Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: For Broadband Users

Poster
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+18 June 2003 - 20:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie &#064; 18 June 2003 - 20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cl1mh4224rd@18 June 2003 - 01:47
    [...] my speed jumped from roughly 220kB/s to around 280kB/s.
    are u broadband or 56k? [/b][/quote]
    You tell me...

Oh no&#33; I went back to Bandwidth Place&#39;s Speed Test to try out the new settings and I got this:
    The Bandwidth Place speed test has been permanently taken down due to high costs.

Thanks for helping to make our test the number 1 speed test.

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+19 June 2003 - 02:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd &#064; 19 June 2003 - 02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@18 June 2003 - 20:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cl1mh4224rd
    @18 June 2003 - 01:47
    [...] my speed jumped from roughly 220kB/s to around 280kB/s.

are u broadband or 56k?
    You tell me... [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like 1 line DSL......... :&#39;( ............Dont take it out on me......I didn&#39;t notice your speed

P.S. the tears are for u and your connection

Peace brotherdoobie

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    used auto-fix... did nothing

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    Poster
    That&#39;s weird. The speed test recommended in the TCP Optimeser has been permanently terminated. Due to high costs.
    Wonder how that happened then??? (Rhetorical Question)

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by Penis Monkey@19 June 2003 - 09:22
    Wonder how that happened then???
    Haha.

/me joins everyone else in their innocent whistling.

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    Poster
    i c "TcpMaxDataRetransmissions" is that it

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    Poster
    Originally posted by tiba06@19 June 2003 - 16:07
    i c "TcpMaxDataRetransmissions" is that it
    Check the bottom of page 4. I already told everyone what you should be looking for...

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@19 June 2003 - 02:15
    Ok, the people giving out the tips here are a little dense when it comes to people saying "it&#39;s not there&#33;" so I&#39;ll answer the questions they seem to be avoiding or just don&#39;t understand...

1) There&#39;s no item by that name in the location you told me. Ok, no one ever did say what the exact value name was, so I will... The name you should be looking for is "TcpWindowSize". Now, for me, it wasn&#39;t there until after I used TCP Optimzer. You can add it yourself by right-clicking, then selecting New -> DWORD Value. Enter "TcpWindowSize" as the name and hit <Enter>. Now, double click on the item you just created, select "Decimal" in the Base group, then type in the number and hit <Enter>.
    @Cl1mh4224rd......did u make sure your username was such a pain to type so that nobody would feel like replying to your post when u are beig rude

I am sorry that you feel that some people on here are dense......there are more constructive ways to say what you want without insulting.
    If u want to be helpful,than telling people how to add the value to there registry
    like u did in your last post was cool.(without the sarcasim)

I&#39;m sure u meant well but you were probaly tired searching google all night tyring to figure how to add the value to your registry.
    So I will excuse your grumpy,snide comments and blame it on your lack of sleep.

I am tired myself from staying up all night to prepare for my A+ certification
    so if I seem rude...feel free to blame it on a lack of sleep kid.......... :beerchug:

Peace brotherdoobie B)

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    Poster
    Originally posted by Penis Monkey@19 June 2003 - 09:22
    That&#39;s weird. The speed test recommended in the TCP Optimeser has been permanently terminated. Due to high costs.
    Wonder how that happened then??? (Rhetorical Question)
    Wonder if this thread had anything to do with it...

Any other good sites out there to get speed test done??

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    Poster
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+20 June 2003 - 16:13--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie &#064; 20 June 2003 - 16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>@Cl1mh4224rd......did u make sure your username was such a pain to type so that nobody would feel like replying to your post when u are beig rude [/b]

Maybe...

Originally posted by brotherdoobie@20 June 2003 - 16:13
    I am sorry that you feel that some people on here are dense......there are more constructive ways to say what you want without insulting.
    Well, I&#39;m sorry, but I stated that there was no such entry resembling the words that were used (the second person to do so, I might add), and all I got was, "Are you sure you&#39;re looking in the right place?"

Well, no actually, I&#39;m looking in the fucking Recycle Bin... Where am I supposed to be looking?"

And even after that, people kept posting asking the same thing and not one freakin&#39; person though it wise enough to perhaps give the exact name of the registry entry, not just the location. It&#39;s like saying, "Go to the airport and look for a guy." Gee, thanks. Who exactly am I looking for; can I have a name? "Are you looking in the airport?" Yes I am&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie
    @20 June 2003 - 16:13
    I&#39;m sure u meant well but you were probaly tired searching google all night tyring to figure how to add the value to your registry.
    So I will excuse your grumpy,snide comments and blame it on your lack of sleep.
    [/quote]
    And I&#39;ll ignore the holier-than-thou talking-to-an-infant remark you just made...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast