Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: help with building a computer

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't buy anything untill you can buy it all. There's no point in having a system built without a graphics card while the prices are constantly dropping.

Your fear of overheating with a 90nm Athlon 64 is unwarranted. They run really cool.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 10-15-2005 at 01:38 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    would a single fan keep the system cool enough? part of the appeal of amd was how everyone raves of their cooler temps and higher performance. being my first build i dont wanna screw up royally.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Without overclocking, 1 exhaust case fan as well as the exhaust fan(s) from the power supply will be sufficient. Your graphics card is likely to produce more heat than the CPU.

Just be sure that air has a clear passage to get into the case.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 10-15-2005 at 01:54 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Here is a possible case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129150

- A fairly well built case with rubber mounts for HDD and 120mm exhaust fan.
    - Antec 350w SmartPower PSU with 24-pin power connector.

$65.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Hey guys.. i was wondering.. will An Nvidia graphics card FX6600, for pci express motherboard, be able to play fear with adequate performance at a high quality graphics or close to that?

If yes ApacNTS could buy an intel p4 3.0GHZ processor with a good pci xpress mother board and at least 768Ram and just buy the Nvidia 6600.. If the 6600 can play the game, well, it will probably last for 2-3 years right?

With at a pretty good price.. Howerver he has to think about the heating problem... i have to leave the left side of my tower open..
    Last edited by Delorean; 10-15-2005 at 06:37 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean
    Hey guys.. i was wondering.. will An Nvidia graphics card FX6600, for pci express motherboard, be able to play fear with adequate performance at a high quality graphics or close to that?
    Whats your complete specs?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Whats your complete specs?
    What do you mean Linkin Park?
    Last edited by Delorean; 10-15-2005 at 07:10 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

What do you mean Linkin Park?
    What kind of cpu,mobo, ram ect do you have? Need a little more in depth info.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Oh ok..

My pc is:
    intel P4 3GHz
    Pci xpress motherboard 915D
    1024MB Ram
    Hard Disk sata 160 Gigs
    I'm not sure what mobo is though...
    My graphics card is the integraded that came with the motherboard..
    Even though is a quite strong hardware it barley plays AOE3 and it doesn't even play a lot of other games.. well what i'm asking is that if an Nvidia Fx6600 can make the big difference and hold me for 2-3 years..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    digging up a near extinct thread for an update.

well i've been plugging away at trying to find decent peices and biding my time cause i didnt want to be stupid and just build any old machine. along the way everyone including this board has said to wait it out and be patient, it will pay. im nearly there i only need a little bit more time, with the help of a friend i may get to my goal alot sooner than later.

Components

Cpu
    Mobo(already combo'n with cpu)
    Case
    Ram
    HDD
    Video Card

any thoughts/suggestions still are helpful. building it will be the real joy

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast