Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of The Riaa

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I thought it was the Netherlands and the USA that had the highest percentage of these cease-and-desist letters?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    ask mp3wmaland.com in australia about the riaa, then try to tell them they are beyond the riaa's jurisdiction

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I'm glad i'm 13 and i dun have to go to university and besides, the university i will go to is the same city so no dorms for me
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@25 June 2003 - 12:20
    ask mp3wmaland.com in australia about the riaa, then try to tell them they are beyond the riaa's jurisdiction
    the people who ran that site had direct http download links from web-pages, there was no P2P involved.
    the riaa had not and still does not have any jurisdiction in australia, they acted as informants on behalf of their members, notifying the AFP of infringements of australian law
    the makers of mp3wmaland.com were busted by australian federal police using evidence they had gathered under australian laws from ISPs and line taps inside and outside of australia

the makers of that site had no conception of how to be secure
    they acted very foolishly and should have expected to be caught

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Paul your points are well made.

However may I remind everyone that they are suing people, not prosecuting them. There is nothing stopping the RIAA suing people in the UK if they want to.

Take sensible precautions like the man suggests, use the privacy option, use a proxy if you feel so inclined. Don't be one of the lucky handful who are selected for interest.

Nice arse btw.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    a few weeks ago the riaa or something launched a new thing to get rid of p2p users and it said on fox news that on kazaa the number of people went down by 17% that first day because they were scared they would get caught. DAMN! 17% less files. Get your guns ....this is WAR!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    1 million? Are you sure? At an average size of 5 mb per file that would be 5 million mb of music or 5,000 Gigs. I don't mean to come off as a dick, but DAMN! he'd have al hell of a lot of shit.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    For the people who think the RIAA are going 2 hack the users, you are wrong. RIAA dosent have the ability, But that dosent mean they cant get you in trouble. Since most people dont use Proxies the RIAA can get you ip and locate where you live. Its very simple to get your ip. They can just start to download form you and they got your ip! The Your IP gives them the ability to go to your house and arest you ....so go out rhere and use proxies...Astalavista look under privacy and go get your self a proxie if you downlaod alot or have alot of mp3s

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    stop that nonsense. they are not going to come to your house and arrest you. if they have your IP and proof that you are sharing illegal music files, they may get hold of your info from your ISP and sue you.

the RIAA are not the police. they are a private company.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@3 July 2003 - 12:47
    a few weeks ago the riaa or something launched a new thing to get rid of p2p users and it said on fox news that on kazaa the number of people went down by 17% that first day because they were scared they would get caught. DAMN! 17% less files. Get your guns ....this is WAR!
    in the lounge you want u.s. war against the arabs or the terrorists or whoever, over here you want war against american corporations and the u.s. gov't. make up your mind, 'cause you can't have it both ways.

p.s. get melodramatic much?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast