Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: After years of the Baseball 'World-Series' being nothing of the sort ...

Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

I can watch Aerobics Oz Style every morning, if I like.

Weirdly I watched this the other day whilst nursing a friend of mine who's just come out of hospital after having a knee op. He was drooling at the goyles whilst cursing them for being able to move. It was hilarious. But I guess you'd have had to have been there.

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Did you remember to set his TiVo.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Did you remember to set his TiVo.

Nope forgot. He's gonna kick my ass.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    Strangely our mate had a knee-op this very week but didn't have to take 18 weeks off work. Also he was able to come out to the pub, go to the bar for us (I was comfortable so I wasn't going) and chase after some druggie up and down some stairs. I think, maybe, that Busyman has been having us on.
    Last edited by Mike Nelson; 03-18-2006 at 04:02 AM.

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson
    Strangely our mate had a knee-op this very week but didn't have to take 18 weeks off work. Also he was able to come out to the pub, go to the bar for us (I was comfortable so I wasn;t going) and chase after some druggie up and down some stairs. I think, maybe, that Busyman has been having us on.

Yeh but he went private to have his op. And got my expert medical care afterwards.

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Strangely our mate had a knee-op this very week but didn't have to take 18 weeks off work. Also he was able to come out to the pub, go to the bar for us (I was comfortable so I wasn't going) and chase after some druggie up and down some stairs. I think, maybe, that Busyman has been having us on.
    Yeah with my first ACL tear in my right knee I didn't have surgery at all and went back to playing b-ball.

With ACL and medial meniscus tear on my left knee all they did was repair (cut off the scar tissue) on my medial meniscus. When they went in they noticed I didn't have an ACL there. My recovery was super quick.

I was then playing ball with no ACLs.

This surgery though required them using cadaver meat to make a new ACL. Longer recovery time. I could've had it years ago but I felt fine. I was told 6 months before I could play cutting sports (soccer, basketball, football, tennis).

I think I'm going to just lift heavy weights on my legs and go back to doing long distance running and play b-ball next year. I'm using my exercise bike now and have already dropped weight. The only thing left is to buff up somore.

One day I might get a new ACL on my right knee (preferably around strike time )
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    Strangely our mate had a knee-op this very week but didn't have to take 18 weeks off work. Also he was able to come out to the pub, go to the bar for us (I was comfortable so I wasn;t going) and chase after some druggie up and down some stairs. I think, maybe, that Busyman has been having us on.

Yeh but he went private to have his op. And got my expert medical care afterwards.
    Yeah I have Kaiser Permanente. I still can't believe I didn't have to pay for this...

...for my knee. That or my crutches. Fuckin' sweet.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    Oh yeah btw, welcome to our world. You invent a sport and then the rest of the world beats you at it. We invented all the good sports and all we have ever won is a world cup for each and some sort of egg cup with a bunch of ashes in it.
    I know folks like jump around when America does badly at something but jeez, America has lost in Olympic baseball a number of times. I think a coupla time they didn't even medal.

This is not something new.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I'm tempted to move this thread to Sportsworld because it rather quickly became a serious debate.

As far as this mony>pride thing goes, I've got to agree it's bullshit.
    Chest beating is part of American culture. Fact.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up, JP
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    Cadaver meat?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast