Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A question to the ScT staff leader Feeling

hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post

OK so all the members they have who cannot get onto these 1337 sites and enjoy the communities on those sites where they ment to go to get there stuff?
    I think there are too many trackers about these days but saying they should all close is taking it way to far
    Imho some of the smaller trackers have a far better community spirit than the 1337 trackers any way.

So over all your statement is self centered
    Lol its not self-centered. I am not even talking about myself?

I just don't see the need for them when there are sites like SCC that are not that hard to get on if you are a good person and give an effort on sites that will give you access to them.

We aren't talking about communities here. That has nothing to do with the sites content.
    Last edited by hotshot6473; 09-21-2009 at 10:27 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post

Because not everyone can get into those high speed sites, as evidenced by user limits.
    Everybody on What.cd and Waffles can get on SCC. Everyone on HDBits can get on GFT. It really isnt that hard to get into TL or RevTT or PTM which don't have the best pre times but get everything in a respectable amount of time.
    Again, not everyone can get into those sites either. The truth is, most of the more desirable sites allow entry based on your merits( the level of skill to be determined by your inviter) and if you are at the bottom of the ladder, you must demonstrate an avid nature toward BT in general to get most people to "risk" their invite privileges due to the need for proof that someone will be a good user.

It's a vicious cycle that has been a major detriment to the entirety of BT imho. If you don't feel the desire to download massive amounts of data you don't care about, you are much less likely to be able to get the trust necessary to gain entry, barring the social aspect that is the only recourse for the folks with no money for seedboxes or invites.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43

Everybody on What.cd and Waffles can get on SCC. Everyone on HDBits can get on GFT. It really isnt that hard to get into TL or RevTT or PTM which don't have the best pre times but get everything in a respectable amount of time.
    Again, not everyone can get into those sites either. The truth is, most of the more desirable sites allow entry based on your merits( the level of skill to be determined by your inviter) and if you are at the bottom of the ladder, you must demonstrate an avid nature toward BT in general to get most people to "risk" their invite privileges due to the need for proof that someone will be a good user.

It's a vicious cycle that has been a major detriment to the entirety of BT imho. If you don't feel the desire to download massive amounts of data you don't care about, you are much less likely to be able to get the trust necessary to gain entry, barring the social aspect that is the only recourse for the folks with no money for seedboxes or invites.
    On FST right now I don't think many people trust other people anymore which I completely understand. It really isn't like it used to be. Other sites like TPS and TR however have really great communities that will be a little more trusting if you are active there and show them that you are worthy.
    Last edited by hotshot6473; 09-21-2009 at 10:27 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44

Lol its not self-centered. I am not even talking about myself?

I just don't see the need for them when there are sites like SCC that are not that hard to get on if you are a good person and give an effort on sites that will give you access to them.

We aren't talking about communities here. That has nothing to do with the sites content.
    Sorry self centered was bit OTT

Yes people may be able get into scc, tl, rev, ipt etc quiet easily but some of the people on the sites you are on about want to be on them sites for the community and dont want to trawl around a lot of sites for torrents so request them at the smaller lesser known ones.
    Plus who are we to tell people that they should get onto those trackers?
    Also with the amount of small trackers about these days I dont think getting rid of them all is gonna be possible as the trackers you mentioned could not cope with all the people on them.

By the way what size/type of site would you say should go.
    Be involved with a smaller site I am wondering if it fits into the catagory of ones you would close?
    Last edited by Duckater; 09-21-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Imho some of the smaller trackers have a far better community spirit than the 1337 trackers any way.
    Absolutely 100% true on that statement.The sites I've dropped over the years, are the very same sites that most of the bittards are just drooling over to get in and it makes no sense.

Pre-times.. c'mon you guys. Who gives a rats turd whether you get a rip 5 mins after release or 6. Does that make a site good??? Seriously. How often do we really care, or need, to have something on the second. Death and birth are about the only things where precise time matters. The rest is discretionary
    Last edited by kallieb; 09-21-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

6. BitTorrent   -   #46

On FST right now I don't think many people trust other people anymore which I completely understand. It really isn't like it used to be. Other sites like TPS and TR however have really great communities that will be a little more trusting if you are active there and show them that you are worthy.
    I am speaking beyond FST tbh. I agree about TPS and TR being nice places, but they still encourage that meritorious system of trust.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could just say "hey, I'd like to invite you to www.insert-random-site-here.com" instead of "Hey, I'd like to invite you to www.insert-random-site-here.com, BUT, I need some proof that you are a great user and will reflect positively on me with your activity on that site, and I also need proof that you aren't a trader/cheater/dupe/seller or disliked by anyone who can put the brakes on my personal bt career."
    Think 9 is the new 10.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    You hit the nail on the head with the end of your statement my personal bt career. to many members of trackers see it almost like a career when to me it is a hobby, there are far more import things in llife than BT
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48

I am speaking beyond FST tbh. I agree about TPS and TR being nice places, but they still encourage that meritorious system of trust.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could just say "hey, I'd like to invite you to www.insert-random-site-here.com" instead of "Hey, I'd like to invite you to www.insert-random-site-here.com, BUT, I need some proof that you are a great user and will reflect positively on me with your activity on that site, and I also need proof that you aren't a trader/cheater/dupe/seller or disliked by anyone who can put the brakes on my personal bt career."
    That would be nice but that is not reality. It is really a simple ladder system. You have to climb each step along the way in order to get where you want to be.

I learned that like most other people. I requested sites that I "wanted" but knew it was going to be a long shot and guess what I didn't get them. I got them from making a few good friends and making sure that I was a good user on sites so I would have access to their invite forums.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    ^^ I wish it were that simple, seriously, but I've been stung in an invite tree before because of bad choices by someone within the chain, and if the site has a scorched earth policy in relation to invites, I will definitely be cautious. Not because my membership is all precious and means the world to me. I have perspective on this issue; but I have enough respect for others that may be affected by my choices, and in that regard I'm not ready to hand out invites with a randomness of candy at Halloween.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    That would be nice but that is not reality. It is really a simple ladder system. You have to climb each step along the way in order to get where you want to be.
    And that was my original point, regarding why the smaller, slower sites need to exist. So the guys at the bottom of the ladder can start somewhere.
    Think 9 is the new 10.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast