Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC talent hunt

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Go to the least assuming tracker on the web ,look for people who for no other reason than they merely want to, use both the forum and the tracker regularly and e- mail them invites .
    Problem with posting here or on "l337 " places is that you are either going to get insincere "seekers " or just more of the same sort of idiots that have already done a pretty good job of wrecking most places ,FSC included.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_away View Post
    Hi there! I heard about your high quality site and also want to join.
    What can i offer? Not too much but hope you will be interesting in it.
    First, i like to fill requests and if you have this section on site, i think i can be very useful there. I can fill very rare thing (especially in cinema).
    Second, i can seed some torrents (not the most popular) for months so they will be alive or reseed (i have some external HDD and store data on it - preferably internal releases)
    Also i use IRC and of course forums (heard they are great on FSC).
    Hope you will consider my candidacy. Cheers!
    We see you like to use forums.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Go to the least assuming tracker on the web ,look for people who for no other reason than they merely want to, use both the forum and the tracker regularly and e- mail them invites .
    Problem with posting here or on "l337 " places is that you are either going to get insincere "seekers " or just more of the same sort of idiots that have already done a pretty good job of wrecking most places ,FSC included.
    Places like bitsoup, IloveTorrents and similar could be a good place to start with. Discreetly recruiting of course.
    Maybe that's not such a bad idea, though not risk free either.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-25-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_away View Post
    Hi there! I heard about your high quality site and also want to join.
    What can i offer? Not too much but hope you will be interesting in it.
    First, i like to fill requests and if you have this section on site, i think i can be very useful there. I can fill very rare thing (especially in cinema).
    Second, i can seed some torrents (not the most popular) for months so they will be alive or reseed (i have some external HDD and store data on it - preferably internal releases)
    Also i use IRC and of course forums (heard they are great on FSC).
    Hope you will consider my candidacy. Cheers!
    You have 7 posts here in two years . One is the above ,two of them are "hi" and another is 3750.
    I would be asking myself right about now why you found the enthusiasm to post in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It's filesharing,apparently we live for danger.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-25-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

@snap3r, You were giving away invites and you were banned. You're surprised about that? You're surprised an fsc staffer told a friend that staffs at another tracker you were giving away their invites as well.

Look you were offering the invite. You claim it was your friend's but wouldn't name who it was. Fair enough if it was me I would protect my friend as well. I actually have a lot of respect for that, but the consequence of keeping your mouth shut is that you took the bullet. It's clear you knew you were breaking the rules, otherwise your mate wouldn't have needed you as a front man to do the GA. Sorry dude but that's just the way things roll.
    K thanks for the response.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

While you're at it,why don't you also ask the passwords I use at all my sites and if I use the same password at all the sites I'm a member of?
    You're asking very little, maybe you should retool your requirement list,make it more comprehensive?

I also assume if I have a tussle/argument with one of the FSC mods he/she would SURELY NOT have me banned from all the sites I'm a member of apart from FSC. Yes I fully trust FSC, heck I trust FSC so much I'll probably have you take care of my new borns(whenever I have them). Merely Pming my personal info to you isn't secure enough. Maybe I should SSL that to you,no?

I was a wee bit interested in joining FSC considering it's community is touted to be the best thing since sliced bread, but your requirements killed it for me. I take FST's free spirited & open community over any other site's any day of the week. Goodluck to those applying, hopefully you don't end up opening a thread on FST about getting disabled on ALL the sites you were a member of.
    XFD

Dude chill. Almost all this information will be available to us if you join anyway. You realise that right? And as for nicks we just want to make life easier on ourselves by asking you upfront instead of finding them out ourselves.
    Didn't really think of it that way,makes sense now. Sorry for the rudeness, was being overly skeptical I guess.

Umm if I may reapply , a bit about me - I work in an IT company and my shift is usually 9 hours a day and I work 5 days a week. I'm free on the weekends during which I hang out with real life friends and also post/download on torrent sites. My highest post count is on FST since it's full of life and controversial topics!(well you get the picture).

I have a 2 mbps connection. In India, sear , we don't have high speed connections (even if there are some they're unaffordable for most people). Given this major liability I prefer ratio-free or easy-to-seed sites where I can download and seed for weeks ,sometimes months. The seed point system of FSC would benefit me and also the site since I seed for long periods,ie weeks and months.

But the biggest reason I wanna join FSC is the intrigue surrounding its community. I just keep hearing about how FSC's community is the best and how the members love to post. I don't PRECISELY know how the community of FSC is till I join ofcourse but I think I might fit in the FSC sports club if there is one. I'm a very sporty person and love cricket,tennis and football the most. Since you're Aussie, I guess you know how crazy we Indians are about cricket(just saying ). So are there any Indians on FSC? Maybe I could be the first?

In terms of content I could upload packs(if permitted to) , have some good material on true crime which can't be found on other sites. Packs are easy to bundle and upload and a high speed connection isn't really a prerequisite or is it?

In terms of posting, I don't spam that's for certain. I usually don't hold back my thoughts and maybe come off too strongly sometimes which I'm constantly improvingon. To summarise, I see myself as more of a candid poster.

Well that's a little gist about me. I could go on but I'll keep it short. So if you choose to invite me I'd be glad to answer any question/concern you may have.

Thanks for considering my request, sear.

soulreaper

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's nice to see you do this sear! A bit skeptical on how the turn-out will fare, but you might catch a few gems in the rough?

my word of advice to applicants:
    I think most can agree that the last thing fsc needs is more people that join for the community, and build up a >1000 post count by spamming word games. There's only a very select few that do the fsc word games and also post meaningfully in discussion threads. Most don't realize that fsc staff don't judge based on a number; and it's completely meaningless to anyone of importance. Applicants can probably relate this to their posts on this forum, and whatever other forums they are members on that they link to in their app. If you are posting for post-count, you should re-think your reasoning. When you get rejected this time around, you might start to add something meaningful to the forums you are on, and possibly be noticed for fsc some time down the line.

Also, from what I know of sear, it's important that you take the torrenting part seriously. He doesn't believe fsc is a forum foremost, with the tracker being secondary. Show him you use your sites for more than just buffering. There seems to be some stigma on having huge ratios, but I'm not too convinced it's relate-able to smaller trackers.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I'm gonna throw in an invite as well.

Maybe
    Not sure how I feel about this. Use any invites you have on FSC bud you know I trust you but members giving away invites is against the rules. I could just say it's cool but it wouldn't be very politic of me. Besides it's easier for us to keep track of the people invited through here once their on site if it's done through staff.

Your heart's in the right place I just don't think that's a good idea <3

EDIT:

@PB yah after reading the rest of the posts in this tread it's def a no. Sorry but it's for the best.

@snap3r, You were giving away invites and you were banned. You're surprised about that? You're surprised an fsc staffer told a friend that staffs at another tracker you were giving away their invites as well.

Look you were offering the invite. You claim it was your friend's but wouldn't name who it was. Fair enough if it was me I would protect my friend as well. I actually have a lot of respect for that, but the consequence of keeping your mouth shut is that you took the bullet. It's clear you knew you were breaking the rules, otherwise your mate wouldn't have needed you as a front man to do the GA. Sorry dude but that's just the way things roll.

@cinephilia, really? You can go fuck yourself if you want to be like that. This has nothing to do with you. I've always thought you were ok, why would you act like such a cock about us protecting our site. FFS I would say more but I'm too pissed off and I'm not just speaking for myself so I need to moderate my words.

@Stabber, I don't think you're being insincere (well I don't 'know' that) it's just that the 'C' word has been thrown around so much for so long by so many scum-bags it's become toxic. It's like having the last name Bin Laden or something. Yah most the the Bin Laden family are not terrorists but the name will be forever poisoned.
    I agree that C word is being used for a long time but if you don't like that word then i can use "forums" . What i'm saying is that if you are looking an active poster i think that i would be that active poster because of the great "clubs" the forums have . Maybe i've used the wrong word but this what i was meaning . Because the word community in FSC is first the forums and then the tracker but either way i will be active as well at forums and with the tracker . I would be grateful if you reconsider me for an invite to FSC and be sure that i won't let you down .

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Places like bitsoup, IloveTorrents and similar could be a good place to start with. Discreetly recruiting of course.
    To paraphrase Edmund Burke "Those unable to learn from history are doomed to repeat it " . Or more succinctly "same old same old doesn't seem to be working ,why not try something different" ?

Anyway who's more likely to be a better member, someone that has limited bt resources or someone that has a toe dipped in most places? And who is more likely to lie,cheat and sell , some poor smuck who doesn't care enough to have previous looked "higher" or somebody that's so seriously into this sort of thing that they've been patiently working their way up the ladder?
    The best example I can give of this is Araditracker .Looking back it's amazing the quality of people that inhabited the place probably because it was un-elite and not despite it.
    Like I said look for someplace that is by no definition a "stepping stone" and therein lies the best chance for the highest caliber people.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-25-2010 at 07:25 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper
    So are there any Indians on FSC? Maybe I could be the first?
    Considering the population of India I find that comment irrelevant

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I'm wondering what the reply to this comment of mine will be (from all but Aby, you're probably going to quote a random part of what ensues and call me garbage), but sincerely what is FSC like? I hear things about it from both ends of the spectrum. I remember wanting in, and asking Idol for it as soon as I found out I'm allowed to do that around these parts of FST (whether people believe it or not, I only thought FST was a trading forum with a few better members, until my preliminary probation period was up), and I remember wanting that because of how much people had hyped it up. At the time ScT had gone down, and to be honest, that had been the only tracker I was active on at the time. I was a member at other places but never bothered to visit them all that much (perhaps not the most stellar thing to mention, given that the eventual outcome of this post and what follows could swerve me into throwing my name in), and when ScT went down, while I still hung out with some of the people I enjoyed being around from there, having laughs at old jokes etc. it's never been the same. Now obviously it will never be, either; but I remember a healthy amount of people saying they moved on to FTN/FSC on eclecticist, and I remember wondering if they were anything close to ScT/worth trying out.

So what is FSC like? Besides the ridiculous spamming that goes on about it (and perhaps on it). Besides the stuff non-members such as myself can know about (things like 13 hour pretimes, a great request fulfilling percentage, clubs and club leaders or whatever they are called). Those are really things that can be found elsewhere. I don't understand why nobody ever reviews a site honestly, explaining the parts that the enjoy, saying things like "so and so made my day by uploading this for me, then I met up with him on IRC and had a theology based argument" (obviously just an example), explaining what the typical day of theirs' goes like, how they use the site etc. (screenshots can only say so much about the life of a site). I hear people say that it needs more active torrenters, and others say it needs more quality members on the forums, so if it doesn't satisfy either why do people like it? How would it make sense that both sides of the tracker need working on? So what do people do on there? Do the majority spam? Is the intelligent discussion forums active? Should I expect seeds past the 10 day minimum? I know a lot of people say it's their primary site, and just as many say they don't bother visiting it; what makes the former fit in better, in the perspective of other members? Honestly, I'm intrigued (and have always been, and not due to level or legendary status, but rather due to the fact that I want to enjoy torrenting as I once had, as lame as that sounds - it's mundane visiting websites just to learn that someone thinks "dat ass" is worth 9/10. I want to see funny links, see hilarious comments about them; read about the news and intelligent political views about that etc.), but I want to know what I'm intrigued by. There's always the middle-ground of truth between love and hate, but why is there controversy?

I'm not trolling, although I'm sure someone will say/think that I am. I just always had these questions, and I suppose this is as appropriate a topic to toss them into the discussion as it can get.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 10-25-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Unfinished sentence.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast