Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Why the....

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i understand now, the users who are most valuable to you are in category's 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Alien5; 11-28-2007 at 04:25 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    (Exclusivity) Some people feel the need to be apart of something which is not necessarily good it's a closed door everybody want's some it's human nature (Curiosity).

(Ranking) Some people just want to climb the ranking ladder and they feel more important then later they can brag once they are at the top of the shit heep.

(Traders) This could last forever so just one example of my opinion. People are just searching for a home where they may find the best possible site to suit their needs once this has happend they stay.
    You forgot (Safety) these places being more restricted on who joins, make them more safe

(Low usercount) Gives them more community feel

And then they have their little special thing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    (Exclusivity) Some people feel the need to be apart of something which is not necessarily good it's a closed door everybody want's some it's human nature (Curiosity).

(Ranking) Some people just want to climb the ranking ladder and they feel more important then later they can brag once they are at the top of the shit heep.

(Traders) This could last forever so just one example of my opinion. People are just searching for a home where they may find the best possible site to suit their needs once this has happend they stay.
    You forgot (Safety) these places being more restricted on who joins, make them more safe

(Low usercount) Gives them more community feel

And then they have their little special thing

I mensioned safety that comes Under home you are not at home if you don't feel safe once you feel at home you then establish yourself into the community. safety in low numbers is a somebody elses personal preferance i don't agree with as i have stated below

Low user count means nothing in safety there are plenty of sites around which have 6000/10000 torrents they are fast and have had open doors for over two year's why are they still open??? but the torrent sites which are Exclusive shut down and they are slow don't hold some many torrents bla bla why? i don't know ask the anti piracy people.

The term personal computer was abolished and current laws prove that. since when has a computer been personal?
    Last edited by sleepyy; 11-28-2007 at 04:10 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Often it's because of attention coupled which authorities that Anti-piracy agency's can push around as they please.

Also which exclusive torrentsites got shut down?

Oink with it's 180.000 users or Demonoid with their 3.000.000 users?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Often it's because of attention coupled which authorities that Anti-piracy agency's can push around as they please.

Also which exclusive torrentsites got shut down?

Oink with it's 180.000 users or Demonoid with their 3.000.000 users?

I suppose i should choose my words more carefully. i guess i was thinking of that short article on here which has talks of what.cd and waffles amongst other sites they are only new and have enough attention it may contain some bad news written in there but i can't confirm it it's here some place but i'm to lazy to search it.s fairly recent i'm sure it has some funny news in there. personaly i think you can't hide it unless people are completely silent but that would mean only natter between friends.

I still don't understand why torrent sites which have 30000/40000 members and the doors are wide open with lots of copy written material are not targeted this is how i drew my conclusion that exclusive really means nothing for safety.

Yes only the two you mention i know of attention is brought by sites such as FST and ranking systems it's quite obvious and the odd crack how else would these people get member's besides the personal gossip between friends to atract member's
    Last edited by sleepyy; 11-28-2007 at 04:39 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    ...a couple reasons, not all of which are as rueful as you may be led to believe:
    1) community (rational)
    2) the rare files (rational)
    4) e-penis elongation (insecure irrationality)
    3) curiosity (respectable, but not really rational)
    5) sense of achievement (again, respectable)

all in all, an account on a tracker is a means, not an end. keep that in mind at all times, thank you.
    Last edited by Ænima; 11-28-2007 at 04:57 AM. Reason: editing

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    i understand now, the users who are most valuable to you are in category's 1 and 2.
    Let it never be said that observer bias isn't an innate feature to some people.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by durex View Post

You're so wrong .
    Nope, he is absolutely right. Nobody cares about FTWR, UK-T and REVOLT torrents. People just want to join those sites to belong a restrict community where everything is discussed.

If you have no time to participate in forums those sites are useless.

said what i would have nicer then i could have from someone being wrong telling me im wrong, thats always annoying.

what do durex condoms do again......? oh thats right, they get penises stuck in them. ur name makes sense now.
    Last edited by aysomc; 11-28-2007 at 07:04 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    oh no you didnt asyomc!
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    JUSTAGUY's Avatar TORRENT P2P BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic View Post
    Fascination with F*N /S*T/F*C/U**/F*** ?

Can people tell me why they are so keen to get into these sites ?
    Im on them all, and without sounding like i hate them (which i dont, since most of the staff on all of them are friends/co-workers of mine).

People go to extreme lengths to get any of these but its pure madness IMO.

Dont people realise this is the internet, there are plenty of sites that have exactly the same content/speeds etc.

If people didnt rate them so high etc & the number of cheaters wasnt so great, Trades were none existant. You realise you'd have no trouble getting them right?

Answer my question with your view/etc etc dont spam it & ruin plz.

celtic

i agree
    UTORRENT ABUSER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast