Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: biohost ! any ideas

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikebhst View Post
    H1ppo, We never did receive your payment. Either you never sent it at all or there was a problem with the transaction.

As for the "overloaded" users, 90% of them are disabled accounts and not in use. Grizwald I don't understand any of the downtime that you speak of, you can view the uptime of all of our servers here,
    So there was only really 2 other users on my box?

10% of 33 is 3.3. Round it down to 3 take away 1 which is me which leaves only 2 other users on the server. Even with only "2 other users" on my box it was still unresponsive and slow everytime I went to use it and it was even down for 4 days of the month I used the box for. I was only credited for 2 of those days despite being told that I would be credited for all 4.

You get what you pay for in the end. Spend $4 and you get $4 worth of service. Better off spending the extra money to get something worthwile.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by h1pp0 View Post
    H1ppo, We never did receive your payment. Either you never sent it at all or there was a problem with the transaction.
    Shows payment as recieved to the following:

Check your paypal email so we can resolve this dispute, you should of gotten a copy of it. And why are you using a hotmail account for a business?

Anyone thinking of paying via paypal, his paypal account is listed as "Non-U.S. - Verified" so there's no buyer/seller protection.
    We never did receive the payment nor have we received a email about the dispute. Can you pm me the transaction ID and I will call paypal and tell them to resolve it for you?

And yes of course biohost is a non-us business but we are verified. As for posting full names thats not really nice of you now is it

And yes there is still buyer/seller protection as long as the account is verified, please ask paypal this.
    Last edited by Mikebhst; 02-25-2009 at 08:26 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    In my honest opinion Biohost rocks, I emailed them last night asking if they will offer any upgraded plans in the near future. Here's what they replied back:

In the future yes we do plan on offering more space how ever at the current time these are our upgrade rates.

$0.75 per GB on the first extra 10GB
    $0.50 per GB anything over an extra 10GB

If you would like extra space please re open this ticket with how much you would like then we will create an invoice for you. Once paid the upgrade will be applied to your account.

Thank you and have a nice day.

~Biohost
    The speeds are really great for me atleast, and I recently checked into outsystem and now that I've gotten this email I don't really want to leave biohost now. Really affordable for anyone, torrentflux may not be the best but otherwise it's a rock solid seedhost. I don't know why they don't advertise the upgraded HDD space, but they do offer it just merely by asking.

For a near 20 more gigs it would be only adding on like $1.25 onto your current plan, not bad.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Larupia View Post
    For a near 20 more gigs it would be only adding on like $1.25 onto your current plan, not bad.
    Maybe I'm mistaken but I read something completely different than $1.25 for 20GB.

So that would be $0.75 x 10 for the first 10GB + $0.50 x 10 for the next 10GB amounting up to $12.50 for 20GB upgrade.

I dunno; maybe it was expressed wrongly by BioHost but you might wanna double-check before casually emailing them "gimma another 50GB plz!"

5. BitTorrent   -   #25

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Maybe I'm mistaken but I read something completely different than $1.25 for 20GB.

So that would be $0.75 x 10 for the first 10GB + $0.50 x 10 for the next 10GB amounting up to $12.50 for 20GB upgrade.

I dunno; maybe it was expressed wrongly by BioHost but you might wanna double-check before casually emailing them "gimma another 50GB plz!"
    Whoops my math is wayy off and must of read the email wrong xD Nevermind my post then.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    What speeds can i expect?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Its almost 3 days that I paid and no answer from them.
    2 open tickets and nothing.

The payment is confirmed and received this 2-3 days ago:

"Note: This email will serve as an official receipt for this payment.
    ~Biohost"

Less than 6 hours setup time?
    I hope I get a setup soon or a refund.
    Or else will need to open a dispute

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Grizwald I don't understand any of the downtime that you speak of, you can view the uptime of all of our servers here,

http://www.biohost.info/status/

ROFL my account was completely unresponsive for several days at a time.

Doesn't matter now, I found a decent seedbox provider somewhere else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123