Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Or Israel?

And please don't miss quote me.
    Learn to spell too or use a spell checker
    Miss quote? Spell checkers? Thats a good one

btw the only strategy more desperate than "straw men" is to attack the individual and not the argument.

I assume your talking about killing every last known member of Hammas(terrorists) and driving the Palestinian's from the land when you say I want Genocide.
    The 1st bit could be called fighting terrorism I guess. The 2nd bit is ethnic cleansing, sorry about that

I could explain why extremists like yourself on both sides are the main stumbling block to peace.. but I fear I'd be wasting my time.

In a nutshell you believe "all muslims are evil". You dont want peace and your clearly insane. Flame away and enjoy yourself because I wont be communicating with you again. There are professionals who get paid to talk to the likes of you. I dont see why I should do it for free.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@15 June 2003 - 22:07
    You have mistaken me for someone a bit more gung-ho.
    Your right I think I may have, please accept my apologies . However I think gung-ho is a euphemism for genocidal in this context.

the Beeb does not qualify as impartial.
    I disagree. I see the devastation of suicide bombers as well as Israeli atrocities. I'm not saying the Beeb is perfect but compared to CNN and others it's miles ahead. What would you recommend as a superior alternative?

The website in question is not insightful, it is, rather, inciteful.
    Perhaps, but more importantly it shows the day to day experiences of the Palestinians. Not at the hands of terrorists but at the hands of an allegedley civilized countries armed forces.

evil-may I call you evil?
    To quote one of my favourite characters from Snatch.. "you can call me Susan if it makes you happy". Well errr.. maybe not actually. Evil, EBP, Bagpuss whatever floats your boat
    To clarify:

I am Pro-Israel.

I am Pro-Palestine.

I am shoveling shit against the tide.

I am anti-homicide bomber.

I am anti-Israeli pre-emption.

I am (once again) shoveling shit against the tide.

I am anti-Arafat.

I ain't wild for Sharon, either.

Abbas isn't the answer.

Someday it may come to pass this conflict will be done; but not soon, I don't think.

The BBC is as biased as the rest.

I watch Fox News; I'm sure this tickles you, but consider: no matter what YOU may think of it's content, it does not walk in lockstep with all the others.

To top it off, I don't think Israel's activities re: this conflict bear semblance to a "genocide".

For that definition, I defer to the Jews; they have an undisputably clear understanding of the term's meaning.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Its nice to get back on track with a reasonable human again

To top it off, I don't think Israel's activities re: this conflict bear semblance to a "genocide".
    On reflection your right, genocide isnt the correct term for what the Israelis are doing. However they have certainly been carrying out atrocities on a regular basis for many years. And lets not forget that a war criminal runs the country.

Apart from that I agree with much of what you have said. I will have to check out Fox news but I have to admit I dont hold out much hope for impartiality. I still dont think the BBC is biased at all as you see it from both sides. You cant say that about many news sources.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Poster
    Where are my facts incorrect?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    Poster
    I'm waiting!
    You keep attacking me instead of my facts

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@15 June 2003 - 21:18

I didnt mention anything about "honorable and bloodless" I said you shouldnt kill 100's of innocent people. Other countries can manage it. I'm sure Israel can.
    What countries?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Poster
    The straw strategy is your first and main form of debate.
    I'm still waiting!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Poster
    I guess your going back to check what you've already commented on!

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Poster
    I'll be back in 10 min when your done checking!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    What countries?
    the UK and Spain come to mind immediately (IRA and ETA respectively)

You dont think Israel is the only country in the world to experience terrorism do you? Are you seriously trying to argue that you cant fight terrorism without killing 100's of civilians? I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with that comment.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast