Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC talent hunt

gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by spongeduckie View Post
    I have a feeling sear wants something along the lines of...I will not participate in the forums as much as one would like but, I can guarantee I will download a gang load and seed the shit out of all of the torrents I DL. Am I an uploader? Hell No! But tell you what...my PC NEVER sleeps and seeds around the clock! That right there is HONESTY.
    That's cool but most of us are seeding torrents around the clock. Right now I'm seeding 57 torrents at home and on my seedbox there was even more, not all of them mine though since I was sharing the box. The oldest torrent on my utorrent at home I've been seeding for almost 7 months.
    Last edited by gamesover; 10-26-2010 at 02:44 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #72
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Oh and @co_ak dude you know your full of shit right lol I think it says a lot about fsc and our staff that I/we know full well who you are and have taken no action accept me calling you a cunt (from my personal perspective of course). However if you don't like fsc and think the staff their are questionable feel free to ask for your account to be disabled. Honestly that would be the honourable thing to do.
    When did I call you a cunt? I never did any such thing. I gave my honest opinion when asked for it. The staff there have always been kind and active, as I quite readily pointed out (above jibe aside). I never said I hated FSC, or it totally sucks, or no one should join, etc, I gave an opinion on a few things that could use work and suggested that someone's apparent lack of qualifications shouldn't disqualify them here. I see nothing I said as false at all, though of course, different people are bound to have different opinions. If you were to ban me for having an opinion that clashes with yours, that would be the sole point in this thread that would speak volumes about FSC moreso than any other. I would think, however, that we could be mature about this.

As for knowing who I am, I've never made any effort whatsoever to hide that, unlike many here. The sole reason there's a difference between my nick here and trackers is that most of them don't allow underscores in usernames and I was going for consistency. If you're going to call me a cunt though, you could at least spell my name right.

And indeed, it's an interesting concept of a thread, and I've always found it admirable that FSC hasn't completely given up on FST unlike most of the other trackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #73
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @sear: I'm kinda surprised you're freaking at ca_aok.

His 'review' had the pros as well as the cons. Although I don't agree that the forum is full of spam cause I ignore those sections (tv, xxx, humor, etc) it gets some but its still my best general tracker forum and something I browse daily. I just ignore the few generic spam threads in the sections I do enjoy.

But he's right on some of the cons. Why is there a funspace button next to every torrent? Has anyone ever used that? I adblocked that and the bookmark link, it's messy clutter. Also the process of buying a request ticket and confirming it, just to make a request. That process is not streamlined.

The site WAS terribly slow, especially when all that cluttery jazz such as site ticker is enabled. It could take upwards of 10 seconds, but its fine now.

What were the other cons? Nothing really. And for some random person who just cares about downloading, that review does pretty much sum up the site.

@idoleyes: Not sure why someone who is used to using Bitsoup and hitting 1:1 in a couple hours would migrate to a site with deviations in pretimes for even the popular tv shows of up to a full night, where they might have to seed for a week to hit 1:1 if they snatch something >week old. if I were to invite a casual demonoid real life friend to a site, it would be FTN because you can hit and run and ratio does not matter. The majority of casual bittorrent users do not like to seed for 7 days... everyone I know personally closes torrents pretty quickly. am skeptical whether recruiting at 'open sign up' sites is a good idea. I'd guess most of those people have not heard of invite-only private trackers.

random users like this will have no pre-conceived connection to FSC's 'community', so why would they think to snatch from FSC? On-site, the main reason Retro stated for snatching (i believe) was because members genuinely like the tracker and the community, not because the economy or the speeds or the pres. noobs not exposed to the stigma that FSC rocks, would have no initial connection to spark particular interest in the site.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 10-26-2010 at 03:00 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #74
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i think sear was referring to someone else whose username begins with letter 'c' as well.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    lol calm down dude, i simply expressed my feeling about goku's [staff] questionable behavior.

resorting to blackmail with an e-friend to get names, and making sure both his fsc and exigo accounts are disabled for an insignificant giveaway... that's what i call being determined to harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Oh and @co_ak dude you know your full of shit right lol I think it says a lot about fsc and our staff that I/we know full well who you are and have taken no action accept me calling you a cunt (from my personal perspective of course). However if you don't like fsc and think the staff their are questionable feel free to ask for your account to be disabled. Honestly that would be the honourable thing to do.

yuup
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-26-2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spongeduckie View Post
    I have a feeling sear wants something along the lines of...I will not participate in the forums as much as one would like but, I can guarantee I will download a gang load and seed the shit out of all of the torrents I DL. Am I an uploader? Hell No! But tell you what...my PC NEVER sleeps and seeds around the clock! That right there is HONESTY.
    That's cool but most of us are seeding torrents around the clock. Right now I'm seeding 57 torrents at home and on my seedbox there was even more, not all of them mine though since I was sharing the box. The oldest torrent on my utorrent at home I've been seeding for almost 7 months.
    True. But I just meant it seems he wanted honesty rather than BS. Just my opinion though.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #76
    fish-strike's Avatar Dot BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Last edited by dougbrowne; 06-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #77
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You know, if you're being professional and all, you might want to be careful name dropping who you are, how to get to you in real life, and what you work as. At this rate, you're endangering yourself more than anything.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #78
    fish-strike's Avatar Dot BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Last edited by dougbrowne; 06-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #79
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok
    - The forums are far too full of spam for my tastes. Intelligent topics exist but are usually ignored by the forum userbase and get pushed down by the forum game threads.
    Outside the spam section I haven't seen any spam.But that's just me,I mostly visit the anime,music and general section and I find it very good.

- Their IRC is somewhat active considering site size but it's a small core number of people, and it's usually fairly quiet. When I come back there's usually been a mass highlight since they do try to get conversation going.
    - Pretimes aren't 13 hours (at least for popular stuff) but they also aren't stellar, and sometimes I've had problems with the peering of the initial uploader (i.e. the actual torrent won't start until some other peers pick it up). It's worth noting this has only happened 2-3 times.
    - The clubs are just fancy names for the different forum subject areas. The leaders are in charge of stirring up activity, holding contests, etc. I actually won a game review contest a while back so that was nice
    - Feature-wise it's got a lot of cool stuff but I find it a bit cluttered and hard to find all of those features. I still figure out new stuff randomly just by clicking around.
    - It's essentially ratioless if you're not a douche and can seed for a week and a half. Retention on old stuff isn't amazing but stuff often stays alive, even with just a seeder or two.
    - The staff are generally nice and fairly active and approachable.
    - The site itself is rather slow (i.e. loading times) which frustrates me to no end, and I've seen the frustrations voiced by others as well. It used to be practically unbrowseable, after the server switch a while back it's better but still slow.
    - Security is tight, it's taken much more seriously than it is elsewhere.
    - Regarding it being a successor to ScT, you'll feel more at home at SCC.
    Thats pretty much well said.

- Request fills are quite good from what I understand, but I've never requested anything there. The only stuff I ever really request is obscure music anyway, in which case What is the better place to make the request since I can slap a big bounty on it.
    I never saw FSC as my main source for files,maybe that's the reason why many get disappointed with the tracker side.I just use the request feature mostly.TBH I see FSC's tracker an extension to the forums.People requesting and sharing files and making use of the tracker to actually get what they really want.Even if FSC turned out to be an excellent Gen/0Day,I wont be using it because I rarely download Gen/0Day stuff and for Movies/TV/Music/Games/Software there are other excellent sources out there.

The below quote is what I posted in TPS and one guy called me a fanboi(maybe because I commented that he had superiority complex),I dont know how someone becomes fanboi when he describes a tracker highlighting its merits and demerits.Anyway,

The tracker side works differently than the other trackers out there.People sharing stuff,that's all.Popular TV shows,Movies etc gets uploaded,Some good packs,normal speed on torrents,No stellar pretimes or awesome collection of torrents.But you can request anything and it gets filled if its available somewhere in the net.That is one of the best thing I like about FSC.

The forum is one is the best in whole of BT.Old timers,friends,mature conversations,people posting because they want to and not for showing purposes (makes a hell lot of a difference in quality),Lots of threads which have quality discussions and information,people expressing their "unique" opinions instead of all being sheeps,people sharing experience and enjoying the forum for what it is.You meet like minded individuals in FSC Clubs,share interests,find new stuff and actually get to know each other better.Those threads in music club discussing dnb,techno etc are essential reads buzzing with activity,quality posts and information and the general discussing section is like an archive of BT with loads of people sharing their experiences etc.The forum of FSC is what I would call a real community.People doesn't pretend there and genuinely enjoy the place.
    Some wont find the forums to be the way I do,They may have various reasons for it.But imo I like it.But I must also add that there is only a small percentage that are active in forums.It has one of the better communities in BT anyway.
    In a way FST and FSC are a lot alike minus the hostility maybe

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #80
    Poster
    Hey sear,

I'm very active when it comes to most tracker communities, and do not post garbage, definitely not spam whore. I also seed torrents for months on end, and download plenty. I do not currently have any graphic design skills, but I am a great guy, and would be a great asset to the FSC community. *Thumbs up*

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast