Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: VPNs becoming mainstream

Quote Originally Posted by deids View Post
    I have heard good things about MullVad but have'nt tried.
    Someone recently shared an account with me, and I must say they're very good. My only complaint is that their IPv6 support comes in the form of a single ULA, which means no end-to-end connectivity and no subnetting (unless you resort to double NAT ). Then again, very few VPN services offer true IPv6.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    are you guys using a vpn already to connect to this board or is this more related to later business?

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by landau08 View Post
    are you guys using a vpn already to connect to this board
    Of course, wouldn't want the Internet police to rail me for dissing Idol and posting music videos.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

Of course, wouldn't want the Internet police to rail me for dissing Idol ....
    But it's tradition.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    (Created with voice input) Don't worry idolize we still love you

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    rubyruby
    As internet activity and remote working increased during the past year and a half, VPN services have become nearly as well-known as ISPs. Google Trends analysis shows that interest in VPNs has actually doubled over the past eight years. Daniel Markuson, a cybersecurity expert at NordVPN, believes VPNs may become as widely used as antivirus software.

“Spikes in the demand for VPNs usually concur with important political decisions related to internet surveillance or privacy in general,” Markuson said. “As people face dangers or restrictions, they tend to value their privacy, security, and freedom more. And that is why the demand for privacy products is growing.”

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoek93 View Post
    Has anyone ever noticed that within the last few years VPNs have become more mainstream now?

Nord VPN especially is one of the most shilled for VPNs on YouTube which is a very shitty VPN.

Compared to like 5 to 10 years ago when VPNs were still mostly used by computer nerds like us VPNs have absolutely become a lot more mainstream now in recent years from what I've seen.

So i have to ask what exactly happened? and who is to blame for this?
    I blame Nordvpn.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    I think a time will come when the anti-piracy thugs will come after VPN services and pressure them to throttle sites that promote illegal activity like torrent sites etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Most of them are incorporated on carefully-chosen jurisdictions precisely to avoid that sort of situation. At most, the less pirate-friendly countries can put pressure on individual servers within their territory (and it's happened), which usually results in the VPN service packing up and leaving, perhaps offering a virtual location as a replacement. Or at least, that's how it is for now
    https://techcrunch.com/2022/06/14/vp...-of-new-rules/

No more Indian Netflix.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Rerecros's Avatar Member
    It's all that influencer marketing. They are willing to pay big affiliate fees and sponsorships so you have an endless machine of people shilling for more and more company's. Im torn on the issue cause it's nice that people want to care about security. But if they don't get the right VPN they could be doing more harm than good unless they are just hiding from DMCA email's

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerecros View Post
    Im torn on the issue cause it's nice that people want to care about security.
    Depends on why they care and how you define "security". https://www.doineedavpn.com/ does an excellent job at explaining the whole situation.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast