Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read This Story

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Ok a man here in Australia got adsl broadband his kids came over got kazaa to download some nice stuff for him and left it going 24/7 for a whole month.

The problem is this

Bigpond the ISP charge you Uploads cap and downloads cap of 300 megs per month! (yeah Iknow it sux to live in Aust like myself) well he got his bill at the end of the month for

the month was actully $80 a month for 300 meg cap and 17 cents for any meg after that uploaded or downloaded

$2100,00 becaseu he had left it on the whole month for ppl to upload

here is a reason why some ppl may leech around the world

the poor guy was in tears went to court but lost becasue he accepted the terms and contitions

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    We who live in Australia all know that Big Pond sux....they are lousy with their megabites considering that they charge like wounded bulls, and they dont really explain it all to you when you sign up either, and the worst thing is is that they don't warn you that you have exceeded your Mb limit, they sit back...laugh and take your money.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I had the same problem with another Australian Server "Optusnet". They were quiet happy to sell me 250 hours per month. For 3 months they roll over the unused hours, then delete what is unused. If you do happen to exceed the hours you have, they charge $3.97 per hour, for each hour you exceed.
    Why should they care about it if we make a simple mistake with exceeding hours or Mb?... The People at these companies would probably sell their Mothers for a Dollar, and that's after they've had Sex with them.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    The problem is Telstra contorl our line in Australia and they wont upgrade ppl like myself to off a RIM to get adsl which f8Cking sux, however if I get shitty Bigpond they will

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I was also mearly trying to point out that not everyone aorund the world like US ppl can have unlimited cap however alot of ppl around the world do have a cap on uploads

just pinting out why some ppl may leech for that reason

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    No, sorry, that doesn't make sense. If your bandwith cap has been exceeded it has been exceeded. If it hasn't been exceeded then your uploads and downloads will not be affected.
    It's clearly a question of "on or off".

Not - "this is my excuse to leech" .

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    No, sorry, that doesn't make sense. If your bandwith cap has been exceeded it has been exceeded. If it hasn't been exceeded then your uploads and downloads will not be affected.
    It's clearly a question of "on or off".
    I don't think you understand me if you cap goes over the 300 meg mark every meg after that is 20 cents per meg over that which adds up very quickly this person happened to have his puter on 24/7 by accdent with kazaa open the whole time while ppl were uploading off him. www.pigpnd.com.au it will tell the price plans look for yourself

btw I have 56k unlimeted and that is my only choice so f*Ck that

and Im not a leech if thats what your thinking most of the time mu uploaders give up anyway

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    I understand very well as I also have a cap.
    When it's exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
    So what you're saying doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn't make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok sorry didn't know that it cuts off P2P but in this case pigpond must not.

and yes I was pointing out that ppl would rather pay more for downloading rather then uploading. sorry I didn't point that out propaly

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    No, it doesn't. The sensible user does. Why download what you can get in a more pure form on CD, in a box, for the same cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast