Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Or Gamecube?

-Xelotath I agree with you totally. I'm tired of all these damn thirteen year old using the fact that xbox has more "power" or "hard drive" space as a weak form of an argument.

Notice Twisters Post: "xbox has more power better graphix and way better online playing plus the hard drive"

-Woah, a bigger hard drive! There's no reason for it to be that big in the first place, all you really need is about 16 MB, all you're storing is game data, not video files.

-Who the fuck cares about the power, the difference in performance is so minute that it shouldn't even be a factor in deciding what console to purchase. Ever heard of Maddox? I think he said it best when he said:

"What he failed to realize was that just because you have all the raw material to make a great system doesn't mean it's going to be great. Saying the xbox is a good system because it's powerful is like saying you made a great painting because you used the best set of paints."

-Since when did power and graphics become such a big deal? It's the games that decide how good the console is. I would much rather play Duck Hunt or Metroid instead of a game that is suppose to have excellent graphics. Who gives a fuck?

-Guess what Xbox owners, Halo is not that good of a game. It's the only game that xbox has that is mediocre, I guarantee you that whenever you ask someone the best game for xbox they will always say "Halo" It's like clockwork. I challenge you to name 10 games that are equal to or better than Halo. For some help check out the other great games made by "Bungie" gnop, minotaur, weekend warrior, abuse, pid, marathon trilogy, myth & myth 2, and oni. Wow what a selection I wish I could play these excellent games.

-xbox is a bad console, made by an even worse corporation. Why would you even support Microsoft, don’t you know their history? They're a backstabbing company teetering on the edge of complete Monopolization.

-Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake? That's what it is! It's a low quality PC, if you know the slightest bit about PC's you'd know that the technology used in the xbox is outdated, so why is it that Microsoft thinks that this is acceptable. Yeah dude, come on over to my house and you can check out my new 733 MHZ processor! That wouldn’t attract anyone with some decent computer knowledge. Or how about that sweet 4x DVD Drive, wow what technology, how can they afford to put such great technology in such an awful system? Well the answer is they cant, they're losing so much money from this monstrosity that if it was any other company they would have stopped development as soon as the idea had passed through someone’s head. Microsoft loses $150 dollars for every xbox they sell, sounds like a good investment

-xbox also has the worst theory I've ever seen, hmmm lets put a bunch of crappy hardware into a huge box, that just by dropping will create tremors that can be picked up by seismographs in a 20 mile radius. The original idea behind the xbox was to create sturdy foundations for trailer parks, but they realized that this technology was too poor even to use among common slack jawed yokels. Something so large and such a huge waste of space that it needs its own backpack to carry around.

ACTUAL EVENT:
    Person Says: Hey can you put my xbox into my backpack?
    Other Person Replies: How about I put your backpack into your xbox.

-That made me chuckle so I thought I'd add it.

-Below Quote From CNET:

Sales in Japan, where the Xbox went on sale in February, have been miniscule, with research firms in the country reporting sales of a few thousand units a week in recent weeks.

Sales in Europe, where the console arrived last month, have also been tepid, due partly to a selling price considerably above the Xbox's main competition, Sony's PlayStation 2. Microsoft responded by announcing a price cut of almost 40 percent early Thursday for the European Xbox. The console will now sell for for $266 in mainland Europe and $288 in Britain, compared with initial price tags of $419 and $434.

-Notice how they used the word "miniscule" does not sound like it's selling that well. It looks like America is the only country who has been stupid enough to buy into Microsofts crap.

SUMMARY: xbox is the worst console ever invented. Go with GC, go with PS2, go with Atari for fucks sake, just don't go with xbox.

2. Games   -   #22
    DICKWAD
    Just Buy A damn X-box Dont get Gamecube i got it and it sucks , I like X-box more ONLINE gaming is fun!!!

3. Games   -   #23
    Twist3r
    Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake? That's what it is! It's a low quality PC
    If xbox is a low quality pc what does that make GC A REALLY SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT

-Woah, a bigger hard drive! There's no reason for it to be that big in the first place, all you really need is about 16 MB, all you're storing is game data, not video files.
    for custom audio files unlimited save games, download content for games and you can even copy a xbox game onto the hard drive and play it off there

-Since when did power and graphics become such a big deal? It's the games that decide how good the console is. I would much rather play Duck Hunt or Metroid instead of a game that is suppose to have excellent graphics. Who gives a fuck?
    get a atari then

-Guess what Xbox owners, Halo is not that good of a game. It's the only game that xbox has that is mediocre, I guarantee you that whenever you ask someone the best game for xbox they will always say "Halo" It's like clockwork. I challenge you to name 10 games that are equal to or better than Halo. For some help check out the other great games made by "Bungie" gnop, minotaur, weekend warrior, abuse, pid, marathon trilogy, myth & myth 2, and oni. Wow what a selection I wish I could play these excellent games.
    hhmmm game cube games are chilish but fun i might add the only mature games it has is BMX XXX and resident evil

ScotchGuy i bet your using a microsoft product right now its called windows unless u got a shit mac or linux

4. Games   -   #24
    Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake
    ScotchGuy that isint in debate

can sum please answer the question where can i get decent a xbox bundle for under £150?

5. Games   -   #25
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Ok ScotchGuy,....you want 10 games to be named that make xbox the BEST and are as good as Halo. Not all of these have been Releases yet but here i go.

* Numbers dont mean how good they are*
    *these are all ONLY on Xbox *
    * And i have more than 10*

1. Counter Strike
    2. Half-Life ( Not the same as Counter Strike)
    3. Conker: Live and Uncut
    4. Dead to Rights
    5. Fable
    6. Halo 2
    7. Mech Assault
    8. The Whole XSN Sports group of games ( about six of them)
    9. Doom III
    10. Quantum Redshift
    11. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War ( Not sure if its only Xbox...i dont think it is)
    12. Sega GT 2002 Online
    13. Steel Battalion
    14. Tom Clancys Rainbow Six 3
    15. True Crime: Streets of L.A.
    16. Unreal Championship
    17. Xbox Music Mixer ( Not a game.....but used to copy CD's etc..)
    18. Deathrow
    19. Brute Force ( Its good after u get good at it)
    20. Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II

6. Games   -   #26
    Gamecube owns the xbox easily. Think how small it is, how small the games are. And some of the games on it

7. Games   -   #27
    I have got none of the 2 consoles but if I chose one I'd probably go for the Gamecube, mainly because it's portable and most games for it won't appear on any other console.

and I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I think metroid prime looks better than halo (braces himself for imminent flattening by flying xbox's)

plus I enjoyed all the games I bought on my N64 that have sequals on GC

rogue squadron
    smash bros. melee
    mario sunshine
    mario 128
    zelda wind waker
    F-zero
    starfox adventure

plus the gba link-up looks interesting

8. Games   -   #28
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Metriod Prime sucks flaming @$$ ......Halo is THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME on any game system. Its so fun online. Its endless fun. Everyone one talks about it. Halo is AWESOME because of all the funny shit u can do. I always send warthogs flying across the sky. The game is just so good. But Halo 2 will show the world the power of Xbox.

9. Games   -   #29
    but still cant ny1 answer where i can get a good bundle of a xbox?

10. Games   -   #30
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@18 June 2003 - 16:13
    Ok ScotchGuy,....you want 10 games to be named that make xbox the BEST and are as good as Halo. Not all of these have been Releases yet but here i go.

* Numbers dont mean how good they are*
    *these are all ONLY on Xbox *
    * And i have more than 10*

1. Counter Strike
    2. Half-Life ( Not the same as Counter Strike)
    3. Conker: Live and Uncut
    4. Dead to Rights
    5. Fable
    6. Halo 2
    7. Mech Assault
    8. The Whole XSN Sports group of games ( about six of them)
    9. Doom III
    10. Quantum Redshift
    11. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War ( Not sure if its only Xbox...i dont think it is)
    12. Sega GT 2002 Online
    13. Steel Battalion
    14. Tom Clancys Rainbow Six 3
    15. True Crime: Streets of L.A.
    16. Unreal Championship
    17. Xbox Music Mixer ( Not a game.....but used to copy CD's etc..)
    18. Deathrow
    19. Brute Force ( Its good after u get good at it)
    20. Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II
    might i point out the number of games in this list already on other consoles

PC
    half-life (PS2 and dreamcast)
    counter-strike
    mech assault (mainly just taking the mechwarrior series to xbox)
    Doom 3 (xbox power is just at reccomended spec)
    return to castle wolfenstein (PS2 as well)
    rainbow six 3 raven shield
    Unreal Championship (UT2003)

N64
    Conker: live and uncut (just conkers bad fur day with extra multiplayer)

I think I'm going to get some death threats soon

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast