Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which tracker is the safest?

fringer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    On the TL forums I've read a lot of topics about people receiving infringement letters from their ISPs. So I am getting a little worried. Should I change TL with something else? I also have account on Zamunda. Do you think it's safer to download form there because it's Bulgarian tracker? What do you think is the safest tracker to use?
    Last edited by fringer; 11-28-2009 at 04:22 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Given the fact that Zamunda has over 600000 users, I wouldn't find it safer than TL.

No tracker is 100% safe, but if you download from sites like SCC, ScT or FTN (hard to get) I think you should be fine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by fringer View Post
    On the TL forums I've read a lot of topics about people receiving infringement letters from their ISPs. So I am getting a little worried. Should I change TL with something else? I also have account on Zamunda. Do you think it's safer to download form there because it's Bulgarian tracker? What do you think is the safest tracker to use?
    Keep TL and use actively IPfilter.dat
    It's not nearly 100% reliable, but it surely won't hurt your security.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    My opinion, get yourself another 0day/general tracker(I suppose the smaller, harder to get into sites are safer than the big ones) and use TL as a backup for their older files that aren't easily found on other sites. The copyright notices in their forums appear to be mostly for brand new files(blockbuster movies, new big games, etc).

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    As funkin said, most of the copyright notices seem come from newly released blockbuster hits, among others.

Avoid CAMs, workprints, early releases, etc. like the plague, especially on larger sites like TL. If you really want one of those releases, try getting them from a smaller, less well known site.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Avoid CAMs, workprints, early releases, etc. like the plague, especially on larger sites like TL. If you really want one of those releases, try getting them from a smaller, less well known site.
    One-click hosters would also be safe, I think.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    thanks for the info guys i learned,though i m not on TL at the moment

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    thanks for the info guys i learned,though i m not on TL at the moment
    ......and you're happy about this because???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    TTC is the safest IMO
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i would say FTN or FsC, maybe im wrong!
    Last edited by 0Ri0N; 11-29-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast