Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My site

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok lets think about this logically for a minute here, if I wanted to keep every torrent alive on BCG, and we only have 6,000 torrents a general tracker will have a lot more than that.

I would have to download every single torrent on the site, i would then have to seed every single torrent on the site, so lets say i have 100 100mbit servers (i wish lol).

thats 600 torrents on each 1.

lets say the average torrent size is 2 gig.

thats 1.2 TB of hdd space i would need on each server.

now lets look at bw, and more importantly what speeds I could give those torrents.

I have 100meg, which equates to about 13MBs.

600 torrents on each server

0.21KBs (if i worked that out right lol) for each torrent.

It is not possible and its not feesable and even suggesting that he would try to do it, and more importantly, that they have the funding to do it, was a very drastic wrong move i`m afraid.

Honestly, some people seem to think those that are running torrent sites are like the mafia or something, unlimited pockets of cash, so they do not need the donations.

I am unemployed, i do it as a hobby, and to get to know people and all that boring shit, i am not in it to make any money, but the simple fct is, if no one donated at all for the next 2 months, BCG would not exist, or if it did, my marriage wouldnt (because my wife would bloody kill me).

If they are on a cheap server, i do applaude you for that, too many sites these days start out on a £250 super duper dedicated server, dont get the donations they were hoping for (again thinking that running a tracker is a money making scheme probably) and have to close up sharpish.

so it is best to start small and work your way up the food chain, its just some of the claims you made, were not very well thought out im afraid.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-23-2008 at 10:17 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    It is possible, just pointless and expensive.

Request system and uploaders willing to fill them, is all a torrent site needs, IMHO.
    So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.
    - Sun Tzu

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history........... He was a crap designer coder then/ he doesn't seem to have learned anything in the interim and his elite staff from last time seem to have disappeared without contributing anything.
    His tracker was originally called.......wait for it scenegateway, but everyone jumped down his throat for having yet another 'scene' in the title tracker, so he changed it to vaportorrents (anyone remember that?), and what did vaportorrents do ? evaporate
    So now here we go again, back to scenegateway, we still have the same mysterious staff ( who haven't slapped him for doing sod all with the tbdev source code) the same elite uploaders, the same promises and the same bullshit. As I said look into this guys post history, everything you are going to say to him has been said before, he didn't listen then, he won't listen now, he will continue to live in his happy little fantasy world that he is running his elite tracker.
    Superseed I've said it before, I will say it again, your a world class, prize winning , chrome plated fuckwit, I just seem to have a longer memory than most, but as others read your post history they will realise just what a walter mitty you really are.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Villain's Avatar Web Designer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history........... He was a crap designer coder then/ he doesn't seem to have learned anything in the interim and his elite staff from last time seem to have disappeared without contributing anything.
    His tracker was originally called.......wait for it scenegateway, but everyone jumped down his throat for having yet another 'scene' in the title tracker, so he changed it to vaportorrents (anyone remember that?), and what did vaportorrents do ? evaporate
    So now here we go again, back to scenegateway, we still have the same mysterious staff ( who haven't slapped him for doing sod all with the tbdev source code) the same elite uploaders, the same promises and the same bullshit. As I said look into this guys post history, everything you are going to say to him has been said before, he didn't listen then, he won't listen now, he will continue to live in his happy little fantasy world that he is running his elite tracker.
    Superseed I've said it before, I will say it again, your a world class, prize winning , chrome plated fuckwit, I just seem to have a longer memory than most, but as others read your post history they will realise just what a walter mitty you really are.
    Owned!

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO View Post
    what is the main idea of that logo?

Anybody knows?
    It's an American term, or English moreover, it's called a "cash cow" which is a product that generates a huge amount of money, where excess money is used for other business ventures. For example, Microsoft's Windows operating system is a cash cow; the money from that operating system was used on other ventures, such as the XBox, Zune, and whatever else Microsoft sells these days.

And Linux of course is the poor starving penguin looking to get some of that chubby cash.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    OTO's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

Anybody knows?
    It's an American term, or English moreover, it's called a "cash cow" which is a product that generates a huge amount of money, where excess money is used for other business ventures. For example, Microsoft's Windows operating system is a cash cow; the money from that operating system was used on other ventures, such as the XBox, Zune, and whatever else Microsoft sells these days.

And Linux of course is the poor starving penguin looking to get some of that chubby cash.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Villain's Avatar Web Designer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

Anybody knows?

Logo isn't made by them, they used TBdev logo.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history...........
    so true...

start here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...anted-243828/?

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    i was asking for advice and ive got good tips stoi thanks but not were here to stay and will see. constructive criticism at least please. everyone starts somewhere.

Site is offline for everyone but sysop till the coding is complete. Thanks for comments etc..

Weve been taking advice and have been sorting out design including cat icons forum icons and soon to be banners etc...
    Last edited by superseed101; 08-24-2008 at 02:23 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    UPDATE Banner has been added aswell as alot alot of security mods and forums revamped.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast