Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My NEW Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP Monitor

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    w0w, all i can say is w0w! this looks so amazing. it really does.

My new monitor

i've currently got my rez @ 1280x1024 and it's just beautiful. first thing i did when i installed this joker was watch some WS anime/movies to see wtf. lol, GREAT! i tried 1920x1200 and videos are just to grainy for my tastes so i lowered the rez. i am happy to say that my aging pc did play @ that rez perfectly. next i booted up css. lol, w0w. playing css in WS @ 1680x1024 or something like that rez with a 16:10 aspect. BEAUTIFUL! having this big of a monitor is just cool. i'm suprised my vid crd stayed in decent frames with that setting. actually, i don't believe i lost any frames coming from 1080x768. that's good news for me. u get lost into the games now or at least a whole lot more! after css i booted up guild wars. WS out the box! didn't think it was gonna be. maybe it's forced ws? either way, this new bad boy just brought much needed life back into my pc. got this monitor for $680 and was hoping that it would be revA02. for the A01's had lots of problems. well, guess a new revision came out. i got me a A03. lol, hope that's good. i'll have to look into it.

SPACE SAVER! i thought it was gonna take up so much more room than it did, but it didn't. compared to my old 19' CRT (which recently blew up in my face) this sweet bundle of a monitor is a god send. it cut down like 65% space. that's terrific! lol, well now imma wanna upgrade the rest of my pc. my crt was 6 years old and was showing his age so this was a must upgrade. my speakers are still good, but maybe i'll look into some new speakers now. we'll see. all the colors on this monitor seem to be where they need to be. only thing i really had to do is turn down the brightness. this joker is crazy bright!

well, i can say this now. after just experiencing this for only 2 hours now i would never go back to that ill fated CRT. CRT's are great pieces of work, but this just can't be beat.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 11-11-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    im currently in the CAD/Technical Drawing and my teacher has that moniter, its so sick, he was playing C.S. 1.6 on it it was sick as hell....and the students moniters are those but in some smaller size, not 15' i think 19'

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    lucky cunt.

I'm so jealous

Still stuck with a 17inch here
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    im currently in the CAD/Technical Drawing and my teacher has that moniter, its so sick, he was playing C.S. 1.6 on it it was sick as hell....and the students moniters are those but in some smaller size, not 15' i think 19'
    19 foot monitor?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's a wide monitor right?
    Why are you using a 4:3 res? It must look awful.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    It's a wide monitor right?
    Why are you using a 4:3 res? It must look awful.
    yes it's a WS monitor. i'm using 4:3? if it's cuz of my rez idk, but it's playing in WS and it looks far from awful!

edit: lol, idk, i've never used WS be4. i just check this out here @ work and i guess i am using 4:3. when i get home i switch to 1280x720 then and check that out. how do u even know 4:3 and what not? thanks for bringing this up though as i would had never known.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 11-10-2006 at 02:57 AM. Reason: ignorant
    Alamo Drafthouse!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    They recommend 1920x1200 as optimal.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...en/optimal.htm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Try 1400*900.
    I'm using that on my 19" WS...i'm sure anything smaller than that isn't giving the 24" WS justice

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i believe i'll be going with 1680x1050. 1920x1200 is just to small. lol. my model was made in mexico on october 2006. i have revision A03 and tested for dead pixels and banding. 0 dead pixels!!! very, very mild banding in desktop mode and more noticable banding in multimedia and game mode. meh, i just use desktop mode for everything anyway. i'm still very happy with this monitor. i did purchase the extra 2 year warranty for an extra $50 for a total of 5 years. so, if something goes wrong or a new revision model cums out i can get a new one! weee.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 11-11-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    underground33's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    They recommend 1920x1200 as optimal.
    my ratio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast