Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of BitMeTV.Org

Poster BT Rep: +4
    We all know of BitMeTV, as one of the elite sites.

You know, like a legitimate elite site, not one of these new sites, that pop up, and try to have that status, by only sparingly pass out invites, and getting pissed when you mention their acronym, Seriously?

But to anyone that has an account there, does anyone feel, that the site has gone down hill recently in the amount of seeds/activity/torrents being uploaded?

I know staff reads the forum, something needs to be changed....
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 01-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Wow. You're a member of an elite site. And not just any elite site. A legitimate elite site.

Maybe I should just bow down to you right now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    A lot of the older top trackers are suffering from a decline in activity. The current tracker community is being flooded by dozens of new sites every month, and lots of people leave their older accounts inactive as they try out the next new big thing.

BitMeTV's greatest strength has become its greatest weakness. The site is rather hard to seed back older content for home users. This meant there was a huge incentive for home users to seed torrents for a long time (or forever), giving the site great retention on rare content. Unfortunately, with the recent rise in cheap seedboxes and ratioless trackers, many people who would normally seed for a long time have stopped doing so, since they can either buy a cheap seedbox for a month a buffer a few hundred GB for a month then leech for a long time, or they can just download most stuff from a ratioless tracker and not worry about having to seed much if anything back. The sharp rise in popularity and membership of BTN is a testament to this. The site is not even a year old and has already nearly 18k members.
    Last edited by chrisbeebops; 01-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Wow. You're a member of an elite site. And not just any elite site. A legitimate elite site.

Maybe I should just bow down to you right now.
    That comment could be seen as insulting if I didn't know you were being sincere.

Btw can someone please give me a list of the legitimate elite sites so in my ignorance I don't go joining a counterfeit and download a bunch of stuff or enjoy myself while inadvertently belonging to any .
    Thanx in advance.

PS community ones preferably as I usually find a lot of worthwhile threads and intelligent dialogue on them.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbeebops View Post
    A lot of the older top trackers are suffering from a decline in activity. The current tracker community is being flooded by dozens of new sites every month, and lots of people leave their older accounts inactive as they try out the next new big thing.

BitMeTV's greatest strength has become its greatest weakness. The site is rather hard to seed back older content for home users. This meant there was a huge incentive for home users to seed torrents for a long time (or forever), giving the site great retention on rare content. Unfortunately, with the recent rise in cheap seedboxes and ratioless trackers, many people who would normally seed for a long time have stopped doing so, since they can either buy a cheap seedbox for a month a buffer a few hundred GB for a month then leech for a long time, or they can just download most stuff from a ratioless tracker and not worry about having to seed much if anything back. The sharp rise in popularity and membership of BTN is a testament to this. The site is not even a year old and has already nearly 18k members.
    Good point made bro, isnt there anything that these hard to seed on trackers could do make it otherwise?

EDIT: If there is then why dont they?
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 01-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yea, open registration, or do what TL does and give away a million invites...

You know speaking of which, as big as TL is, I'm surprised they haven't caught any heat...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post

EDIT: If there is then why dont they?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Yea, open registration, or do what TL does and give away a million invites...

You know speaking of which, as big as TL is, I'm surprised they haven't caught any heat...
    Increasing the no of members will increase the peer activity on the tracker making it easy to seed on...............agreed but it will demotivate the members to upload their own stuff on the tracker therefore defying a trackers ambition to have the big/bigger library of content.

One more measure to sort the problem could be "freeleech" but then again it will arise the problem of demotivating the members to upload torrents, for the trackers which are dependent on their members to upload torrents like what/waffles ETC

I once read on what.cd FAQ's "If we put freeleech once a week or twice a month it will defy our purpose if being here", the only thing i could make out of it is that they want to remain as "hard to seed on" tracker which will motivate people to upload as many torrents as they can.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    The only wrong with that theory is that BitMeTV has a Donate for Ratio policy....

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you're elite in ShitMETV why you bother yourself about down hill, just brag among your n00bs.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast