PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought.

Z
03-22-2003, 07:30 AM
SPOILER!!!
i just watched 8 mile. i thought it was really good until the ending! :( did ne1 else think it ended too abruptly? cuz i was expecting way more, and then the credits came on and i was just like What!? it wasnt even a real ending. nothing changed since the beginning except that he was the man. it should have told about his demo (im assuming Lose Yourself) and him making it, cuz i expected that from the beginning. ah well, it was good until then. is ne1 else kind of disappointed with the end?? also what happened about the girl? ah, maybe i just like happy endings...? :P

M|k0r
03-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeh the ending was shit!

He just walked off and that was it...

I thought it wud go further into like to see how he gets to the top etc

cooki
03-22-2003, 10:50 PM
but its leaves the film open to a sequel.
thou i doubt that this will happen

Z
03-23-2003, 12:43 AM
i highly doubt there will be a sequal, this is not that type of film, cuz we can assume whats gonna happen. :( :P

ezyryder
03-23-2003, 12:47 AM
I think they were trying to go for the sort of ending which gets you think "what happend next" "but...?" etc (such as gladiator, he just died) or the matrix (altho that was set up for a sequal). But in general, the films with the ending which leave u with an insatiable thirst usualy last longer in ones memory. However, 8 Mile did not reach this goal despite being in all a good film. Thats my views anyway.

Z
03-23-2003, 02:59 AM
actually i had the insatiable thirst. i was actually really pissed off for i while, cuz i expected a good ending the entire length of the movie, and the rest of it was so good. :angry:
the part where they rap out back of the plant with xzibit and no beat was kinda stupid tho! :P

Chilly
03-23-2003, 03:08 AM
I thought it was alright, i liked the bit where that dude shot himself, and the end battles, the lyrics where

Awsome. Would'nt watch it again tho, once was enough :lol:

Z
03-23-2003, 06:08 AM
ya the end battles were sick! too bad theyre not really freestyles, that would have been...whoa! :P

evisujedi
04-22-2003, 03:02 AM
The whole point to the ending was to show that he wasnt some bad ass, and he would just go back to work and stop living in dreamworld but wait for his dreams to come to him not him chasing his dreams :D

sk8punk151
04-22-2003, 04:59 AM
I didn't really like the movie. I remember at the movie theater watching the movie and thinking 'wtf is this part in the movie for'.. there were lots of scenes like that.. I thought the ending made the movie a lot worst then I had already thought and in my opinion EMINEM sucks at acting and shouldnt of began in the first place..

cheers

TRshady
04-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Yeah, the ending was a bit crap and I was expecting the final scene to be him performing in a concert (like in the lose yourself) video but I reckon the fact that he actually won the rap battles meant he was going to go on. Great film though, I don't know how you can say he's a bad actor though.

Skillian
04-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by evisujedi@22 April 2003 - 04:02
The whole point to the ending was to show that he wasnt some bad ass, and he would just go back to work and stop living in dreamworld but wait for his dreams to come to him not him chasing his dreams :D
Hey hey, someone got the point! :D It would have been lame to end with him going on to mega-stardom, we know that bit already. It was Jimmy Smith's breakthrough, and it would have been worse for an all out happy hollywood ending.

Weren't those final battles enough?! The best bit of the film I thought, and a much more powerful ending than him making a music video - how exciting would that have been?

scribblec
04-26-2003, 04:45 PM
there will be a sequel
in which he is making it big time with his lose yourself demo
either that or he will make a new song
and he will make it that way

Skillian
04-26-2003, 06:46 PM
I will be very very surprised (and disappointed) if there is a sequel to 8 mile. I bet there's a lot of studio execs telling Eminem to make one, but despite what some people think he is not a sell out and won't be making a sequel just for the cash.

I don't think it'll happen. The ending of 8 mile wasn't like that to leave the path for a sequel, it just wasn't wrapped up in a neat little bow.