Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oink Says 'nuff About Music

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Why do you think it's a quote.

Would it be possible that he's talking about the site in his sig, at all?

And nigel, I see what you are on about, but as for me, I'd not be trading invites per se. It might be possible that I might, at some point give someone an invite in return for another invite, but I wouldn't be trading for trading's sake, then. And as for giving them away, well, I'd not need to ask for emails or somesuch, 'cos in one way or another, I'd be giving them to someone I knew (and liked).

And that's my advice for you too to do. And what invites are meant for, I'da thunk.

So in short, if I were you, I'd not be announcing I had invites to give away, I'd be asking somewhere where people I like hang out, or pm those people.

Having said that, I don't really see how I can contribute, wrt what you should be asking for if you go to the invites section or if you decide to pass out invites to strangers. So I'll stay out of this now.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well I have been running a small private site myself. It has been invite only.

It's good to still see members like you SnnY, still posting here, I remember you joining FST, it will be 4 years this year Do you speak any Danish by any chance, I am try to find some info on music by kim larsen - fru fortuna ? thanks for your feedback ...take care.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Well, according to my grades, I understand both written and spoken danish well

As for Kim Larsen, my dad listened to her when I was younger. What do you need to know exactly?

Edit: The song comes from an album called "Gammel Hankat", which was released late 2006, I think. (Early in 2007 in Sweden).

Here are the lyrics: in danish.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-13-2007 at 07:44 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Would you agree that giving away (Oink) BitTorrents invites is far too serious a business to be posted in the BitTorrent invite section and more suitable for the drawing room?
    I think "No" too. Isn't that what the bittorrent invites section is for, or am I missing something
    I'd have to concur.

Torrent invites: trading of, discussion of, any variation of either...it still relates exclusively to the subject of torrents.

Why should it occur to anyone to go anywhere else to talk about the dynamics of the activity?

This is not a mere reference to torrents or trading/inviting generally (which would indeed be proper for the ERttB or The Drawing Room, and I see this as very specifically and directly belonging in the Bittorrent section.

So, Nigel-

Is your aim to distribute Oink invites, or to discuss the merits/efficacy of doing so?

The first should land it in the invites section, the latter in main torrent discussion.
    Last edited by j2k4; 03-15-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

I think "No" too. Isn't that what the bittorrent invites section is for, or am I missing something
    I'd have to concur.

Torrent invites: trading of, discussion of, any variation of either...it's still relates exclusively to the subject of torrents.

Why should it occur to anyone to go anywhere else to talk about the dynamics of the activity?

This is not a mere reference to torrents or trading/inviting generally (which would indeed be proper for the ERttB or The Drawing Room, and I see this as very specifically and directly belonging in the Bittorrent section.

So, Nigel-

Is your aim to distribute Oink invites, or to discuss the merits/efficacy of doing so?

The first should land it in the invites section, the latter in main torrent discussion.
    I'm taking that as a yes.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I'd have to concur.

Torrent invites: trading of, discussion of, any variation of either...it's still relates exclusively to the subject of torrents.

So, Nigel-

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    im lost
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I'd have to concur.

So, Nigel-

Ah, you've placed a cherry on top.

Well, then.

I'm going with "the latter".

EDIT:

I have further decided this matter cries out for the involvement of, let's see...Skizo, I think.
    Last edited by j2k4; 03-13-2007 at 10:15 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Indeed, bring in the voice of reason in a World run mad.

You can always count on him.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Indeed, bring in the voice of reason in a World run mad.

You can always count on him.
    Glad you agree.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast