Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stopping the Cheaters

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    +1
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Seedbox users are the minority; they over-seed and give no chance for those with slow line to seed back. They are the one that should be ban.
    Actually a complex situation if you are unhappy about resources ready to leech..

perhaps global ratio rules should be a bit more relaxed then, also taking the last excuse away from the cheaters ;P

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    One way to atleast reduce cheating is by eliminating ratio systems or atleast making them less stringent.
    Developing anti-cheat scripts is a surefire way of complete elimination.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    off-topic: it's funny when people with slow connection speeds complain about users with seedboxes, saying that they "overseed and give no chance for those with slow connection". i'm sorry if i sound a little harsh now but noone forces you to use the top speed sites where most people have seedboxes.. stick with torrentleech and such, or invest in a seedbox yourself..what's the point of using the top speed trackers if your connection is slow anyways? (nup, i don't have a seedbox )

on-topic: i think the best way to fight cheaters is to keep improving the anti-cheating scripts.. with good scripts i don't think cheating is a problem. i mean if most cheaters get caught it wouldn't be such big of a problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Gilgameshx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    If you eliminate the ratio there would be dramatic increase in hit n run+users limiting their upload. For a start it would be wise not to talk about cheaters this way here cause every guest can see comments like "if you are cheater and smart you can cheat and get away with it"

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    If you eliminate the ratio there would be dramatic increase in hit n run+users limiting their upload. For a start it would be wise not to talk about cheaters this way here cause every guest can see comments like "if you are cheater and smart you can cheat and get away with it"
    That is wrong!

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    off-topic: it's funny when people with slow connection speeds complain about users with seedboxes, saying that they "overseed and give no chance for those with slow connection". i'm sorry if i sound a little harsh now but noone forces you to use the top speed sites where most people have seedboxes.. stick with torrentleech and such, or invest in a seedbox yourself..what's the point of using the top speed trackers if your connection is slow anyways? (nup, i don't have a seedbox )
    What you said is very true. (note the smilely I use) I have a slow pipe and use T*B for most of my need. Rapidshare is the other source. I have acc in some mid level trackers that I keep active and use them only when I can't get files from my normal sources.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    it sometimes is hard to seed back when your on such a good website that has about so many seeders on every torrent wouldnt it be a good idea to give more upload credit to begin with to the users who have a slow connection this way they can achieve a better ratio easily without being banned so quick

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    The only cheater in a torrent site is that donation button.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    The only cheater in a torrent site is that donation button.
    Yes, because every owner of a torrent site want to pay 500-3000$ a month themself.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast