PDA

View Full Version : Way to remove the banner from my geocities site?

Vamp
11-11-2004, 07:56 PM
I've spent alot of time working on my www.neverdead.co.nr site, days in fact... But it just looks shoddy with those Geocities Banners on the right side! Is there any type of crack to get rid of them?

Tifosi
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
http://adblock.mozdev.org <--- Remove them client side with Adblock on firefox

Vamp
11-11-2004, 08:09 PM
something more universal that will work with everyone, not just an adblocker, more like a script or something to add to the page.

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 08:19 PM
I would think they might take "your site" down if you remove them banners.

If it is one of those "free web site" thingies.

natedogg
11-11-2004, 08:40 PM
get a http://www.tk/ and that seems to take the ads off

Barbarossa
11-12-2004, 11:36 AM
You used to be able to, but now I think they've gotten too smart..

orcutt989
11-13-2004, 03:28 AM
I dont think TK removes ads, at least just from my experience. It simply changes "omfg.members.fortunecit.com/games/omfg/jesus/momspage.html" to "site.tk"

http://smog.cjb.net/

That site always worked for me. Click Ad Kill. That got rid of geocities and fortunecity ads. But if they find out, they will get rid of your account.

tesco
11-13-2004, 04:17 AM
try using a better free host like www.freewebs.com or something.
geocities is shit.

orcutt989
11-13-2004, 04:22 AM
I agree, geocities sucks, and gives you crap space. And no FTP!!

Vamp
11-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I have 10GB of bandwith and file hosting with Streamload, but I can't write HTML for shit, so Geocities is really my only hope... At least my page doesn't always fuck out because of their shitty bandwith cap.

I dunno what I'd do if that site got shut down cuz I was killing banners... I spent ages making it!

No banners come up on the front page, I'm thinking because the adress there is a .co.nr redirection, but as soon as you go on other pages which are all links to Geocities hosted pages, I get banners... Maybe I should make each page a co.nr registered name and link to those!

Vamp
11-13-2004, 11:27 AM
By the way, Smog.cjb.net polluted my PC with so much spyware...

tesco
11-14-2004, 12:08 AM
I have 10GB of bandwith and file hosting with Streamload, but I can't write HTML for shit, so Geocities is really my only hope... At least my page doesn't always fuck out because of their shitty bandwith cap.

I dunno what I'd do if that site got shut down cuz I was killing banners... I spent ages making it!

No banners come up on the front page, I'm thinking because the adress there is a .co.nr redirection, but as soon as you go on other pages which are all links to Geocities hosted pages, I get banners... Maybe I should make each page a co.nr registered name and link to those!
go to your site>right click>view source>select all>copy>paste into notepad and name the file whatever.html.
then just upload it somewhere. :)

in the future you can use dreamweaver to make teh site, or just keep making them with geocities then copying and pasting the code.

Vamp
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Hey hey hey... nice idea! Do I have to do that too every page though?

Vamp
11-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Ok... That isn't gonna work... Way too time consuming and I can see myself making alot of errors, I just tried a test now and I fucked up alot of things...

Aren't there any cracks or anything?

RealitY
11-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Learn how to write your own and get off geocities, thats about the best you can do...

Vamp
11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
It's the internet... there HAS to be a crack!

:)

mojo2185
11-14-2004, 07:51 PM
There isn't. When you upload your html file, the geocities (or tripod that i use) adds their own scripts to the page to add banners.

The best that you can do is use a css script to cover the ads. On my site, i have a big black rectangle that covers my banners that blends into the background.

orcutt989
11-14-2004, 07:56 PM
By the way, Smog.cjb.net polluted my PC with so much spyware...

What are you talking about?

Vamp
11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
I went on there, went off after AVG caught alot of stuff and my PC was suddenly filled with D-Helper, Synchroad etc.

There are tons of Geocities banner killers here

http://www.jsmadeeasy.com/javascripts/Banners/list_test.asp

Thing is I made my page with Pagebuilder so I wouldn't know where to insert that script.