View Full Version : Ip Address

Maximus359
01-29-2004, 03:11 AM
Hey all, i went to a web site where i did test of my computers weakness.

I found out that i had a couple 1 was USB plug & play device opening the internet for hackers & the other was me IP address, not fussed about that really untill it said that it was being brodcasted from the server? i was confused as all the other tests passed with flying colours execpt me IP.

I run Zonealarm Pro on me comp & it stealths all me ports & activity, but whats the point if i give me IP address on a plate to you?

Is there anyway of masking it so anyone can't get to it? Not like i wanna hide nothing :P but it's opening me to attacks from hackers.

Cheers

MAX

james_bond_rulez
01-29-2004, 03:15 AM
u dont need to hide it :P

KazaaBoy
01-29-2004, 03:57 AM
why not :blink: I have AOL and I have been trying to mask my IP address for a long time but no one knows how to do it on AOL. I use Internet Explorer to browse but AOL to connect. How would you mask it?

james_bond_rulez
01-29-2004, 04:10 AM
www.anonx.com ;)

Maximus359
01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah i think i should have mentioned me IP owner/server it is AOL :( I use IE6 instead of there crappy software. I think after 12 months i'll ship over to someone else.

vivitron 15
01-29-2004, 02:34 PM
if you broadcast no IP then you wont get any info from the web

basically, its the way that a website knows where to send to data to - no ip=no data