bridges-cancer-covid-battle-1235165272/

I can't help but believe that was God getting back at him for RIPD.

Caballero
06-19-2022, 06:36 PM
Okay, A quick mention... "The Old Man"... I really enjoyed it and feel it's off to a good start! :)

I finally got around to viewing "Everything Everywhere All at Once" ...probably not everyone's cup of tea when it comes multiverses, but I enjoyed it immensely! :)

(Perhaps it was just... my state of mind ...when viewing this film, but I think I feel an Oscar nomination of some kind in it's future.) ;) :alien:

As a comedy series... "The Outlaws" was a scream... and made me think back to an age of shoveling curbs in NJ, showing my mates how to fish gonzo style in the Delaware river on our lunch breaks. True Story... good times. ;)

Honorable mentions for me lately are: "Tehran", "Night Sky", "Shining Girls", "The Offer" and a few more. Guess it's time to start bingeing some 'Trek series... think I'll start on the 2nd season of "Picard". :)

+1 for The Old Man. Tehran will be next for me.

I do like the new Star Trek: Strange New Worlds show. If you have not watched it, yet, you might also want to consider Star Trek Continues.

Caballero
06-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Watched Bosch: Legacy this weekend. I was not disappointed, though the story seemed a little flimsy at times. Good set-up for the next season.

Treated myself to The Northman last night. WTF was that, besides two hours of my life that I will never get back?

snowflake222
06-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Watched Bosch: Legacy this weekend. I was not disappointed, though the story seemed a little flimsy at times. Good set-up for the next season.

Treated myself to The Northman last night. WTF was that, besides two hours of my life that I will never get back?

Northman seems pretty tame compared to Crimes of the Future in regards to 2 hours of your life you will never get back. That movie was one big WTF from begining to end, and when it does end you are compelled to yell WTF.

Caballero
06-30-2022, 04:14 PM
Sherwood: Better than expected

Tom Swift: Just can't get into it.

Motherland Fort Salem: Suddenly remembered why I stopped watching it during season 2.

IdolEyes787
06-30-2022, 04:38 PM
Tom Swift: Just can't get into it.

Swift is now a wealthy gay black man.... Jesus Christ, can't these fucking fuckers simply leave anything alone?

I also see that it's a spin-off of Nancy Drew which I lasted with right up until one minute into the first episode when Nancy had anal sex with some dude.

megabyteme
06-30-2022, 05:19 PM
That Nancy Poo knows how to make an entrance...

IdolEyes787
07-02-2022, 01:10 AM
I'm in the middle of The Terminal List and it just wrote itself into a terrible plot decision that there is no coming back from. Heroes need to hero you fucking millennial fucks.

Stehle
08-04-2022, 03:28 PM
"Reservation Dogs" second season... I'm in... after all... "Catfish is life." :)

Honorable mention to... "Colosseum" for a documentary or doc-drama... some very interesting history or shite I didn't know. ;)

IdolEyes787
08-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Prey (2022) - To summarize every streaming movie with a female lead from the past five years...Ever since she was a little girl, they told her that she couldn't do it.

megabyteme
08-05-2022, 05:52 PM
"Tatanka. Tatanka."-- Kevin Costner, 2022

ula111
08-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Last chance u (2016) - Tv sport show.
Pretty good one but not much popular.

IdolEyes787
08-13-2022, 06:45 PM
Tales of the Walking Dead S01E01. Terrible beyond all reason and the preview of the second episode makes that one look even worse if that's possible. I mean at the bare minimum, put some good, attractive actors on screen that might actually make people forget how horrible everything else about this series is. But no can't do that because we need to use some talentless D listers because the average moron recognizes them from someplace.

megabyteme
08-13-2022, 08:45 PM
Well tell us...who'd you recognize from somewhere??

IdolEyes787
08-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Your Mom from that interracial gangbang video.

megabyteme
08-15-2022, 08:29 PM
Isn't that the one that got banned for its extensive use of migrant workers and Haitian boat people? Some of her finest work from what I hear.

IdolEyes787
08-21-2022, 11:16 PM
House of the Dragon. So far it's kinda like Game of Thrones only with uglier, less charismatic actors. I think it's going to be a huge failure unless something changes but the again I won't watch The Crown on a bet.

IdolEyes787
08-24-2022, 12:23 AM
Top Gun: Maverick

Tom Cruise makes crowd-pleasing movies that don't preach or completely insult my intelligence. I'm sure Disney wants him dead. 9/10. Should be seen on a big screen with big sound.

Btw the P-51 Mustang used in the end scene is Cruise's own plane and one of the only two flyable P-51's left in existence. It's good to be the king.

Caballero
08-24-2022, 03:54 AM
"Kleo"

https://www.netflix.com/title/81216677

A true story that is entirely made up. Entertaining. Brings back memories...

I refuse to watch the dubbed version, so get the original if you can.

IdolEyes787
08-24-2022, 05:53 PM
Jella Haase ("Suck Me Shakespeer") stars in this fast-paced spy thriller by Viviane Andereggen and Jano Ben Chaabane.

I don't know about the woke female entitlement shite but I would totally watch Suck Me Shakespeer.

Stehle
08-26-2022, 03:16 PM
"Nope" (2022) Unique! Good stuff in my alien opinion! :)

Honorable mentions... Five Days at Memorial

You haven't really felt alive until after 1/3 of your roof blows off... and during the 'eye' wall you stand on top up there to try to shore the other 2/3 so it too doesn't fly away! Well done and still gives me shivers! :pinch:

IdolEyes787
08-26-2022, 03:42 PM
Jordan Peele is like the M. Night Shyamalan of Black directors*.

*Good first film and then every other one thereafter kinda sucks while still adhering to same basic twisty gimmick.
I can't wait until he tries his hand at Airbender.

Caballero
08-26-2022, 07:50 PM
I don't know about the woke female entitlement shite but I would totally watch Suck Me Shakespeer.

Well, the first one was good, the second one was okay; after that the franchise went downhill... Kind of like the old "Police Academy".

If you prefer your sucking in Spanish, there's a Mexican remake of the movie, too.

IdolEyes787
09-02-2022, 07:13 PM
The Rings of Power E01 and E02.
So far it has the production value of Game of Thrones with the script quality of The Fast and the Furious. Still waiting for a rootable character. I'm assuming no one liked Legolas in the LotR so good idea going down that route, geniuses.

Want to add that something is janky with the IMDB user ratings because there's none below a six. Seven is about fair but I'm suppose to believe that there isn't some person that's been flooding the internet with negativity towards Amazon's take for the last year that didn't rate it a 1.

Funkin'
09-03-2022, 10:18 PM
I'm hooked on Teen Titans Go!

Yeah, it's cartoon. Cartoons are bomb

Caballero
09-19-2022, 02:12 AM
SEAL Team S06E01

1. Surprise. Thought it was cancelled.
2. Completely forgot how the last season ended.
3. Don't judge.

mawmee
09-25-2022, 01:00 AM
Nothing but old school cartoons lately... trying to get a friend's kid hooked on it... thundercats, voltron, heathcliff, etc.

Caballero
10-28-2022, 07:34 PM
All Quiet of the Western Front (2022)

Good movie. Not as good as the original from 1930.

Also not as pretty pictures as "1917".

IdolEyes787
10-28-2022, 09:16 PM
All Quiet of the Western Front (2022)

Good movie. Not as good as the original from 1930.

Pretty sure I saw a version with Richard Thomas. I get the point but can't say that I really like the whole everything is horrible and everyone dies scenario. If I have to suffer through that then I prefer Peckinpah's Cross of Iron because at least there's boobs.

Caballero
10-28-2022, 10:16 PM
Well, they did not all die. Only about 10 million or so. So this movie is not as dark as you make it out to be.

Stehle
11-14-2022, 04:08 PM
"Tulsa King" Episode 1 Season1... Okay, I found it a bit funny and Stallone pulls his character off to a good start, so we'll just have to see what the future holds for this show.

Bonus... I've never been to Tulsa. ;)

We all get old.

@Cab: Sorry about the finger mate. :(

Funkin'
01-05-2023, 01:06 AM
Your mom on the toilet

Caballero
01-07-2023, 07:42 PM
Well, finally caught up on a couple of series I never watched/finished while on a plane this week...

1. BMF -- If you like Snowfall, you'll like BMF. Coincidentally, season 2 just started this week.

2. Pennyworth -- Still like it, even after season 4. It's rare that a show holds my interest that long.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi -- Meh. You can watch it. You don't have to.

Next on the list: The Mosquito Coast, season 2, and Andor.

Caballero
01-20-2023, 04:55 AM
Tulsa King

Well, it had it's moments. Started strong. Held my attention pretty much to the end. But the ending just plain sucked (too rushed/too predictable) and they really could have made more out of the relationship with the ATF agent (was that horse lady just filler?).

I don't know. Probably will watch season 2 if there ever is one. But still only 7/10.

Anustard
01-20-2023, 02:38 PM
Caught up on "The Boys" S03 and was pleasantly surprised and disturbed.
For a more wholesome experience I recommend "My Boys" S01-S04

Rerecros
03-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Im currently rewatching stargate! I watched Andor as well recently which was also a good watch.

dion09529
03-07-2023, 04:48 PM
Dateline Secrets Uncovered S11E14

When college student Mackenzie Lueck vanishes from a park in Salt Lake City, her friends are dedicated to finding answers; the search makes national headlines, and the investigation reveals a secret that stuns even her closest friends.

Stehle
03-13-2023, 07:12 PM

Yeah, 7 out of 11... not too shabby.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2023, 08:44 PM
Everything Everywhere All at Once reviewed in one word or less. Tiring.
Also, and let's be real, if Ke Huy Quan wins for this then he was royally stiffed for The Goonies because Data basically rules.

dion09529
04-23-2023, 04:51 PM
Extralarge Cannonball

Stehle
05-08-2023, 04:15 PM
Well the season is done... "Rabbit Hole" with Kiefer Sutherland gets high marks as I found it most enjoyable. :)

Though not over... A close second is... "Waco The Aftermath" because I like the actors and I'm a bit of a history buff.

I have saved the third season of "Star Trek: Picard" for a special time of my choosing. ;)

"Snowfall" and so many others at this time escape me, but a general theme as far as a scene offerings always see to leads me to choose NTb as far as their quality and the fact they have the best subtitle selection which now I seem to need. ;)

Caballero
05-08-2023, 06:32 PM
Absolutely agree as far as NTb is concerned. Ditto on Snowfall. Haven't watched Rabbit Hole yet.

And I enjoyed season 3 of Picard, but I feel it got a little too campy towards the end...

Stehle
05-09-2023, 04:00 PM
Well there is one other that comes to mind today... "Silo" although just starting with the first two episodes out... it is excellent!!! :)

The visuals (NTb of course), are outstanding! I would highly recommend reading the series starting with "Wool" by Hugh Howey which I had read years ago.

Its a bit funny how your minds eye or your imagination can be so spot-on with seeing the scenes duplicated in a story you read and enjoyed so many years ago, but I digress.

@Cab Thanks again for all your efforts, you are appreciated.

Caballero
05-13-2023, 04:46 PM
Watched "AIR" yesterday. Enjoyed it very much.

Wife made me watch "Book Club 2". Not so much.

Caballero
05-17-2023, 04:46 AM
"SISU"

Won't win any Oscars. Not quite as enjoyable as John Wick. About the same amount of dialogue and violence.

Stehle
05-18-2023, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I felt kind of the same with "SISU", but speaking of Oscars...

My early prediction would be... at least so far this year mind ya... "Guy Ritchie's The Covenant" Again, probably it was just me or my state of mind at the time, BUT...

It just seemed to have the right formula... story, acting, empathy, ultra violence needed for a conclusion or end. Remember... I'm just going by what films I have viewed so far this year.

If it tugged on enough heart strings it may get an Oscar nod for something. ;)

That being said... I see a bit of a future for a book that has been made into a film perhaps later this fall. ;)

Not currently reading... finished it a while ago. You'll see the post.

I haven't watched "AIR" yet, so it's now in my cue. :)

IdolEyes787
05-18-2023, 12:14 PM
I literally couldn't get past the first 30 minutes of The Covenant so I read what happened on Wikipedia. True story. All in all, given Guy Richie is a fucktard of a director, seemed a good decision on my part.

Caballero
05-21-2023, 10:46 PM
Dungeons & Dragons -- Entertaining when I watched it. Already forgot what it was about.

Super Mario Bros. -- Better than expected. Never had any Nintendo systems (grew up playing Atari), but what little I know about their games I recognized in the movie. Well done.

Renfield -- definitely this weekend's winner.

Stehle
05-22-2023, 02:26 PM
My kids, now grown men would probably get a kick outta "Super Mario Bros.", which I viewed yesterday. I was more of a PC geek, but as far as Nintendo or PlayStation later it was Metal Gear for me. I would tend to agree better than expected... kinda of a vegetative state good popcorn type movie. ;)

"Tetris"on the other hand (Which I must confess, never played.), seemed to have a decent based on true story formula and now I understand were I heard the name Maxwell before {gag} predatory family me thinks. All in all better than I thought it would be.

Now I guess I'm going to give the second season of "Yellowjackets" a whirl as I like bizarre mysteries. ;)

mteksourcing
06-08-2023, 06:46 AM
Mostly, I can call myself a binge-watcher. I like K-dramas and US dramas and movies.

My most recent watch was Tu Jothi Main Makar; it was a good watch.

megabyteme
06-16-2023, 11:41 AM
I'm a bit behind on entertainment, but kinda liked Grey Man with Gosling and Cap'n Merka. Definitely a formula-driven movie but had enough action to keep it interesting. Honestly only a 6.5 or 7 out of 10, but watchable if you don't expect too much from it.

Stehle
06-17-2023, 04:14 PM
"Black Mirror" Season Six... What can be said of this anthology series... well this season there are more episodes again (5) this Twilight Zone type series started out in the UK with just 3 episodes. Currently on Netfix... and I enjoy most stories that although quite bizarre at times, they are and always will be a staple of my viewing diet.

They do make you think however... If anon's avatar had a crack in the center... well, you'd know what I mean ;)

megabyteme
06-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Stehle! Didn't know it was back. Definitely on my watch-now list

IdolEyes787
06-19-2023, 11:24 AM
I get Black Panther and everything but I really can't see a mirror being a very good superhero.:unsure:

Stehle
06-19-2023, 02:43 PM
I get Black Panther and everything but I really can't see a mirror being a very good superhero.:unsure:

I don't truly know Meg... but I do wonder at times what if Idol actually thinks. I'm pretty sure he means well. :unsure:

You're welcome btw... it's been kinda dry on the small screen lately for me and the juries sill out on the "The Walking Dead: Dead City" after only the first episode.

In the film news I watched "About My Father" yesterday... which was very appropriate given the holiday. It was quite humorous to me! :happy:

On the ultra-violence screen home front I can only recommend "Extraction 2"...I wonder if someone kept track of the gunshots like John Wick films and the word "family" in the latest offering "Fast X" of the Fast franchise.

And here I thought that I needed a life... their are way too many out there that have too much time on their hands. ;)

I think I'll view "Kandahar" this afternoon, keeping with a desert theme... I hope I find another gem like "The Covenant". 'nuff said.

megabyteme
06-20-2023, 08:25 PM
I'm not certain a ne'er-do-well can mean well :idunno:

I am always up for a little bit of the old ultraviolence. Except for when they killed Glenn. That ended the whole Walking Dead universe for me. Good short-term drama, poor planning for the future of the show...

Black Mirror would have the power of self-reflection. Sadly, his weakness is hard objects.

IdolEyes787
06-21-2023, 12:10 AM
Black Mirror would have the power of self-reflection. Sadly, his weakness is hard objects. And vampires, obviously.

stkjock
06-28-2023, 12:38 PM
"Black Mirror" Season Six... What can be said of this anthology series... well this season there are more episodes again (5) this Twilight Zone type series started out in the UK with just 3 episodes. Currently on Netfix... and I enjoy most stories that although quite bizarre at times, they are and always will be a staple of my viewing diet.
thanks for the suggestion

Stehle
07-02-2023, 05:55 PM
I believe it's from Apple TV+... but "Hijack" a thriller staring Idris Elba after only two episodes is showing me some promise on the small screen. We'll just have to see. :)

Stehle
07-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Hmm... Paramount+ or Amazon... not real sure, but "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" season four... well I've only been able to view the first two episodes, but know two more are available... {sigh} ...perhaps I'll wait another 24 hours and they'll just magically appear...

Just kidding! ;) So far it looks very promising and I always have enjoyed Tom Clancy's novels and the Jack Ryan TV series series. If you like action thillerr with a plot... Definitely a good bet in my humble opinion! :)

IdolEyes787
07-07-2023, 11:40 PM
Hmm... Paramount+ or Amazon... not real sure, but "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" season four... well I've only been able to view the first two episodes, but know two more are available... {sigh} ...perhaps I'll wait another 24 hours and they'll just magically appear...

Just kidding! ;) So far it looks very promising and I always have enjoyed Tom Clancy's novels and the Jack Ryan TV series series. If you like action with a plot... Definitely a good bet in my humble opinion! :)

I thought Season 1 was really good. Season 2 pretty good and Season 3 kind of awful. I have watched S04E01 and didn't think much of it. I haven't read any of the novels but have seen all the movies and I think Jack Ryan is best when he's underestimated and the underdog. If I wanted Rambo, I like you know, watch Rambo.

Stehle
07-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Just wanted to say...

For all those who have been filling out the NZB grabs here on FST, you are now and have always have been appreciated.

You have further expanded on the offerings with many things that others may find interesting. People will take notice of the burden you carry.

Hopefully, someday others may have popular suggestions or program for the future. You know who you are.

...an extra thanks. :)

Stehle
07-09-2023, 04:22 PM
Just a quick nod to Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3... never was much of a Marvel Universe fan., (more of a DC® comic fan myself)... BUT yesterday it rained heavily, beating down the heat that has been so oppressive on many of us so recently... and I got lost in it! :happy: Good Stuff! CGI and all! Keep it Up! :)

KillerMoth
07-12-2023, 01:42 PM
I agree that Marvel’s Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was pretty good, but I do think the first two movies in the series were better. However it was much better than most of the movies Marvel has been putting out lately.

pootystomp
07-13-2023, 01:19 AM
I have a hard time finding shit to watch with my wife, she hates everything. A couple of shows that fit the bill for both of us are "Platonic" and "After Party".

gnsmitty
07-13-2023, 10:12 PM
Just finished watching Ted Lasso. Not being a big football fan, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

bone409
07-23-2023, 01:51 PM
Justified Primeval and Hijack are good views.. better than some out right now.

Dingo
07-24-2023, 03:22 PM
Deadloch, Ted Lasso, Yellow Jackets, Hello Tomorrow, Girls5Eva, Servant, Sweet Tooth, Lucky Hank. All great and bingeable.

Caballero
08-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Cannes Confidential

A hot mess. Even after watching the last episode I still did not have the slightest clue about what the actual story line was all about. Won't rewatch to find out.

Domina

Three episodes into season 2. Love it.

Grantchester

Season 8. It's time to come to an end. That constant priestly self-pity just ain't attractive.

Justified City Primeval

Almost as good as the original. But only almost.

Caballero
08-12-2023, 09:06 PM
Asteroid City

Well, it's a Wes Anderson movie, so I was not surprised by what I got. Still did not like it as much as I had expected.

Extraction 2

Not as good as the first one. Not a must-see by a long shot.

IdolEyes787
08-13-2023, 11:23 AM
Justified City Primeval

Almost as good as the original. But only almost. Big fan of the original but gave up after three episodes on this one. Lacking some things up to that point at least that made the original so good. Memorable secondary characters. Compelling storytelling. Pathos. Plus if I'm quibbling, the music is mostly inappropriate and kinda awful. Maybe with a better casting director. Maybe.

Yellow Jackets... great and bingeable. I would literally rather tear off a hangnail.

Caballero
08-13-2023, 02:29 PM
Big fan of the original but gave up after three episodes on this one. Lacking some things up to that point at least that made the original so good. Memorable secondary characters. Compelling storytelling. Pathos. Plus if I'm quibbling, the music is mostly inappropriate and kinda awful. Maybe with a better casting director. Maybe.

Nah. What it is, is, it's got no Walton Goggins.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2023, 10:34 AM
If you wanted to get hit in the front, you should've run towards me.

Stehle
08-15-2023, 03:27 AM
Nah. What it is, is, it's got no Walton Goggins.

Yup, I totally agree. We have to have us some Boyd Crowder! :yup:

Caballero
08-17-2023, 12:27 AM
Warrior - Season 3

Still one of the best damned western shows on TV today. Season 3 concludes tomorrow.

Tovi42
08-23-2023, 06:39 AM
The Covenant on Prime, finally watching Ratched

Stehle
09-15-2023, 02:46 PM
The film "Jules" I think should deserve some kind of Oscar nod... not because I'm slowly losing my fight with the struggles of age and not because with three other witnesses I saw a UFO craft of definite extraterrestrial origin back in 1973 in the N.J. pine barrens, but because I totally enjoyed the movie, the premise, the simplicity of the story and the way it was told. :)

'nuff said. ;)

Caballero
09-28-2023, 02:25 PM
Obituary

Basically an Irish version of "Dexter"? Watched the first episode (out of six); it seems to have potential.

SilverHawk
10-03-2023, 07:30 AM
I recently saw, "Talk to Me". Really well made horror flick. a touch of mental illness and it felt pretty real.

KillerMoth
10-24-2023, 03:11 AM
Gen V is pretty good on Amazon prime.

Stehle
10-25-2023, 04:38 AM
"Fall of the House of Usher"... ya just gotta get some Poe on! ;)

SantaKlaus666
10-25-2023, 09:03 AM
I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but Bosch still is a great easy watch.

IdolEyes787
10-25-2023, 11:12 AM
"Fall of the House of Usher"... ya just gotta get some Poe on! ;) You can't beat the old Vincent Price/ Edgar Allan Poe ones. The Pit and the Pendulum, The Mask of the Red Death/ proper House of Usher.

megabyteme
10-28-2023, 01:37 PM
I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but Bosch still is a great easy watch.

I watched the first couple seasons of Bosch and just couldn't buy him as a tough guy. Maybe his past work gave him that edge out of reputation, but he just didn't convince me.

Caballero
12-18-2023, 09:19 PM
Our Flag Means Death, Season 2

Liked (loved?) season 1. Season 2 just plain sucked. Or maybe my expectations were just too high.

Four hours of my life I will never get back.

IdolEyes787
01-16-2024, 09:27 PM
Watch the first episode of Season 4 of True Detective. It was very femalecentric but except for the South Park "make her a lesbian" part and the female cop easily taking down the 200+lbs man trope and the every man is either evil or ineffectual trope and the incredibly bad animal cgi it was alright.

Caballero
01-16-2024, 11:12 PM
If you want to watch a more manly show, go catch "Monsieur Spade". First episode started a little slow, but the last five minutes made it all worthwhile.

IdolEyes787
01-17-2024, 12:32 AM
Clive Owen used to be on my short list of actors most representative of what I look for in a male heroic character. He hasn't aged well though. Looking a little like an older Albert Finney now. Maybe like Bogart the looks or age don't matter though. Thanks, I might give it a look but true be told I dislike aging hero stories except for maybe Robin and Marion with Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn.

whodunnit
02-04-2024, 03:37 AM
Season 2 of Reacher was pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as season 1, but they have me on the hook now. Looking forward to season 3.

Caballero
02-28-2024, 10:15 PM
Watching the first two episodes of "Shogun".

Me likes. Though the subtitles are annoying. At some point they could just dub all the dialogue; they made their point...

Stehle
02-29-2024, 12:09 AM
Watching the first two episodes of "Shogun".

Me likes. Though the subtitles are annoying. At some point they could just dub all the dialogue; they made their point...

I'll be on it soon Thanks! I've gotten used to most subtitles... truth be known, well I've had to. I'm guessing your not a fan of "Tokyo Vice"... shame I've been watching it since last season.

I like! :)

sam007
02-29-2024, 04:55 PM
i recently watch the last airbender.

Caballero
03-02-2024, 09:05 PM
I'm guessing your not a fan of "Tokyo Vice"... shame I've been watching it since last season.

I like! :)

Oh no, I am watching that one, too. Good stuff.

But just like Shogun one of those shows you cannot just have run in the background.

Stehle
03-03-2024, 02:26 AM
Glad to hear it! :)

Okay, now this may blow you mind... I'm getting into "Constellation" the whole multiverse (theory), hallucinatory, I think I know what's going on stuff. ;)

To top that all off... speaking of subtitles and ALL foreign language audio, I dabbled a bit in "House of Ninjas" which is not bad at all so far!

(If it does have English audio, well perhaps I just haven't found it yet... or perhaps I don't want to!)

It's not all chop-socky and actually has a plot that is kinda cool! :)

Stehle
03-30-2024, 01:50 AM
"American Rust" Season 2... hits all the right stuff for me! :)

Caballero
03-31-2024, 02:45 PM
"American Rust" Season 2... hits all the right stuff for me! :)

Defnitely on my list to watch... Let's see...

The Completely made-up Adventures of Dick Turbin -- Fun, entertaining, nothing to take seriously. Only six episodes, so you can binge it in one afternoon.

A Gentleman in Moscow -- Watched first episode, I think it has potential.

Tokyo Vice -- Love it. Highly recommended.

Shogun -- Same.

Girls on the Bus could be good. Haven't watched 3 Body Problem, yet. Not sure about Palm Royale.

Stehle
04-01-2024, 02:13 AM
Great looking watch list! :)

A Gentleman in Moscow and 3 Body Problem* are going on my yet to watch list. I will take your recommendation on the former and the latter intrigues me... (listened to the audio books) ...they're excellent. If the series is anywhere near that on the enjoyment scale, we're in for a treat! :)

Cab, I haven't really ever been regretting any of your recommendations, thanks! ;)

*Don't you just love getting a whole season in one go. Quite binge-able if you have the time.

Edit: Hmm... Just added "Parish" looked interesting...

IdolEyes787
04-11-2024, 08:35 PM
Watched the first 3?? episodes of Fallout. Highly praised around the interweb but so far I'm not feeling it. The tone is all over the place and the whole thing seems like a series of random vignettes and not a single well-constructed story. Thought a lot of The Last of Us was great but this, not so much.

Stehle
04-12-2024, 12:02 AM
Watched "Parish"... loved the Blues background music... it may be decent as TV shows go lately. :yes:

Caught the fist two episodes of "Sugar"...the film noir references are well timed and it amazes me how many of those movie clips so briefly shown that I actually remember... damn I'm getting old. ;)

I believe I have the first season of "Fallout", as Idol was so kind to mention it... One, because I like the actor Walton Goggins, Two, because Idol said, "...I'm not feeling it.", so I probably need give it a preliminary look see for myself. :ermm:

megabyteme
04-12-2024, 10:55 AM
Hi guys!

I haven't been watching much for quite a while, but had hopes for Fallout. They had me with a description that included 'violence' maybe even 'hyperviolence'. Nothing better than violent individuals indulging in a diet of energy drinks and meth mixed with coke.

As for an upcoming movie I'll see in the theater...Fall Guy looks like a fun time.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2024, 11:13 AM
Caught the fist two episodes of "Sugar"...the film noir references are well timed and it amazes me how many of those movie clips so briefly shown that I actually remember... damn I'm getting old. ;)

Thanks but I've already seen the no doubt better non-navel gazing version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIgTl-rXmOk&t=2s

Stehle
04-13-2024, 12:35 AM
Nothing better than violent individuals indulging in a diet of energy drinks and meth mixed with coke.

As for an upcoming movie I'll see in the theater...Fall Guy looks like a fun time.

Who needs energy drinks? ;)

"Fall Guy" looks like a must see movie, gotta luv that theater popcorn too! :yup:

megabyteme
04-13-2024, 10:25 AM
We've taken the kids (now 14yo) to a few movies. It has turned out nice each time. Most recent one was Five Nights at Freddy's. Totally worth it to give my son a lifetime of being terrified of animatronic dolls.

grizzli
04-30-2024, 10:13 PM
Tokyo Vice -- Love it. Highly recommended.
I agree :yup:
In the same vein (with more action), I would recommend Bloodhounds.

Stehle
05-05-2024, 01:47 AM
Okay, not giving away any spoilers here... but how many folks out there are watching "Sugar" and recently watched episode 6?

I'm not going to say what may be foremost on everyone's minds right now that have watched it from the beginning, but isn't it nice to figure shite out, without really truly knowing? ;)

Caballero
05-05-2024, 03:54 AM
It's on my list, and I was about to start it, but it got preempted by season 3 of Clarkson's Farm... :)

Stehle
05-06-2024, 01:08 AM
Thanks! I watched the first 4 episodes of "Clarkson's Farm"... looks another big season on the farm! One of my favorite shows! :)

Stehle
05-07-2024, 03:11 AM
I also watched the first two episodes of "The Veil" recently... as for most miniseries thrillers... So far so good! :)

You may remember Elisabeth Moss (The staring role again.) from Margaret Atwood's TV adaptation of her novel "The Handmaid's Tale". She shined in that and may shine even brighter in "The Veil" IMHO. You may want to check it out.

Stehle
05-21-2024, 02:47 AM
After watching a few episodes of "Outer Range" season 2... I'm going to binge the rest tomorrow! Can't wait!!! Good Stuff! :)

Caballero
05-22-2024, 05:21 PM
Finally got around to watch "Fallout".

Liked it.