Thread: ScT banning Polish IP's too

Yinon's Avatar Pointless line BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by adeel2 View Post
    Cheating can't be justified.
    and no one said it is
    -------
    A bitme.org invite is highly welcomed (:

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too.
    When i was staff at ET i had a 4mb BY connection
    You utter cunt.
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    last time i checked, .pt have some great connections, even 50mBs/10mbps at some stances, and ADSL2+ clients nearly everywhere.
    about .in , in few cases they have decent connections, the problem is that they are so many and it's such an huge country, that of course the chances of appearing users with nearly dial-up speed connections is fair to happen. At this forum there is an user (piku20045) that has 70kbs/70kbs internet connection, and yet he says he buffered his TL account to 250gb
    as for Brazil i can't say much, they have a reputation for cheating and hacking their ass off at about anything, so i can't really say anything good on their behalf.
    .ro seems also to be a problem to many trackers, but they appear to have a lot of good users and i think it would be highly unfair for their whole country to be banned because of some cheaters.

IMO banning whole countries is the lazy way, as someone said here before, and an highly unfair procedure. And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Long John Silver

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    ban every country and keep the tracker to yourself
    If it's hard then seed for months. Simple.

Ontopic: Trackers ban whole countries because it saves them the bother of banning individually. It saves time, it's lazy.
    I understand why they do it but still disagree with the practice.
    It's kind of a catch 22. Bad users = pissed off staff = bans = pissed of users....etc.
    I agree - it's lazy...and I disagree too. You could lose good ppl doing that. But hey it's their tracker *shrugs*

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.
    and how many users did we have here, that complained to be banned without a reason by anti-cheat scripts?

first people complain about scripts disabeling users without staff looking into the accounts.

now you suggest that the script should be better in automatically disabeling users.

in my opinion staff should always look into an account that has been flagged by a script.

even if there was a perfect cheater detection script. what would be the difference wether the script disables 90% of a country or you simply filter their ips?

that would only result in hundreds of "innocent" cheaters complaining about the faulty script.

all the time that tracker staff spend dealing with cheaters is wasted work and energy that they could use to help good users and improve the tracker.

cheater scripts can never substitute an experienced staff member looking at user details and make his professional judgement based on experience. the script should just be used to trigger an alert.

if i was tracker staff and i knew with a 90% probability that certain ip ranges are cheaters, i'd ban the range and save time for more important things that i don't get paid for.

it is their tracker and their free time they spend for staffing. they have the right to do anything they want which makes their voluntary work easier.

private trackers are not charity organizations, they are not p.c., they are not part of the uno and none of us has a right to be a member.

if they don't want or need certain people on their tracker for whatever reason - live with it.

i may be unfair to some good users, but it's their decision, not ours.

if you think tracker staff acts unfair, is lazy and discriminating, why do you want to become a member?

if i do not agree with a certain policy, the last thing i would do is to join them.

funny enough i haven't seen anyone saying: "i will delete my account on tracker xyz, because i don't agree with the fact that they ban whole countries."

if paypal blocks certain countries because of ongoing missing payments, they most certainly don't do it because they're lazy.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-18-2008 at 05:36 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    hitler is smiling in his grave right now, i hope the sct community doesn't feel like it's staffers.
    http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.html

godwin's law. the thread has become pointless and is over. i'm out.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.
    and how many users did we have here, that complained to be banned without a reason by anti-cheat scripts?

first people complain about scripts disabeling users without staff looking into the accounts.

now you suggest that the script should be better in automatically disabeling users.

in my opinion staff should always look into an account that has been flagged by a script.

even if there was a perfect cheater detection script. what would be the difference wether the script disables 90% of a country or you simply filter their ips?

that would only result in hundreds of "innocent" cheaters complaining about the faulty script.

all the time that tracker staff spend dealing with cheaters is wasted work and energy that they could use to help good users and improve the tracker.

cheater scripts can never substitute an experienced staff member looking at user details and make his professional judgement based on experience. the script should just be used to trigger an alert.

if i was tracker staff and i knew with a 90% probability that certain ip ranges are cheaters, i'd ban the range and save time for more important things that i don't get paid for.

it is their tracker and their free time they spend for staffing. they have the right to do anything they want which makes their voluntary work easier.

private trackers are not charity organizations, they are not p.c., they are not part of the uno and none of us has a right to be a member.

if they don't want or need certain people on their tracker for whatever reason - live with it.

i may be unfair to some good users, but it's their decision, not ours.

if you think tracker staff acts unfair, is lazy and discriminating, why do you want to become a member?

if i do not agree with a certain policy, the last thing i would do is to join them.

funny enough i haven't seen anyone saying: "i will delete my account on tracker xyz, because i don't agree with the fact that they ban whole countries."

if paypal blocks certain countries because of ongoing missing payments, they most certainly don't do it because they're lazy.
    you can keep writing your 2 pages posts but all i get from your post is : yea you are right, instead of being rational and checking each cheater it's a lot easier banning the whole country well geeeeeeeeeeee good luck with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    hitler is smiling in his grave right now, i hope the sct community doesn't feel like it's staffers.
    http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.html

godwin's law. the thread has become pointless and is over. i'm out.
    blah blah internet kiddie
    Last edited by monk3y; 02-18-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    If it's hard then seed for months. Simple.
    its not that simple coz they will disable ur account

before the first month end coz of ur low ratio is too low ( as this one of the tracker rules ) even if u will seed the file for years and after u will

download ur file u will find out there is nobody u can seed for him even if u will find one

leecher to let him suffring by downloading file at 56 k he will change his mind to download it ( its nothing to do about lazy thing its just fact u cant seed untell 1.1 with speed like 26 k since there is users seeding by 8 or 10 mb !!!!! unless i download some txt or simples and seed it not pc games around 5 or 10 GB !)

back on topic i wish all the trackers try to remove the ratio system its relly getting old thing and this for sure will decrease the numbers of cheaters and hit and runs and will

give the chance for the users with a slow speed conaction to use elite trackers and at all torrent is about sharing not how much speed u got

ftn for example its dosent have ratio system u just seed ur file for 36 hours no matter what the speed u have and i think every body is happy and its dosent make ftn any worse

but to ban good users for something they have nothing to do about it its absolutely unfair
    Last edited by supper; 02-18-2008 at 07:29 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yes they banned Israels and polish ips
    and i don't know why
    may be because of the big amount amount of cheaters of those countries

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinon View Post
    I never said cheating is good or justified. It's bad and parasitic. I'm just saying that it's not fun to be banned because of my fellow cheaters.
    Hmmmm, interesting choice of words, I hope you didn't actually mean what you typed??

Quote Originally Posted by Yinon View Post
    At this rate it'll be public trackers for me ):
    SSL on usenet, you don't have to seed anything back.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast