Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are people here just to get invite or want to become part of this community ?

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Community is wherever and however you want it to be, it is only your limitations that hold you back from getting involved and participating wherever you want (perceived on where you are may influence them perceptions even more) . There are many tracker forums where I do not & never have posted anything, there are others where I have posted a few times.

A lot of newcomers have googled xxx tracker invite and ended up here, so they work at getting what they want and move on, some create friends and move on with them friends (some groups have even formed trackers together by being here first), and they move on as a group. There are a few individuals who hang around and offer back what they can, some have posted in this thread and we all know each other not only from here but from trackers as well, and we can trust each other and we are part of a wider community, it's all interaction and it happens without expectation, too much is made of the word "community", yet it is right here staring you right in the face, if only you wanted it.

It is cyclic though, there is a new rash of blood every few months and we see all the same topics resurfacing, just the poster and those answering will be different, but occasionally one will hang around and join in with what is here and stay and get involved.

So it doesn't matter why a person is here, any one of the things you mention could be the reason they are here, and if they get what they want out of it, who cares, live & let live, I am here cos of the lolz and the banter, there are some funny posters around if you bothered to look, and there are some very intelligent posters who let us in on their secrets now & then, and if you hung around and got involved, then you would know who they are without them being pointed out for you.

Like everything in life, you get out of it what you invest in it, and each to their own eh?

Have a nice day.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    I got sent this site from someone off another site - found it quite interesting, have been visiting for the last few weeks and has certainly enlightened me to the torrent side of things.

Is certainly in my daily visit list.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i came here for the invites at first, but enjoyed Fst and decided to stick around for the ride

/thinking to self
    sometimes i wish i was a mod so i could ban some of the trolls on here.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i think people will always come here for invites. a few of those might stay and get involved though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Pirate BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't know why other members signed up but I know why I did.
    Filesharing talk is he number one Bittorrent info source with great tracker reviews and qonderfull people that willing to help.
    How I know that you ask. Well... lets jus say that I have a friend signed up here for the wrong reason.
    The first rule of fight club is, you don’t talk about fight club

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Lot's of different reasons why people join this board, but the main reason must be chasing this or that invite.

Some do it a bit more sophistacated than others, they make friends like crazy, do some lower level GA's and than request the rarer ones.
    Some just sign-up and remain inactive for a month to request the tracker they like.

Traders, anti-traders, spammers, trolls, scammers, whiners, beggars, signature braggers, hypocrits and some decent filesharers, ... you'll find them all at this melting pot called FST.

After a while you start to recognise them rotten apples from a mile away.
    The ones making a 'retirement'-topic or a last request are particulary funny I believe ... how do you retire from a community ... you cannot, but you can retire from chasing invites/collecting trackers...

Or the ones that always pretend to be outstanding torrenters and tell others what they have to do when making a request, but than blatantly doing the same when yet another super l33t tracker shows up and the mask just falls for a day or so.

The first time, some years ago, I came here by accident, the second time, several months later I came here because I heared this was the place to score an invite ...

800+ posts later I have come to the conclusion I don't come here for the invites but for fun. Occasionally I will participate in a GA, but that's just curiosity because basically I have already more than I can handle. I have made some friends here, that I have met on other trackers later on.

FST is entertainment too ... watching the interaction between all these members with different goals can be particulary funny to follow (although sometimes a little frustrating too).
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    No, I'm here for the free condoms they give you when you sign up.
    See ya in another life, brother.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    DarkDefender BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Some are here for invites Some are here for trade Some are here for scame
    Some are here for spam Some are here for FTN Some are here for
    Get Everything & Run to other places It is something very natural

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I come here for trackers news and talk. It's odd that in most trackers' forums, you can't talk about other trackers, even in IRC.
    So, this is the place, that we tracker users really gather together and talk about trackers. This is the realy community, because we all chat about what we really do every day...about trckers , buffers, collections, invites

Not that in most tracker forum they forbid you to talk about trackers you login and use everyday and intension to get invite, etc, etc.
    Isn't it sarcastic?? community forbid talking about your real interst in bt world XD

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I registered here long back........ the days when i came to know about ares....... I personally can't keep up with a wide community......... And I'm naturally sick of reading long posts....... So, I din't came much often to this community........ Not even to see the open signup threads....... I luckily had my small community....... I was so contented with what I got there.......

Naturally some people sign up and forget about it....... As, I came back here after an year or so........ and tried my username and password and got straight in........ then i realized, I had a account here........ dudes, its not humanly possible to be active in all of the communities you are member of, in internet........ Its my humble opinion

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast