Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Interest Of Fairness

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Manker, if you read your PMs, and I'm sure you do, you would know who deleted that post.

You are another one who needs to stop acting like an arse.
    I've read the PM and I know who deleted the post. Obviously after I made the comments above.

Oh, and what you refer to as me acting like an arse isn't going to stop
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Btw, what you refer to as bullying is not going to stop
    Yes it is.

Be warned.
    No, no. I can guarantee that it isn't.

You just have to trust me on this, old fella. I'm never going to change the way I talk to people, neither irl nor on the interweb.

Certainly, and particularly, not on the say-so of someone who doesn't even have the backing of the mod team.

I've been exactly the same on here for two years - but now I have to change because you took the pink pill instead of the taupe coloured one and it's not sitting right with all the red wine you've gargled this evening.

I really, really don't think so.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Come to think about it... lynx has an excellent point. The issue may not even be the sports topics in the lounge. lynx hit the nail right on the head when he said "stop being such an arse." That seems to be the real issue.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Come to think about it... lynx has an excellent point. The issue may not even be the sports topics in the lounge. lynx hit the nail right on the head when he said "stop being such an arse." That seems to be the real issue.

So stop fannying about and say what you mean!

If I think someone is being an arse in the lounge, I generally tell them so and in most cases they stop being an arse. I've noticed that I'm not alone in this behaviour - many of my peers do exactly the same thing. I read instances of it every morning when I read the back posts.

Can you do likewise.

Or would you prefer to make up reasons to have a go at people about something that's completely unrelated.

Up to you, I suppose, but - and this is a personal preference - it would save a lot of time if you actually said what you mean.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    No, the issue raised in this thread is stopping someone posting things in the Lounge, when they are breaking no rule and are acting within not only the letter of the law, but also it's spirit. By keeping spam in the Lounge where it is not only tolerated, but actively encouraged.

As stated earlier, if you want to discuss another issue, please start a thread about that issue and stop spamming this one.

Or do you feel that you are above the rules.

Oh and chaps, please be advised, as far as I am concerned, the moderation has served one purpose. Any assurances I gave that I would not start Sport related topics in the Lounge are henceforth null and void. I'll post anything I want in the Lounge, whilst staying within the forum rules. i.e. I will stick to your rules. I will expect my posts to be left unmolested, unless someone can demonstrate which rule they have broken. I will not expect arbitrary censorship, based on a personal vendetta.

Thanks for that.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I thought VB1234 couldn't do censorship, because he's not a mod anymore?

However, he does tend to have a "Signature-Size/On-Topic-Off-Topic Vigilante" complex.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I thought VB1234 couldn't do censorship, because he's not a mod anymore?

However, he does tend to have a "Signature-Size/On-Topic-Off-Topic Vigilante" complex.
    He still gets to join in Team Talk, as I recall. I never understood that, surely someone is a member of the board administration or not.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    lynx's Avatar .
    Congratulations, you just earned yourself another 3 days moderation.

12. If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    Congratulations, you just earned yourself another 3 days moderation.
    That rule says "by creating another account", nothing about using an existing one.
    It doesn't say anything about when you created it either.

You knew what the rule was and what it meant - however, please feel free to keep pushing this, then we can invoke rule 13 too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Did Balamm hijack lynx's account? I'd just let this all blow over JP, the little people with their tiny bit of power, like Balynx here, are just trying to provoke a reaction like they did with the K-Lite Tools guys and that rather petty sigs argument. Rather than give them the battle they want we should just return to posting in our normal way in the Lounge (or wait until any arbitrary moderaton has been lifted before doing this). The issue of sports topics in the Lounge has already been settled as far as I can see from the comments of more level-headed moderators.

Balynx has the power (in an interweb forum sense) which he has demonstarted many times he is willing to abuse (eg when he deleted all of J24K's posts). But ultimately he's just another one of these type of people who doesn't even read the Lounge much (and certainly doesn't participate) but want to change it because people don't play the way they want them to.

If we do need to bitch about things we can do so at our own forums where the moderators here are impotent. They are, of course, welcome to read any comments left.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-13-2006 at 03:06 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast