Thread: Best BitTorrent App for Mac?

Question Mark

Hi all I currently use usenet to satisfy my filesharing needs, but cash is king and you can't beat free...as I have been out of the BT scene for a while, what is the best BT client for uploading and downloading in OSX?

Thanks
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    There's a version of uTorrent for Mac, in case you're already familiar with its Windows counterpart.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    deluge and transmission are the best
    Last edited by hotshot6473; 12-21-2010 at 11:10 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    transmission for me
    feels good, man

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    There's a version of uTorrent for Mac, in case you're already familiar with its Windows counterpart.
    But the name Transmission comes with mac, almost all the time. And I didn't even know the fact that there is a version of utorrent for mac too.
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    And I didn't even know the fact that there is a version of utorrent for mac too.
    Try reading P2P news more often.

Anyway, I didn't say it's awesome because it's uTorrent but for Macs or anything, just thought I'd point it out.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    yeah Transmission

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks all, uTorrent looks easy enough - think I'll check out transmission too and see which one I like the best - Thanks again for the help
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You can also try Vuze, the most complete client around.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    with opensource, you can beat the free, even if don't give a fuck about the source code or programming, you will always be sure of two things with open source

1-this never happens at an opensource software;
    https://filesharingtalk.com/content/5...re-via-toolbar
    2-and they always stay free, even if become paid, someone else will use their source to make a free copy

so go with transmission or deluge