Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Seeing as Mcmermaid man is back in Washington saving the country and doesn't want to debate an excellent opportunity has arisen.
    Doesn't want to debate? Even the Dems aren't saying that.

McCain all through this election has wanted more debates. Partisan feelings aside, the issue with the economy is far more important a matter than campaigning.

We're going to have a new President in a few weeks no matter what happens. It'd be nice to know that our dollar is worth more than the Peso when it happens.

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Doesn't want to debate? Even the Dems aren't saying that.
    Perhaps the dems aren't saying it, I on the other hand, am

McCain all through this election has wanted more debates. Partisan feelings aside, the issue with the economy is far more important a matter than campaigning.
    Yeah his campaign stopped
    As for more debates, if you mean wanting the town hall things that was nothing more than attempted political one upmanship. They might as well have said " why don't you just follow how I say we should do things and stop being such an uppity boy".

We're going to have a new President in a few weeks no matter what happens. It'd be nice to know that our dollar is worth more than the Peso when it happens.
    And just what do you think McCain or Obama would do about it? Where was McCain this last week when congress was working on it? If he had gone back last week It would have been credible, but at this stage.

Also why make a big hoha about it, why not just go back and do the job he's actually getting payed for without all the dramatics?

Let's just watch him and his supporters claim credit for the plan that appears to have been struck even though it happened without his help.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Never mind. It's obvious you've got your mind made up.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    惡魔的提倡者
    Never mind. It's obvious you've got your mind made up.
    And you don't?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    In this context? No.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者
    what context would that be then?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    @Skizo...
    Seeing as how McCain is the most absent Senator- missing 64% of votes since Jan.2007, which amazingly is even MORE than Tim Johnson, the guy who had a brain hemorrhage- his decision that NOW it's suddenly important to get to work is pretty untenable.

Besides, he's always crowed about his status as a deregulator and admitted that the economy isn't his strong suit, so what does he plan on doing?

This temporary "suspension" is nothing more than a naked political manuever, an attempt to seize control of the moment and define it to his agenda, not any heartfelt concern for the American public and what is inevitably about to befall them.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    He's been campaigning since then.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    He never stopped.
    Ads ran, fundraising continued...all during the time that McCain said he had "suspended" his campaign.

Even better, Palin "suspended" her campaigning as well- despite having absolutely NO role to play in a Congressional solution. The Republicans also want to indefinitely postpone the VP debates, because of this crisis, theoretically, which of course has nothing to do with their fear that she'll be exposed as the lightweight she is.

Fer crissakes, she's STILL insisting that living in Alaska gives her substantive foreign policy experience.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    He never stopped.
    Ads ran, fundraising continued...all during the time that McCain said he had "suspended" his campaign.

Even better, Palin "suspended" her campaigning as well- despite having absolutely NO role to play in a Congressional solution. The Republicans also want to indefinitely postpone the VP debates, because of this crisis, theoretically, which of course has nothing to do with their fear that she'll be exposed as the lightweight she is.
    I thought it was obvious but maybe not.

I was responding to this comment:

Seeing as how McCain is the most absent Senator- missing 64% of votes since Jan.2007, which amazingly is even MORE than Tim Johnson, the guy who had a brain hemorrhage- his decision that NOW it's suddenly important to get to work is pretty untenable.

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast