PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems

DanB
10-31-2004, 02:57 PM
I can't connect to the board normally, it tells me it keeps timing out.

I have done some investigating and its this server here that is the cuplprit.
139.67-19-33.reverse.theplanet.com
IP Address: 67.19.33.139
Network: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-11

This happend to me again 10 days ago and I had to use a proxy for a week before I could coinnect and have had to do the same today.

Whats up? Anyone else having problems? :ermm:

lynx
10-31-2004, 03:10 PM
No problems here. Are you using some sort of address blocker? It is not unknown for people to maliciously send good addresses to the people who maintain them.

Instead of using a proxy, why don't you put the IP address and name into your hosts file? That will be far quicker, easier too.

DanB
10-31-2004, 03:11 PM
No problems here. Are you using some sort of address blocker? It is not unknown for people to maliciously send good addresses to the people who maintain them.

Instead of using a proxy, why don't you put the IP address and name into your hosts file? That will be far quicker, easier too.

What do i put where? :unsure:

I have no address blocking stuff on, it was working fine, then I pressed refresh and it was broke :(

BawA
10-31-2004, 03:14 PM
i get excatly same problem once in a while, if u search on this section i had many complenets of this kind :lol:

lynx
10-31-2004, 03:17 PM
you need the line

67.19.33.139 filesharingtalk.com

in your hosts file.

Assuming you are running XP the hosts file is located in
c:\<windows dir>/system32/etc/drivers

If you've already got one, simply use notepad to add that line.
If you haven't got one then notepad will probably call it "hosts.txt", you need to remove the ".txt" bit from the filename.

DanB
10-31-2004, 03:20 PM
the one that says Hosts.bak?

lynx
10-31-2004, 03:22 PM
No, that sounds like an old copy.

It is literally just called "hosts", no extensions or anything like that.

DanB
10-31-2004, 03:24 PM
No, that sounds like an old copy.

It is literally just called "hosts", no extensions or anything like that.

Okay, I changed the extension so it was just called HOSTS but it isn't making a difference, still just getting the timeouts :(

And then I removed it and created just a new one with that adress in it and its just the same. Thanks for trying though Lynx

lynx
10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Strange.
Was there anything else in that file?
Edit: ok, ignore that bit.

Mind you, this reminds me of a problem I was having a few weeks ago, I couldn't get through to a couple of random US sites, but no-one else seemed to have any problems. Like you, I could get through via a proxy.

Just blame the CIA, FBI, RIAA, or anyone else you care to think of.

tesco
10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Okay, I changed the extension so it was just called HOSTS but it isn't making a difference, still just getting the timeouts :(

And then I removed it and created just a new one with that adress in it and its just the same. Thanks for trying though Lynx
is it like that with all computers in your flat or just yours?

DanB
10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Strange.
Was there anything else in that file?
Edit: ok, ignore that bit.

Mind you, this reminds me of a problem I was having a few weeks ago, I couldn't get through to a couple of random US sites, but no-one else seemed to have any problems. Like you, I could get through via a proxy.

Just blame the CIA, FBI, RIAA, or anyone else you care to think of.

It just had some waffle about how to lay it out and it also had the 127.0.0.1 local host thing in it :unsure:

@ Rossco, its both pc's

tesco
10-31-2004, 04:12 PM
It just had some waffle about how to lay it out and it also had the 127.0.0.1 local host thing in it :unsure:

@ Rossco, its both pc's
Then the hosts file probably won't help. :no:

DanB
10-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Then the hosts file probably won't help. :no:

That's okay, there are others where I don't have this problem :D

lynx
10-31-2004, 04:21 PM
It would have helped if there was a DNS problem.

However, I'm also having problems connecting to various US based sites (such as torrentbits tracker and Stanford folding servers), but no probs with this site.

Sounds like a router in the US may be down/faulty.

DanB
10-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Did you have the problem a little while ago too Lynx? Like 10 days ago possibly :unsure:

tesco
10-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Maybe you two have the same ISP?

DanB
10-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Maybe you two have the same ISP?

Lynx are you with Pipex? :unsure:

lynx
10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
I think my problems were about 3 weeks ago.

And no, I'm not with Pipex, I use Prodigynet.

Cheese
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
I've been getting timeouts on the board as well Dan. I just put in down as the general crapness of this board and the "admin".

Rest assured, give it a few months, and we won't have any probelms. No board = no problems. :)

RealitY
10-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh ffs nice comment there indeed...

Peerzy
10-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Oh ffs nice comment there indeed...
Well its true. Who said lets move to VB? Krohn, the admin who hasnt been here since the change. the admin who doesnt have time to make a new front page so newcommers can ghet into the forum. the admin wgho said he could make amazing code in vb but has yet to make 1 change hta iv seen.