Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: Why do people want so much FTN?

Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by drewvs View Post
    A hypocrite I am but I could not help but read this post again....

Your response was solid, but as I recall FTN did get "owned."

There are always two sides to the story and I respect the other side.
    I could be completely wrong, I made the assumption that you were the owner of FTN, who is also named Brandon.

All assumptions aside, If I recall correctly FTN was hacked because of poor security (a password that has already been hashed.) Anyway, anyone using torrents will soon learn; torrents are garbage.

My obvious point, quit sucking ass to torrent admins, it's a waste of time [core axx is not scene].

I would like to add that if it is true, I am truly glad your distoros are Debian.

If you run X, Gnome, kde, xfce, or other? just curious.
    Well I might be the owner of FTN, and I might not. I don't think that's really relevant, however regarding the hacking here's a link for you: http://torrentfreak.com/hackers-spen...ations-071229/

FTN has never to my knowledge ever been "hacked" at a site level. And if it has, they must have seen the furry friends post in the staff section and become too warm and cuddly inside to actually do anything b/c no damage has ever been done to the site in that regard.

Regarding the last part, I only use CLI for servers. I do run gnome at home for one of my main desktop PC's, but I personally find it retarded to run any type of GUI (gnome, kde, or X in general) due to the fact that it's not needed and wastes resources. I'm not a linux noob if that's what you're trying to aim at, and I do use linux as my main OS (no not ubuntu although I am impressed with it in its terms of trying to become more mainstream). If your next question has to do with the other most common when someone points that finger, my password is an alpha-numeric password that consists of a length of 14 and has both upper-case and lower-case letters, I do not run ssh on port 22, and I have locked the sshd port to my IP through iptables on the majority of my servers.

I'll be modest and say I'm not what I would personally consider any expert, but I'm in no way or shape anywhere near noob level.

Regarding the posts above about me wasting my time in here, I agree.

So having said that, carry on and have a nice day. I have an exciting dentist appointment to get to.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

2. BitTorrent   -   #202
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Well I might be the owner of FTN, and I might not. I don't think that's really relevant, however regarding the hacking here's a link for you: http://torrentfreak.com/hackers-spen...ations-071229/
    gud one
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 05-28-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: sehr gut
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

3. BitTorrent   -   #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Oh, and I'm not sure if I answered the original question at all earlier in this thread, but I really think most people want FTN for the fact that you can download for free what you want at literally no cost. As in, we'll give you warez for free without you having to feel obligated to move to sweden or purchase a server or even buy GB's. Torrentbits set out to spread overpriced goods for free to those who otherwise wouldnt be able to get them. FTN is all about giving you that same mentality. Maybe some people really do appreciate that.
    That's exactly the appeal of FTN for me. I have absolutely no interest for any other trackers that are levels 4, 6-10 (except for plain curiosity, but even that is mostly satisfied by reviews).

I really don't understand why people are so interested in levels. It's my understanding that they were originally designed to help traders decide what a good trade is. Of course, I don't like trading, which is probably why I don't care about the levels at all.

4. BitTorrent   -   #204
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I don`t understand why there in FTN are a lot of guys who don`t have the accounts for content or for that community and they have it for trade or for level this is very frustratig....I don`t say that I`m the best member but in that moment I think that I`m an good one and I have 0% changes for FTN so...

5. BitTorrent   -   #205
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    might be good atmosphere ok

6. BitTorrent   -   #206
    Because is the very best of all?
    has no ratio system,good community,very nice staff

7. BitTorrent   -   #207
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by king2008 View Post
    Because is the very best of all?
    has no ratio system,good community,very nice staff
    is community really that important?..it seems like thats the cliche for FTN..i mean they're good sites like TL,What.cd but no one ever says ..oh I want access there because of the community. Im not personally commenting on the person above me but I think by now FTN (users/higher ups) know that ppl saying because of the community is BS.

8. BitTorrent   -   #208
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Generally I agree with the comment above me. Most people talking about community never post in the forums after they get invited.

9. BitTorrent   -   #209
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    It's sad that t people have latched onto community as an acceptable reason to be invited to a tracker. It's become a bit of a cliche and will probably go way and be replaced with whatever flavour of the month excuse seems to work. and what sert says is true many people don't even bother to post in the forums use the irc or even download torrents :| I'm not really speaking about FTN because I've never invited anyone there more about other trackers that I can see what kind of impact people have after going on and on about how they're looking for a great community. The idea of community however isn't bullshit...some sites particularly smaller ones value their community feel and it's a shame people feel the need to abuse that.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021