Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people want so much FTN?

J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    They want it only for one reason - they don't have it and because you people have made them believe that it's a place like no other. I admit being one of the victim of this hype.

fOrUmAs' post is an example of how misleading some people with their information can be..

- They have no ratio, neither do they have any peers.. that's actually quite interesting phenomenon, because to most people it's the primary reason to join ftn - why don't you use the opportunity once you have given it? I guess it's either because the tracker doesn't offer that much or because people simply prefer the upload/download/ratio system.

- I guess "great community" is a bit more subjective. The truth is that the forum is relatively inactive and it looks like only a really small percentage of the users are actually posting and taking part of forum activities. And to be honest the users don't really have much to look forward to, because there simply isn't much going on. There are no comps, contests etc. sort of fun, which would involve all the users. I don't know about the IRC myself though.

- Well I don't really whine about the speeds etc., because I'm thankful for every file uploaded. But I guess the fact that the speeds are not always that good and many files don't even get uploaded is a reason why many users prefer other trackers and keep their accounts only for their bragging rights.

And I'm quite disappointed that they've become Pay2Invite site, the very same site that they bashed some few months ago. SCT(ftw) was made the object of all the e-dramas, because of pay2invite and now they're going the exact same path. Too bad.

Anyway I don't have anything against ftn and hopefully the situation will improve.

word up

someone should make this post sticky

2. BitTorrent   -   #162
    Itachi's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    demand > supply = rare tracker !

3. BitTorrent   -   #163
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    They want it only for one reason - they don't have it and because you people have made them believe that it's a place like no other. I admit being one of the victim of this hype.

fOrUmAs' post is an example of how misleading some people with their information can be..

- They have no ratio, neither do they have any peers.. that's actually quite interesting phenomenon, because to most people it's the primary reason to join ftn - why don't you use the opportunity once you have given it? I guess it's either because the tracker doesn't offer that much or because people simply prefer the upload/download/ratio system.

- I guess "great community" is a bit more subjective. The truth is that the forum is relatively inactive and it looks like only a really small percentage of the users are actually posting and taking part of forum activities. And to be honest the users don't really have much to look forward to, because there simply isn't much going on. There are no comps, contests etc. sort of fun, which would involve all the users. I don't know about the IRC myself though.

- Well I don't really whine about the speeds etc., because I'm thankful for every file uploaded. But I guess the fact that the speeds are not always that good and many files don't even get uploaded is a reason why many users prefer other trackers and keep their accounts only for their bragging rights.

And I'm quite disappointed that they've become Pay2Invite site, the very same site that they bashed some few months ago. SCT(ftw) was made the object of all the e-dramas, because of pay2invite and now they're going the exact same path. Too bad.

Anyway I don't have anything against ftn and hopefully the situation will improve.

This post should be fixed imo

4. BitTorrent   -   #164
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Cuz when i get into FTN (Oh and I will)..ill change my nickname to lozzerbozer and start a thread on ever "bitorrent" forum, on every torrent site and name drop FTN and Sct as many times as I can. Then Ill do a comparison between Sct and FTN and shit on users who can't get it. Ill name drop FTN like its nobodies business and the Cayman Islands, Big Black Dick premium rum!

5. BitTorrent   -   #165
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    demand > supply = rare tracker !
    hype + ranting + zillion posts + popular secret = demand (in this case)

6. BitTorrent   -   #166
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    boring 17-page useless thread + we're all tired of it = I'm outtie.

Goodbye

7. BitTorrent   -   #167
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If you don't want it leave. But you will eat your words very soon.

SCT and SCC aren't the only ones on Spa... I'm sure they'll know what i'm talking about.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-26-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

8. BitTorrent   -   #168
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

SCT and SCC aren't the only ones on Spa... I'm sure they'll know what i'm talking about.
    Are you talking to me? I didn't mean any disrespect to FTN, in fact if you see the post I made about FTN in this thread you'll see I'm not bitching in any way about it.

Just stating that the thread is going nowhere. Surely you've noticed that?

9. BitTorrent   -   #169
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post

Are you talking to me? I didn't mean any disrespect to FTN, in fact if you see the post I made about FTN in this thread you'll see I'm not bitching in any way about it.

Not going anywhere? ARE U SURE? this thread has just starting to take off..to da moooon!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #170
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post

It was aimed at the thread in general. I'm just saying, yea FTN has slowed down a lot lately due to obvious reasons that were spammed to hell on this forum and others, but things are going to change very soon.

I was just hinting that I know what topsite sct and scc use, and gave the first 3 letters of the name, also hinting that it's not some big secret. Just because a torrent site can charge users for GB's and make a ton of money and pay for topsite axx and gbit servers doesn't mean they're a better site.

FTN pays for no axx, yet we're on the exact same site. To me that says a lot. Let me give you an example, keep in mind sct did this using an auto, we did it as a manual (you can see auto's on ftn by the torrent having FTN- in front of the .torrent name).

FTN uploading it manually (this takes longer)
    What.Happens.In.Vegas.R5.LINE.DVDR-mVs
    Uploaded 5m, 34s after pre

SCT using an auto (it's immediate)
    What Happens In Vegas R5 LINE DVDR-mVs
    Uploaded 4 mins, 59 secs after pre.

30 seconds.
    All i'm saying is, we're just as capable. So talk all the shit you want, say FTN sucks bla bla, but just because we hit a small speed bump due to my absence, doesn't mean we're finished. Just don't beg me for another invite when I prove you wrong.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast