PDA

View Full Version : Uncomfortable Silences

4th gen
01-16-2004, 06:46 AM
i'm not really using MSN messenger as much just now as i used to. Among the list of reasons why i'm not using it is the "uncomfortable silences" problem

over the time i've had msn, i've accumulated quite a large number of contacts (37 at the moment, i think)

i only frequently talk to about 4 or 5 of those on my list, the rest of the people i talk to either infrequently or not at all

when i see the people that i don't talk to sign in, i feel very awkward, i don't know if i should try to speak to them or if they might be speaking to other people or they might be related to the account owners or what...

anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and any mesaures they took to solve/ease the situation...?

tia for any help/advice :)

asmithz
01-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah i have the problem. If you have nothing importing to tell them then you shouldn't have the obligation to talk.

abu_has_the_power
01-16-2004, 07:00 AM
i have this prob. about 1/4 of my contact list on aim are people that i don't even remember from a long time ago. i don't even know some of their names! try talkin to them! ha. hello, who r u again? lol.

100%
01-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Change email adress?
:blink:
Problem solved
:D

uNz[i]
01-16-2004, 11:47 AM
If you don't chat with them anymore, just remove them from your contact list.
If they really want to get in touch, they still have your email addy.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-16-2004, 02:14 PM
It is just as easy for the to speak to you first, so you are not obligated to make the first move. If you were in the pub and recognised a guy coming in but you were with your close pals would you go over and speak to him, or just leave it thinking, &#39;I will catch him later on&#39;? It&#39;s not worth getting phased about I think, just my opinion. :)

wormless
01-16-2004, 02:36 PM
yeah remove them or block them upto you though. i only had that porb with one so i locked him cause i didnt know why he was on there anyway i had forgotten

[B][O][T]
01-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Delete or block them :)

BOT