Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why do people want so much FTN?

Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I am no member of FTN so i'll restrain from venting my opinion about FTN. One should not talk about things one doesn't know.

What I do know is that this whole thread can be summarized into a few sentences, without the need of spending 18+ pages filled with bold statements from various members, some of them qualified to express their opinions, some others just wanting to vent their frustrations for not getting into FTN, and some others that are judgemental just because they are members at other trackers than FTN.

There are some things in this thread though I would like to react to because i find them a little odd.

On page 8 you (Brandon) say this:

Do people want to get into FTN because access is hard. If you are honest with yourself you have to admit that a lot of people want to get in just for that reason. The demand is far greater than the supply. That is a universal law of economics and although I do not consider the 'BT-world' as the real world I have to say that some symptoms of the 'real' world apply to the 'BT-universe'.

By closing the invites you made it even more difficult to get into FTN, thus creating even smaller supply, ergo people will start to try even harder to get into FTN. Indeed...if you closed the invites for ever, and never let anymore new members into FTN and no FTN user would ever trade his/hers account than I would agree with you that closing the invite system wouldn't create a hype.

Once it would be clear for all the invite/account-diggers that there was 0% chance to get in you would have succesfully stopped the FTN hype.

I don't claim that all users are interested in FTN because of it's difficulty to get in, but surely a vast majority of them considers this fact (conscious or unconscious) as their main reason to get into FTN.

Second fact is that a lot of FTN-members are expressing their opinions about the tracker and I see a lot of positive points...the no-ratio system...the speeds...the content...the friendlyness of the staff...the warm and hearty athmosphere...maybe not the best but still very decent pré-times, etc...
    This is the second reason why people want to join FTN...they hear some great things about the tracker (I am not claiming they are true because I cannot judge about that). If you would take a tracker that is as difficult to join as FTN, but without all these things the FTN members like so much, that 'hype' wouldn't last all that long imho.

I don't see the point of writing 100's of posts when the answer is really straightforward, but I believe it is only straightforward if you aren't in some way subjective because of greed, envy or vendetta.

Let every FTN-member decide if they like it or not...if they don't, they should ask the staff to delete their accounts and move on to another tracker that would fullfill their needs better.

In general I find it very courageous of you to come here to FST (and stay here) to defend your tracker, Brandon. You have not been spared by other peoples comments and keep answering them, although I am sure if I were you I would have stopped replying to those insults long ago.

Enough with my ass-kissing intermezzo ... there's something else I would like to point out about this thread.

Something has happened between ScT and FTN ... I don't know what and frankly I don't really care. I've seen a lot of threads about FTN and a whole lot of them just end in the comparison between those two trackers, sometimes it ends rather calm but most of the time it takes some mod's interference because the flaming is never far away.

You seem like a reasonable person and that is why I find it strange that you post things like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    PS: I love how your signature says "Won't reject SCT invite "
    Who's the one licking sct's balls?
    SCT and SCC aren't the only ones on Spa... I'm sure they'll know what i'm talking about.
    I was just hinting that I know what topsite sct and scc use, and gave the first 3 letters of the name, also hinting that it's not some big secret. Just because a torrent site can charge users for GB's and make a ton of money and pay for topsite axx and gbit servers doesn't mean they're a better site.
    FTN pays for no axx, yet we're on the exact same site. To me that says a lot. Let me give you an example, keep in mind sct did this using an auto, we did it as a manual (you can see auto's on ftn by the torrent having FTN- in front of the .torrent name).
    FTN uploading it manually (this takes longer)
    What.Happens.In.Vegas.R5.LINE.DVDR-mVs
    Uploaded 5m, 34s after pre
    SCT using an auto (it's immediate)
    What Happens In Vegas R5 LINE DVDR-mVs
    Uploaded 4 mins, 59 secs after pre.
    30 seconds.
    All i'm saying is, we're just as capable.
    Although you said yourself somewhere in these 18 pages you don't want this topic to evolve into a comparison between FTN and ScT you are giving yourself a very bad example.

Nobody asked, nor really needs to know the info about where ScT gets it's releases. Same goes for the pay for invites ... I think everybody knows by now how the invite-system works at ScT.
    The fact you get your hands on the releases for free and ScT isn't, is really not important and anybody could come here and claim things like that, without any proof.

You yourself are starting to compare FTN with ScT (and S*C) without a real reason. It is much more credible if you just defend your tracker by naming all the positive points that were pointed out by the members of FTN that already posted here and in various other threads, than saying why you are a good tracker in comparison to others and in the mean time talking sh*t about them.

Off course I am well aware you could dismiss this post because you don't know me, because i am not an FTN member, or it would be easier for you to think I'm just another ScT-fanboy, but I can honestly tell you that I am in now way influenced when I write this and I mean this as a word of advise.

Have a nice day.
    First off I just want to say that I respect you for taking the time to write all of that and put as much effort into it as you did.

You seemed very sincere, and very neutral. I agree with what you said about the hype, and that makes total sense. I would love to be more open with the invites, however they truly were shut down for legitimate reasons other than those related to "hype". You have to understand, there truly is no point in hyping up a site that people cant get into. I worded that completely wrong in that post, the first part makes no sense now that I'm re-reading it. But my point was basically that it's pointless to create hype for something that most people won't get. It's like me showing you the new 8Ghz processor that costs $10,000. Are you going to go out and get one? Probably not.. because you know the chances of you being able to afford it are slim to none unless you have a ton of cash to blow.

The real reason we're being so short with invites is because it makes it sooooo much easier for me to control them. Say for example I see someone offering an invite for $500, I now only have to look through 20 people in order to find that person, versus say 300. Hype really means nothing when you get down to it, because eventually they're either going to like it or hate it. I could open up signups right now and I promise you people would signup regardless of hype because they're going to be curious. I can't even count on my fingers the amount of no-name trackers i've signed up to just because I wanted to check them out

Regarding the last part, I only said that to make my point in saying that those hating will eat their words. When I finish working on a few things and FTN is not only getting its pretimes back in shape, as well as a few new pretty sweet things being done that I can't mention, I promise you you'll eat your words.

I drifted off for a while there, and FTN suffered for it. But big daddy B is back.

So if you don't want your account, and you'd rather say we suck when we're not only winning pre's, but also giving you the releases for free (without having to worry about ratio) and giving you those releases guaranteed with speed.. Then please PM me on site and I'll gladly disable you.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I answered the original question at all earlier in this thread, but I really think most people want FTN for the fact that you can download for free what you want at literally no cost. As in, we'll give you warez for free without you having to feel obligated to move to sweden or purchase a server or even buy GB's. Torrentbits set out to spread overpriced goods for free to those who otherwise wouldnt be able to get them. FTN is all about giving you that same mentality. Maybe some people really do appreciate that.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

2. BitTorrent   -   #182
    BadFungus's Avatar Infected !!!
    FTN will once and for all kick SCT ´s ass

and i hope Disme opinion is really that "neutral" as he says ...

3. BitTorrent   -   #183
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFungus View Post

Actually, to be correct we were quite a bit faster every day until they "obtained" CT's auto upload script. It just took us a bit longer to re-coop in regard to the fact that we couldn't spend a couple grand a month on servers and axx because we choose not to charge the underprivileged for the same luxury as others.

But, those problems are behind us now. We will continue to do what do best. Spread overpriced shit for free at as little cost to you and to us.

PS: You can say I'm talking shit in this post, and I might be.. But I'm just being honest and correcting the above statement. "Operation Lush" was only a temporary solution.

PS2: Also for the record, I still think this "who has the fastest pretime" thing is stupid Judge a site for the fact that they constantly put themselves at risk every day for you and fight to keep this stuff public and free, not because they can get it from one FTP to another FTP faster.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-27-2008 at 12:55 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

4. BitTorrent   -   #184
    BadFungus's Avatar Infected !!!
    Well we all express ourselves just like we are and this is a community ruled by freedom of speech.

Besides, who talks truthfully doesn't deserve punishment

5. BitTorrent   -   #185
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    First off I just want to say that I respect you for taking the time to write all of that and put as much effort into it as you did.
    You seemed very sincere, and very neutral.
    Thanks.

The real reason we're being so short with invites is because it makes it sooooo much easier for me to control them. Say for example I see someone offering an invite for $500, I now only have to look through 20 people in order to find that person, versus say 300.
    That makes sense indeed but you don't need to justify why you don't open signups or hand out loads of invites to every member. Thx though for explaining.

I can't even count on my fingers the amount of no-name trackers i've signed up to just because I wanted to check them out
    I second that ... I think all BT-users in their 'BT-life' have at some point done that, until some come to the point of being satisfied with what they have. And even than it's hard not to signing-up into new trackers. It's just human nature I guess.

Regarding the last part, I only said that to make my point in saying that those hating will eat their words.
    I hope that you succeed in whatever you are planning to do. That kind of 'revenge' can be very satisfying.
    I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't have used other trackers to point out the quality of your own because from what i read from FTN-members already, your tracker has more than ample positive aspects you can quote to prove your point.

When I finish working on a few things and FTN is not only getting its pretimes back in shape, as well as a few new pretty sweet things being done that I can't mention, I promise you you'll eat your words.
    I drifted off for a while there, and FTN suffered for it. But big daddy B is back.
    So if you don't want your account, and you'd rather say we suck when we're not only winning pre's, but also giving you the releases for free (without having to worry about ratio) and giving you those releases guaranteed with speed.. Then please PM me on site and I'll gladly disable you.
    I guess this part wasn't meant for me but for the general public and the unsatisfied members of FTN.

The point isn't IF I am neutral or not ... I am sure that if you read my post carefully you cannot say I tried to create 'havoc' in this thread or was just flaming Brandon for something he said and I didn't agree with.

I think I did the best I could to discuss things in a civilised and 'neutral' way without the (usual) flaming or swearing.

I can understand that FTN and ScT aren't best friends, after all they have a lot of history between them, but since none of them has ever done something wrong vis à vis myself who I am to judge either of them.
    Last edited by Disme; 05-27-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #186
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Brandon said it. Freeleech on everything for ever, and soon with no forced seeding time (if it goes ahead), is something I think few sites with (even if some will still complain and bitch, because they're so 1337 they have FTN and despise it - wow, why don't you disable yourself then? :lol) a dedicated upload team, some very exclusive DVDR packs, and constant influx of ohday can boast to possess.

Let's look at iTS for example. Nice close-knit group of people, original tracker, etc. Also freeleech. But in terms of content, not the biggest treasure coffer out there, if you get what I mean.

So yeah, at the end of teh day people will always bitch and brag, and say it's overhyped and whatnot, but if you sincerely dislike it, like Brandon said, go ahead and ask for a disable. Otherwise, no point in being there, right?

And these will be the last words I say here.

FTN was and is at the forefront of the BT universe. It isn't afraid of trying new things out, and for that it can only get my approvement.

As a last statement, I think ScT and FTN can both live in the same world. Both are great at what they do, even if one or the other choose different routes. They're both excellent sites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #187
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I still think this "who has the fastest pretime" thing is stupid
    Agree 100%, cuz I think no one will be sitting in front of pc, pressing F5 to download a movie "1 minute and 13 seconds after pre" instead of "1 minute and 53 seconds after pre" !!

It`s crazy and ppl whit that habits should be banned from the earth imo
    Last edited by BOOM; 05-27-2008 at 05:55 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #188
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    my opinion:
    when i first found out about it i said BIG deal, its just rare. but then i read the review and said OMG WTF???? no ratio?!?!?!?!?

so that's basically it, ratios are a thing of the past. seriously, why track what you have taken if what counts is what you give back . off course the no-ratio system is to be monitored well.

but in some cases ratio makes it possible to maintain a site like BMTV. i think a no-ratio system would totally mess the tracker up, maybe, but maybe not.

edit:

Actually, to be correct we were quite a bit faster every day until they "obtained" CT's auto upload script. It just took us a bit longer to re-coop in regard to the fact that we couldn't spend a couple grand a month on servers and axx because we choose not to charge the underprivileged for the same luxury as others.

But, those problems are behind us now. We will continue to do what do best. Spread overpriced shit for free at as little cost to you and to us.

PS: You can say I'm talking shit in this post, and I might be.. But I'm just being honest and correcting the above statement. "Operation Lush" was only a temporary solution.

PS2: Also for the record, I still think this "who has the fastest pretime" thing is stupid Judge a site for the fact that they constantly put themselves at risk every day for you and fight to keep this stuff public and free, not because they can get it from one FTP to another FTP faster.
    i must say, it makes me wanna be in FTN only for their community (lol call it-FTC- For The Community). its great to hear this, it seem that people that know a lot more than p2p and BT are there.
    Last edited by colombianino; 05-27-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

9. BitTorrent   -   #189
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    FTN sucks big time

Nothing special inside some shitty pre release ( most of them TV ) with 1-2 seeders, that's all.

For More info, Click Here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ftn-sucks-big-time-lol-296310

10. BitTorrent   -   #190
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    When u search community... yes...

when u search only torrents and good speed... you can find this in a lot of other trackers...