Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by llamaj Mim@6 October 2003 - 20:55
    i dont care about what everyone else say, but dbz's animation is great and having the skills to draw decent dbz animations is always a plus for me.

ps: anyone here likes Saint Seiya? it's great, and the new Hades saga is just awesome!
    Yeah!!!! Good for you!!!! Alriiiight!

By the way how old are ya? (is like your sig?20?)

Then it makes sense

The show obviously has some redeeming quality or millions of children wouldn't keep the show alive.

Does the show go past GT? I know once it hits America it's already old in Japan.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Poster
    what is Saint Seiya?

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    dbz is one of my fave anime but thing is , that its like seeing the same thing all over again , and besides im geetting bored of it . The thing that sucks about anime in the us , is that they edit the content and make it boring, and lame

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@6 October 2003 - 11:39
    i hate DBZ because they spend 2 episodes deciding to fight, then they spend 3 episodes training for the fight, then they spend 2 episodes staring at each other, finally they start to fight, well kinda, they stand there screaming for another episode then they start, beginning with an episode of punching backward and forwards, then the next episode is kicking each other across the planet, the next episode is more screaming, then some stuff blows up, more screaming, then someone dies, and then comes back to life, more screaming, and so on
    darthinsuite is right, especially for the original dragon ball that i watched. so stupid and pointless. i found much better things to do (watch movies, do hw, play games, hang out with friends, go out with my gf, yada yada)

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    DB was out in '86, DBZ finished in '95, and DBGT around '97. there's no more after DBGT, unless they keep the movies alive. and there's nothing wrong being almost 20 and still love DB series, if the old transformers is on i would still watch it, i love cartoons/animes.

and Saint Seiya is an anime that has a lot to do with greek mythology
    click this link to see some pictures: http://www.cybercombatclub.com/usa/anime_m..._wallpapers.htm
    click this link for more info: http://www.stseiya.com/index2i.html

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Originally posted by llamaj Mim@6 October 2003 - 22:17
    DB was out in '86, DBZ finished in '95, and DBGT around '97. there's no more after DBGT, unless they keep the movies alive. and there's nothing wrong being almost 20 and still love DB series, if the old transformers is on i would still watch it, i love cartoons/animes.

and Saint Seiya is an anime that has a lot to do with greek mythology
    click this link to see some pictures: http://www.cybercombatclub.com/usa/anime_m..._wallpapers.htm
    click this link for more info: http://www.stseiya.com/index2i.html
    I never said there was anything wrong with liking DB. As I said there's a guy in my crew who is 25 and love's it.

I "personally" think it's one of the most childish toons on TV.
    abu had it right as well.
    There are tons of better things to do, hell, even better cartoons to watch than this pointless crap. The only thing that does seem tight about DB is the underlying epic saga "aspect" of the whole story. The problem is it's atrociously executed.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    The only reason that people can't get used to the Japanese voices is because of the American culture. If you start watching a lot more undubbed anime, you'll notice that many of the character's voices are really high-pitched.

I think that DBZ is cool, but I don't think it's the best anime there is. There's other good anime out like One Piece, Naruto, or Shaman King (not the hardcore-edited dubbed episodes, the fansubbed ones).

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken@6 October 2003 - 23:37
    The only reason that people can't get used to the Japanese voices is because of the American culture. If you start watching a lot more undubbed anime, you'll notice that many of the character's voices are really high-pitched.

I think that DBZ is cool, but I don't think it's the best anime there is. There's other good anime out like One Piece, Naruto, or Shaman King (not the hardcore-edited dubbed episodes, the fansubbed ones).
    I watch alot of undubbed anime but that still doesn't change DB's flaws. It's so childish it's like watching Dora The Explorer except people die.

When I see even the older stuff like Black Magic M-66 and Appleseed which look and sound better and has better action, DB is "child's play".
    Fist Of The North Star was drawn but was way better but I think you get my point. The show's creator was surprised by the response from the first DB.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Poster
    ok guys i need some help.

ive finished episode 1 threw to 10 of onegai twins, but dont have time to make a nother thread cause im gettin ready to go to tafe now.

but i need someone to post the hash's for episode 11,12 and 13 of onegai twins.
    ill make request thread when i get home todey.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Poster
    Don't bother with a request thread, those eps aren't aired yet, hence no hashes. ep 11 airs today (7/10) and 12 at 14/10.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast