Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Slow Boot Times

BANNED
    Mate with checking what programs are starting with windows,,you could also check how the bios is setup to boot.You only need to enable first boot to hdd,disable anything behind it.Also if you never use the floppy you could disable too.And maybe a reg clean and stuff.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by ck-uk@3 November 2003 - 17:45
    Mate with checking what programs are starting with windows,,you could also check how the bios is setup to boot.You only need to enable first boot to hdd,disable anything behind it.Also if you never use the floppy you could disable too.And maybe a reg clean and stuff.
    what?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    goto start -> run -> type 'msconfig' -> under startup is are all the programs that startup at boot, if you're sure you don't want them to start uncheck them, a good idea would be to post a screenshot and maybe we could tell you what you don't need

in my opinion formatting is the best way to speed up boot
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@3 November 2003 - 23:18
    goto start -> run -> type 'msconfig' -> under startup is are all the programs that startup at boot, if you're sure you don't want them to start uncheck them
    maybe if we get 4 more to tell him that he might try it, appearers that the only way for anyone to listen

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@3 November 2003 - 22:18
    goto start -> run -> type 'msconfig' -> under startup is are all the programs that startup at boot, if you're sure you don't want them to start uncheck them, a good idea would be to post a screenshot and maybe we could tell you what you don't need

in my opinion formatting is the best way to speed up boot
    how do i make a screenshot?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+3 November 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 3 November 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@3 November 2003 - 23:18
    goto start -> run -> type &#39;msconfig&#39; -> under startup is are all the programs that startup at boot, if you&#39;re sure you don&#39;t want them to start uncheck them
    maybe if we get 4 more to tell him that he might try it, appearers that the only way for anyone to listen [/b][/quote]
    sorry MODs but i have to say this...

man shut the hell up i got on the forum for the first time in like a week. y u always makin fun of me u did this once before i remember u. that time i didnt say anything but u did it again. U DONT EVEN KNOW ME&#33; god damn whats ur problem. fukin looser with no life tryin to make fun of people only when hes on the internet because he feels safe behind his computer. u got nothin to do so u insult people on the internet.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    to the best of my knowledge I have not made fun of you before, if I did it was like this time, someone gave you the answer and you choose to ignore it
    tips for the future...
    1. if you ask a question on a forum, at least be willing to try what people say
    2. if you have something personal to say to me, say it in a pm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    @muchspl2. I agree with 3223 on this one; you could do with chilling out a bit. I&#39;ve read a few posts of yours, and you often exhibit an attitude problem. If you don&#39;t have the patience to help newbies, it&#39;s probably wise that you stay out of this sort of thread - although that won&#39;t help you with your spam co..., i mean post count.

Also, there&#39;s no reason why other posters should pm you to voice any grievances, i think you&#39;re confusing yourself with a mod.

@3223. Somebody gave you a link to a site where you can get bootvis; download it. It&#39;s a great little tool for analyzing your system boot and finding what is causing any delay.

Extract the file to your temp folder (key %temp% into your browser to find the extracted file) then click on the Bootvis icon. Click on Trace > Next Boot and Driver delays, then reboot. Once your system reboots you&#39;ll need to allow bootvis to finish, then it will present you with all processes that occur during boot up, in a clear and easy to understand graph. Let us know the results.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 November 2003 - 21:23
    @muchspl2. I agree with 3223 on this one; you could do with chilling out a bit. I&#39;ve read a few posts of yours, and you often exhibit an attitude problem. If you don&#39;t have the patience to help newbies, it&#39;s probably wise that you stay out of this sort of thread

he doesn&#39;t need a program unless he doesn&#39;t know how to type msconfig and I am chill, the only person that seems upset is the poster, and only after the fact I pointed out that he didn&#39;t listen to me, maybe if more people responded with the same advice, he might try it

- although that won&#39;t help you with your spam co..., i mean post count.

thats why I told him to do a pm, less spam in a thread

Also, there&#39;s no reason why other posters should pm you to voice any grievances, i think you&#39;re confusing yourself with a mod.

see above- regarding less

@3223. Somebody gave you a link to a site where you can get bootvis; download it. It&#39;s a great little tool for analyzing your system boot and finding what is causing any delay.

Extract the file to your temp folder (key %temp% into your browser to find the extracted file) then click on the Bootvis icon. Click on Trace > Next Boot and Driver delays, then reboot. Once your system reboots you&#39;ll need to allow bootvis to finish, then it will present you with all processes that occur during boot up, in a clear and easy to understand graph. Let us know the results.
    great advice, but again no need for a program, msconfig has ever thing that boots on startup

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Yeah ok.

Yes, msconfig will allow the poster to browse what applications are starting at boot up. Thing is though, it doesn&#39;t sound like that is his/problem. During a boot sequence, Windows and all drivers are loaded to memory first, then comes any applications, such as firewalls, av&#39;s, etc...

I might be wrong but i&#39;m guessing he&#39;s talking about Windows boot time.

ps. what happened to your post; that&#39;s very confusing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast