Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: how did your nfl team do?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RacquetHD View Post
    Thanks Busyman!.
    So what does Green Bay need to do to beat the Cowboys in week 13? In the meantime, I will be praying.

I dont think they have to do much.
    Except keep everybody healthy which is no small task in the NFL.
    An awful lot can change in two months...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Sports Club   -   #62
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post

I dont think they have to do much.
    Except keep everybody healthy which is no small task in the NFL.
    An awful lot can change in two months...
    Truth.

I can be patient, insofar as they've exceeded expectations.

Romo is something to watch, though, and it can no longer be said he's playing out of his head.

I feel the Cowboys will come back to earth a bit, but, barring injuries (T.O. is "fragile", remember, and can sit with a bruised ego), they'll be tough.

The Packers still have to learn how to run.

Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    Farve. 'Nuff said.
    I'll let that pass.

No...no, sorry, I just can't.

Fix it, please.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Sports Club   -   #63
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Agreed! OMG DefianceX, you must be my mini-me or my long lost twin, bringing up both Green Bay and the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders in one sentence. Did you see that reality show that was somewhat called 'Who wants to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader".

Darn Romo, I read somewhere in the paper that they were comparing him to a young Brett Favre. Well good for him, I say. No better person to be compared to.

As for George Blanda's interception record (277), Favre will most likely reach it due to his longevity in the game: He has played 17 seasons in the NFL, starting most of those games!

Another reason I idolize Brett Favre is his life outside the game. His Foundation, for example, raised $1.5 million for charities in MS after Katrina and SPENT all $1.5 million to those who needed it. No administrative fees there.

4. Sports Club   -   #64
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by RacquetHD View Post
    Agreed! OMG DefianceX, you must be my mini-me or my long lost twin, bringing up both Green Bay and the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders in one sentence. Did you see that reality show that was somewhat called 'Who wants to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader".

Darn Romo, I read somewhere in the paper that they were comparing him to a young Brett Favre. Well good for him, I say. No better person to be compared to.

As for George Blanda's interception record (277), Favre will most likely reach it due to his longevity in the game: He has played 17 seasons in the NFL, starting most of those games!

Another reason I idolize Brett Favre is his life outside the game. His Foundation, for example, raised $1.5 million for charities in MS after Katrina and SPENT all $1.5 million to those who needed it. No administrative fees there.
    Wow that's pretty good.

I hate and like Romo.

He's damn good but he plays on a rival team.

Maybe he'll hold for a game-winning field goal again.

5. Sports Club   -   #65
    Packers/Bears this weekend still has it's cachet, even given the Bears' recent poor play; Greise is not the answer, as I'm sure Clocker would agree.

As for Favre's habit of tossing the untimely pick, I must admit to a bit of surprise at his play so far this season, especially given the circumstances in each game.

None were foregone routs, and each game has been played under the precise conditions and situations which would have, in recent years, had Brett throwing the ball to the opposition at critical junctures.

The most curious and gratifying aspect of his new habit is that he is taking care of the ball despite the utter absence of a running attack.

I can't remember the last time a team with such an appalling limitation was this successful this early.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #66
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I can't remember the last time a team with such an appalling limitation was this successful this early.
    "Early" being the operative word here.
    Too many smart coaches in the Packer's future...no way they aren't aware of the relative one-dimensionality of the team and certainly no way it'll be ignored.

From the opponent's viewpoint I'd think it's almost a luxury- ignoring Farve's unique abilities for a moment- key on one player and you've effectively shut down the entire offense.

And let's not ignore the elephant in the room here, Brett ain't no spring chicken.
    Yeah, he's undeniably tough and smart but there's no ignoring it- he's more susceptible to injury and will take longer to recover than his peers and what of the Pack when that happens?

7. Sports Club   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    "Early" being the operative word here.
    Too many smart coaches in the Packer's future...no way they aren't aware of the relative one-dimensionality of the team and certainly no way it'll be ignored.

From the opponent's viewpoint I'd think it's almost a luxury- ignoring Farve's unique abilities for a moment- key on one player and you've effectively shut down the entire offense.

And let's not ignore the elephant in the room here, Brett ain't no spring chicken.
    Yeah, he's undeniably tough and smart but there's no ignoring it- he's more susceptible to injury and will take longer to recover than his peers and what of the Pack when that happens?
    Oh, no doubt about it, we're looking for some lightning here, but I remember old George Blanda coming off the bench to cover for an injured Daryl Lamonica back in the seventies and ripping off seven consecutive wins and a tie or something on the strength of his toe (he was the kicker as well) and his arm in the last minutes of each game of that string.

Blanda was a great player, but he was, I think, about 48 years old at the time.

It could happen.

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #68
    Sure it could.

The Rockies could win the World Series, too.

9. Sports Club   -   #69
    Sure it could.

The Rockies could win the World Series, too.
    I could call you a Doubting Thomas, but that would be your brother, now, wouldn't it?

-Mark Twain

10. Sports Club   -   #70
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I do recall another team which was one dimensional on offense and won the Super Bowl. Didn't Dilfer get a ring when the Ravens only had a running game and an amazing defense? The young Packer D has been most impressive this year. If they can remain healthy and if Farve continues to manage the offense as he has this year, the skys the limit.

It would be nice to see him go out like Elway did in Denver. Then people will finally recognize that he is the greatest player to have ever taken a snap in the game. The only 3 time MVP, he will hold ever record in the book after this year, and the streak - which people still take for granted. This isn't baseball ladies.

The streak alone is probably one of if not the MOST impressive feat in professional sports history.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast